Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 (2140 Views)

UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car / Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" / The New 6-wheel-drive Mercedes G63 AMG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 08, 2014
please i have a single question, for some reasons, i wn't go into some details i earlier intended to, till maybe next January
please how can one Modify a 09 Explorer to sound like a G63?
thank you
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by tempex88(m): 11:14pm On Nov 08, 2014
Detach the exhaust from the engine.... Since u love it roaring

4 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by chillex8(m): 11:14pm On Nov 08, 2014
Make a hole on your exhaust manifold..

Your presence will be felt

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 08, 2014
lol i dn't mean that type. i mean the Kingly roaring of a G63. the first time i heard that type of roaring was i think on a 99 Chevy Suburban.
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by shaggy007(m): 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
tempex88:
Detach the exhaust from the engine.... Since u love it roaring

chillex8:
Make a hole on your exhaust manifold..
Your presence will be felt

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 08, 2014
pls this is necessary for a Modification operation. i think i came across it some time on this forum like they call it rising or ricing.
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by ironheart(m): 11:37pm On Nov 08, 2014
I have heard that roar before n I think it has a turbocharger in the engine bay, but I think u can replicate that by installing a short ramp air intake and also changeing the exhaust to a sport exhaust, that is if you can't afford to buy a v8 engine n supercharge it
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 09, 2014
ironheart:
I have heard that roar before n I think it has a turbocharger in the engine bay, but I think u can replicate that by installing a short ramp air intake and also changeing the exhaust to a sport exhaust, that is if you can't afford to buy a v8 engine n supercharge it
am really sceptical about V8 engines. i think a 4.0L is enough for me. all i need is that sound.
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 09, 2014
i also once saw a 2003 pathfinder roaring like that. the look on the car was sporty, like they did a Mod Job on it.
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by Nobody: 4:34am On Nov 09, 2014
Magnaflow Exhaust System

http://www.magnaflow.com

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by Nobody: 4:37am On Nov 09, 2014
Or you can just get this engine grin

I guarantee you that you'll be heard a good 5 miles away.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by ironheart(m): 5:31am On Nov 09, 2014
Bossforeva:
am really sceptical about V8 engines. i think a 4.0L is enough for me. all i need is that sound.
invest in a good exhaust
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by nurey(m): 8:06am On Nov 09, 2014
CityNG:
Or you can just get this engine grin

I guarantee you that you'll be heard a good 5 miles away.

Are you sure if he install that in the car, the engine will not detach itself and the front wheels from the rest of the car.

@op, Roar (noise pollution) is now a crime in Lagos by LASRPA (Lagos State Roar Pollution Agency). Lol

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
Thanks for your suggestions, i just need the mild and honourary roaring of the G.
Not the type that a punctured Old Volkswagen Beetle exhaust system will give me.
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by chucky234(m): 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
Maybe put a full grown Lion in your boot to handle the roar effect.
lol

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
chucky234:
Maybe put a full grown Lion in your boot to handle the roar effect.
lol
i wish you the same lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by chucky234(m): 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
Bossforeva:
i wish you the same lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
hahahaha
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by sultaan(m): 4:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
google cherry bomb exhaust it might be your cheapest option.

or Magnaflow as earlier stated
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by billy187(m): 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
Used to drive a '99 suburban....it was the 1500, with a 5.7 litre v8. The stock exhaust note on that truck was amazing, especially when I floored it at the traffic lights. It lived up to the sound with ample power...lost count of all poor cars we rescued during those wicked Montana winters. Left her with a friend when coming to Ghana....I now drive a 'discreet' '03 ford focus. grin

To alter your exhaust note, you can either go straight pipe (delete e cats and muffler etc etc) or get an aftermarket kit like a magnaflow (or is it magmaflow?? look it up)
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by IdaraCHODB(m): 6:42pm On Nov 09, 2014
CityNG:
Magnaflow Exhaust System

http://www.magnaflow.com

Absolutely right - you can change both the catalyst and the muffler ( but I think the roar you are talking about comes from the aftermarket muffler not the catalyst).

I don't know if they are right on both counts, but they say that their muffler increases both the power and the sound. I haven't measured the power on my ride, but my ride stopped being quiet ever since I installed their muffler ( I mean when I stomp on the gas you know something is going on)

You do not absolutely need to delete your catalyst to create the roar - I have a brand new catalyst installed but I also have a performance muffler from Magnaflow and the sound at idle is a little bit louder than stock, and during heavy acceleration is like the roar you are thinking of
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
IdaraCHODB:

Absolutely right - you can change both the catalyst and the muffler ( but I think the roar you are talking about comes from the aftermarket muffler not the catalyst).

