Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,258 members, 7,957,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:12 PM

The False Alarm On Islamophobia - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The False Alarm On Islamophobia (2939 Views)

Islamophobia! They Are Here Again / Islamophobia Spin: Why There Is Nothing Good A Muslim Can Do / The False Dajjal (Anti-Christ) And His Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The False Alarm On Islamophobia by JackBizzle: 6:54am On Nov 10, 2014
tbaba1234:

That is not the first time, he has made many inane comments. I have seen him say many ridiculous things. Just an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEwbjWiUV3s#t=153

Fact, there is no difference between Bill Maher and Fox news when it comes to Islam and Muslims.

First of all, Bill Maher doesnt support the Iraq war. Very different from Fox news.

It is funny that you keep putting up videos without pointing out what is wrong with what he is saying. Bill Maher is mostly talking about "radical muslims" not just muslims.

There are real islamophobes like Ann Coulter and her rightwing nutjobs. But even as these people are bigots, they are not on the streets beheading infidels like the bigots from islamic countries. An important point that Usermane makes.

There is real islamophobia but, muslims should understand that many people in the West will never take it seriously because they see worse bigotry coming from the middle east and islamic societies.

It would be like campaigning for men's rights when women are 10 times more oppressed than men. Both women and men have rights issues but women's rights are given priority because of the level of oppression they get. Similarly, non-muslims get 10 times the oppression in islamic countries that muslims get in the west.

Which one is worse?

Islamophobia in the west VS non muslim discrimination in the middle east/islamic countries-

Islamophobia in the west
-muslimas in hijab abused in the street
-mosques desecrated
-muslims not given certain jobs
-harsh treatment in the media

non muslim discrimination in islamic countries
-beheading of non-muslims on both false and real accusations of blasphemy
-blocking of new churches or synagogues to be built
-classifying atheism as terrorist act/illegal
-forced dress codes
-treated as "unholy" or "dirty" people who are "sexual perverts" and "pig eaters"
-cant get most government jobs

1 Like

Re: The False Alarm On Islamophobia by usermane(m): 3:49am On Nov 11, 2014
UPDATED POST

Anti spam bot banned me for 48 hours. The agents of Islam section can't stand my ideas and opinions about them. So, they left me in the cold despite my mails. I "ll invite the to the way of God(Qur'an 4:135).

Who said Muslims don't suffer mistreatment in the West? My point is that "Islamophobia" is different from what Muslims cry of. There is need to differentiate hate for beards or headscarf from hate for Islam. They aren't synonymous.

As much as Muslim sites exists narrating ordeals of Muslims enduring oppression at in the hands of non Muslims. Christian sites replete with ordeals of non-muslims oppressed by muslims can also be found online.

The plight of those hijabis and beardos discriminated or assaulted in the West is subtle relative to Aasia Bibi and her likes in the Sharia states. For the former 's oppression is based on sentiments which with no backing from the state while the latter 's oppression is based on religious motives with backing from the state. Who then is blamable for "Islamophobia" other than the Muslim world?
Re: The False Alarm On Islamophobia by usermane(m): 3:53am On Nov 11, 2014
Upon all the phobia for Islam in the West, Muslims are dismantling Churches to build Mosques. A Christian in your sharia state isn't even permitted to expand his Church.

A Muslim once complained to me of US visa issuers' discriminating against Muslims. Though, i sympathized with him but i couldn't deny the truth. This same Muslim find nothing wrong in barring of non-Muslims from Mecca and Medina. These same Muslims go to the West with utter disregard for the culture, abuse the freedom, protesting against the law. While in their homeland, mere expression of contempt for the law by non- Muslims is crime.

In spite of this Islamophobia Muslims cry about, Western Liberals like George Galloway fearlessly stand for you.
Ben Afflek stood for you against his fellow westerner. When Salmaan Taseer stood for Aasia Bibi, he was crushed by fellow muslims. When Farag Foda stood for the Copts, he was killed by his brothers, Muslim Brotherhood.

Please, lets utilize more of reason and less of emotion when we judge or analyze.
Re: The False Alarm On Islamophobia by usermane(m): 3:56am On Nov 11, 2014
Empiree:
usermane, na wa for u oooo. U no get tired of this?. Wetin dey wori u sef? why u dey freaking 1 sided?

I have tried as much as possible not to paint the whole muslims with one brush. That 's why i often use terms like extremists, fanatics, Islamists or Islamaniacs. If anyone still feel offended after this, then it is guilty conscience.

1 Like

Re: The False Alarm On Islamophobia by usermane(m): 3:58am On Nov 11, 2014
tbaba1234:

You are the one that needs to be confronted with the kind of falsehood, you produce.

Am no fan of Bill Maher. In fact, untill the recent outburst over his comment, i never knew him. Believe it or not, Maher isn't alone. He simply took the word off the tip of the tongues of a lot of people. I think it was an honest opinion but many misconstrued it as deliberate attack on muslims.

If you think that you can vehemently deny ISIS, while your ideology rules execution for apostasy/blasphemers, for drawing Muhammad or for criticising Muhammad and offensive Jihad to get infidel states under Sharia; you are deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: The False Alarm On Islamophobia by Question01(m): 6:51am On Nov 11, 2014
JackBizzle:

The worst I have ever seen him do, is make an error on islam by claiming female genital mutilation is an islamic issue.