I don't know if they are right on both counts, but they say that their muffler increases both the power and the sound. I haven't measured the power on my ride, but my ride stopped being quiet ever since I installed their muffler

Magnaflow is the default exhaust system for domestic (they do imports too) and Megans Racing is the one for imports - [url]http://www.meganracing.com [/url]. These are my opinions though.

If you have a smartphone then I recommend some power/speed/torque measuring apps.

I removed the exhaust system in my MR2 and installed a full aftermarket system. It like the car up.

Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by IdaraCHODB(m): 7:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
CityNG:

Magnaflow is the default exhaust system for domestic (they do imports too) and Megans Racing is the one for imports - [url]http://www.meganracing.com [/url]. These are my opinions though.

If you have a smartphone then I recommend some power/speed/torque measuring apps.

I removed the exhaust system in my MR2 and installed a full aftermarket system. It like the car up.

You went all the way - including headers, i think I should try that too.

Please go-ahead and recommend, but i have a gut feeling that the power has indeed increased, I just don't have numbers to back it up
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 09, 2014
IdaraCHODB:

You went all the way - including headers, i think I should try that too.

Please go-ahead and recommend, but i have a gut feeling that the power has indeed increased, I just don't have numbers to back it up

I take my automotive hobby seriously grin

On a previous thread here - https://www.nairaland.com/1935779/lets-encourage-diy-operation-show - I was accused of "showing off" by certain sectors.

I do a bit more than oil changes and brake jobs grin

On this job I also upgraded to a ported and flowed cylinder head.
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by IdaraCHODB(m): 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
CityNG:

I take my automotive hobby seriously grin

On a previous thread here - https://www.nairaland.com/1935779/lets-encourage-diy-operation-show - I was accused of "showing off" by certain sectors.

I do a bit more than oil changes and brake jobs grin

On this job I also upgraded to a ported and flowed cylinder head.

Good to know. I too take my cars seriously, but I haven't invested as much in tools.

From your experience is it true that the aftermarket headers such as Magnaflow are indeed less restrictive than OEM? Resulting in more power output as some claim?
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
IdaraCHODB:

Good to know. I too take my cars seriously, but I haven't invested as much in tools.

From your experience is it true that the aftermarket headers such as Magnaflow are indeed less restrictive than OEM? Resulting in more power output as some claim?

It's absolutely true that you get more power from headers, well designed headers from a good manufacturer like Magnaflow who conducts research and development.

IMHO, if you install a full exhaust system from them plus an aftermarket freeflow catalytic converter (there's no need to remove cats anymore) then you can get 25 - 50 more horsepower if you can do an intake upgrade and chip reprogramming at the same time.
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by IdaraCHODB(m): 9:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
CityNG:

It's absolutely true that you get more power from headers, well designed headers from a good manufacturer like Magnaflow who conducts research and development.

IMHO, if you install a full exhaust system from them plus an aftermarket freeflow catalytic converter (there's no need to remove cats anymore) then you can get 25 - 50 more horsepower if you can do an intake upgrade and chip reprogramming at the same time.

Thanks. I'll add those to my projects for 2015 in this order - pipes, headers , intake upgrade, chip reprogramming.

I am already running a Magnaflow freeflow catalytic converter and performance muffler
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by shamecurls(m): 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
Remove the exhaust manifold....you will be amazed by the thundering sound you will hear....... Please note that you will have to relocate close to a gas station as you wilol always need a refill.
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
shamecurls:
Remove the exhaust manifold....you will be amazed by the thundering sound you will hear....... Please note that you will have to relocate close to a gas station as you wilol always need a refill.

Not necessarily true.

If you drive like a gentleman, which we all should, then the gas mileage can even improve - FACT.

Now, if you're hotdogging and blipping the throttle to announce your arrival or to appear aggressive to other motorists then your mileage will surfer, just as it will with a regular exhaust system.

The bad thing about a removed exhaust header is that the valves will burn out quickly due to the exhaust heat not being scavenged away.
Re: Please How Can I Make An 09 Ford Explorer, Roar Like A G63 by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 03, 2015
finall, best option is a full Magnaflow Exhaust system for Trucks and SUVs, and a K&N 77 series cold air intake.

(1) (Reply)

Hissing Sound When Break Pedal Is Depressed / Launch X431, Creader, Autel, Autoboss Scan Tools , Ck100, X100, X300 Skp900 / Cost Of Shipping From D Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.