Peace!
FGM is an Islamic issue for the traditionalists. It is prescribed for both male and females according to their traditions. Some schools of thoughts deem it obligatory while others deem it recommendable. All in all, FGM is encouraged and honourable according to orthodox Islamic jurisprudence or theology.

http://islamqa.info/en/45528
Re: The False Alarm On Islamophobia by Empiree: 8:18pm On Nov 11, 2014
[quote author=usermane post=27904804]

[s]I have tried as much as possible not to paint the whole muslims with one brush. That 's why i often use terms like extremists, fanatics, Islamists or Islamaniacs. If anyone still feel offended after this, then it is guilty conscience.[[/s]/quote]Irrelevant...my point is you are so bias. Use all sorts of twisted words or phrases as you want doesnt change anything. There are plenty of cases of muslim persecution at the hand of average non muslims (usually for islamic appearance like hijab, "brown skin" or simply for being suspected muslim) that you skipped. The least you can say is 'i know they are'. Only less than 1% of these incidents are seen in main stream media.

But how about a whole lots of so called criminal prosecution by govt deliberately targeting and persecuting muslims just for being muslims but they paint them supporting terrorism etc just to get away with crimes. Some have been killed in the west and abroad by means of 'hit list'. These cases dont make it to main stream at all. They would rather report the opposite I advice you to visit "Mother Jones" magazine. See if you can locate Trevor Aaroson or on youtube or his books, "Terrorist For The fbi", Informants, The Terror Factory-how they manufacture terrorists etc. They are available on amazon and ebay for a fee. Or website like loonwatchdotcom where lots more are reported.
http://www.loonwatch.com/2014/10/how-one-man-refused-to-spy-on-fellow-muslims-for-the-fbi-and-then-lost-everything/

o wait, check out Gulet Mohamed on youtube and hear his story. Trevor Aaronson and Glen Greenward are favorite journalists on this. Your problem is you are whitewashed, and since you claim to believe in Quran, here is juz 49:6

O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.

I am sure you know what you doing. Your attacking muslims here just makes no sense to me. Now, am not denying mischief by some muslim or so called muslim govt. Looks like you want to paint them as following Shariah order. Thats just very wrong. They are not. 98.99% of them are not. That you tried so much not to paint all muslim is still irrelevant. The point is this is not news at all, period. And wait go and read on Aafia Sidique, or a muslim guy sentenced to 15yrs just for sending 300$ to fund his orphanage in paki. the list go on.

As for http://islamqa.info/en/45528, you basically frustrating yourself . FGM is haram. this site provided no proof. You need to watch Dr.bilal phillips on youtube. Just stop this nonsense of urs.
Re: The False Alarm On Islamophobia by usermane(m): 11:24am On Nov 12, 2014
Empiree: Irrelevant...my point is you are so bias. Use all sorts of twisted words or phrases as you want doesnt change anything. There are plenty of cases of muslim persecution at the hand of average non muslims (usually for islamic appearance like hijab, "brown skin" or simply for being suspected muslim) that you skipped. The least you can say is 'i know they are'. Only less than 1% of these incidents are seen in main stream media.

Just as typical, you bemoan the media again. Thanks to political correctness, how many percent of Muslim excesses get reported? If you think, you are the only one with a grudge against the mainstream media, go ask the Christians how they feel.

But how about a whole lots of so called criminal prosecution by govt deliberately targeting and persecuting muslims just for being muslims but they paint them supporting terrorism etc just to get away with crimes. Some have been killed in the west and abroad by means of 'hit list'. These cases dont make it to main stream at all. They would rather report the opposite I advice you to visit "Mother Jones" magazine. See if you can locate Trevor Aaroson or on youtube or his books, "Terrorist For The fbi", Informants, The Terror Factory-how they manufacture terrorists etc. They are available on amazon and ebay for a fee. Or website like loonwatchdotcom where lots more are reported.
http://www.loonwatch.com/2014/10/how-one-man-refused-to-spy-on-fellow-muslims-for-the-fbi-and-then-lost-everything/

o wait, check out Gulet Mohamed on youtube and hear his story. Trevor Aaronson and Glen Greenward are favorite journalists on this. Your problem is you are whitewashed, and since you claim to believe in Quran, here is juz 49:6

I am sure you know what you doing. Your attacking muslims here just makes no sense to me. Now, am not denying mischief by some muslim or so called muslim govt. That you tried so much not to paint all muslim is still irrelevant. The point is this is not news at all, period. And wait go and read on Aafia Sidique, or a muslim guy sentenced to 15yrs just for sending 300$ to fund his orphanage in paki. the list go on.

Those are terror related matters. Of course, there involve harrassment of Muslims which is pretty bad. But i wouldn't call it Islamophobia or sheer hate for Muslims. It is born out of frustration and quest for culprits over terrors' acts like 9/11 or 7/7. Even in Nigeria where Muslims make up 50% of the masses, there has been reports of harrassment of Muslims over allegation or suspicion of terror. It wasn't so before Boko Haram emerged.

With hate and fiery preachers in the West, radicalization in the Mosques, most of which are run by Salafists or Muslim Brotherhood affiliates, Muslims emigrating from the West to join Al Qaeda/ISIS or serving as fifth columnists; It is hard to describe the FBI acts as Islamophobic or sheer hate.

Thank you for the Verse(49:6). If you read through my article, every allegation i made can be proved. Whenever the West enact laws to disenfranchise muslims the way Sharia does to non-Muslims, you can shout, "Islamophobia".

Looks like you want to paint them as following Shariah order. Thats just very wrong. They are not. 98.99% of them are not.

What are you saying? That the Sudanese court wasn't keeping Sharia when Mariam Ibrahim was nearly executed for apostasy or or Sharia doesn't rule death for the case of the Christian couple recently burnt in Pakistan over blasphemy? Empiree, how well do you know Sharia? Better than the Muslim Brotherhood group that hanged Muhammad Taha for heresy?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sunnahs Of 'eid-al-fitr / Israelis Oppressive Behaviour Towards The Feeble Palestinians / A Wedding Gone Wrong At Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.