Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,296 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" (7818 Views)

Anyone Using A Ford Explorer Sports Trac? / VSC Trac, VSC Off And Abs Issue With 2004 Toyota 4runner / What Causes Trac Off Light To Come On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 10:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
Yes. I got delivery of my Ford Explorer Sports Trac today.

It looks different... Not seen much like it around... Even on American forums... Yellow; I have nicknamed it truck of the yellow sun.

Specs will be loaded shortly.

This thread will detail my work on the truck... What I believe should be done on every family used car acquired.

Caveat.
I am not siena and not even at par with the gurus like lomomike, CityNG, Coldplay007, sultaan, etc

Just accept me as I am

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2014
Congratulationson on ur truck, its yellow as a posche. Looks clean.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 20, 2014
Congratulations.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 5:01am On Oct 21, 2014
lomomike:
Congratulationson on ur truck, its yellow as a posche. Looks clean.

Thanks..
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 5:01am On Oct 21, 2014
CityNG:
Congratulations.

Thanks
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 5:13am On Oct 21, 2014
First things first.

My To-Do list:
Engine oil change - 5w30 recommended
Oil Filter change - Motorcraft preferred
ATF change - Motorcraft Mercon V.
Tranny filter change
Addition of tints to the front windows... Permits to be gotten.
plate number... Commercial number preferred

Panel beating.: noticed some rusts during purchase but not something that cannot be fixed. The tailgate portion mainly. Buying cars from cold climates can be a pain as the road salt does serious damage. Best advise is to check the underbody and door hinges well during purchase. Luckily, I have mainly surface rusts.
Application of anti - rust in the pipeline too

side skirts on driver side needs replacement.

Led lights installation on the interior lamps.

Installation of premium sound system. Head unit, under seat woofers and premium speakers

Installation of over head high intensity lights on the roof for use on farm

Inspection of the shocks, axles, bushings
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by xerotop(m): 6:38am On Oct 21, 2014
Nice truck bro.

I drive an F150. For genuine service and repair parts and accessories, get urself attached to a few folks on dis forum or u order from abroad.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 6:56am On Oct 21, 2014
xerotop:
Nice truck bro.

I drive an F150. For genuine service and repair parts and accessories, get urself attached to a few folks on dis forum or u order from abroad.

Thanks.

Been wanting to holla you as regards parts.

How can I get the aforementioned parts.

For starters, I need to drain the fluids... Engine oil and tranny.

Filters would be needed too
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 21, 2014
Looks like an MTN vehicle. grin

Just kidding.

It looks really clean. Congratulations!
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 21, 2014
Nice-looking rig, Denn. I like the proactive steps you're taking too.

Congratulations on your new purchase, may she serve you well.

3 Likes

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 8:34am On Oct 21, 2014
Victoriousvic:
Looks like an MTN vehicle. grin

Just kidding.

It looks really clean. Congratulations!

Yes... Everywhere you go... Lol
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 8:57am On Oct 21, 2014
Siena:
Nice-looking rig, Denn. I like the proactive steps you're taking too.

Congratulations on your new purchase, may she serve you well.

Thanks bro.

Your comments are appreciated.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by nurey(m): 9:34am On Oct 21, 2014
Congratulations bro, finally the CoMpEtItIoN has arrived L;DL

1 Like

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 10:08am On Oct 21, 2014
nurey:
Congratulations bro, finally the CoMpEtItIoN has arrived L;DL

Thanks...

There was no competition, only a flogging... Extreme spanking... Lol
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by xerotop(m): 10:24am On Oct 21, 2014
Denn:

Thanks.
Been wanting to holla you as regards parts.
How can I get the aforementioned parts.
For starters, I need to drain the fluids... Engine oil and tranny.
Filters would be needed too

Sorry bro 4 d late response.
I order from the US. Amazons mostly.

I jst ordered for set of motorcraft spark plugs and another driver side mirror cos a tricycle broke d 1 i had 2weeks ago.

If u have the opportunity, try order for part u might need in advance,it will really help u.

For me i have a spare throthle body, fuel filter, oil filter and some bottles of mercon v Atf at home.

Also try go online and research in diff forum what issues are peculiar to ur truck so u can prepare for them.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 12:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
xerotop:

Sorry bro 4 d late response.
I order from the US. Amazons mostly.

I jst ordered for set of motorcraft spark plugs and another driver side mirror cos a tricycle broke d 1 i had 2weeks ago.

If u have the opportunity, try order for part u might need in advance,it will really help u.

For me i have a spare throthle body, fuel filter, oil filter and some bottles of mercon v Atf at home.

Also try go online and research in diff forum what issues are peculiar to ur truck so u can prepare for them.

How many mercon v do you have? If you want to sell your oil filter and mercon, what will you take?

Thanks
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Coldplay007(f): 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2014
Lovely! I love that yellow hue...
Do they come in pink? grin grin
I'm sure sumbori has 2 of this too... tongue
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
Rear view after getting a number plate... Commercial

1 Like

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
Canada?
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 9:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
CityNG:
Canada?

yep
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2014
i stated earlier that some rust was noticed and will be corrected.

took it in for repairs today.

rust had dug in around some locations...

trunk door was removed...

currently being fixed. rushed to the airport to catch a flight out so could not wait to see the outcome.

took pictures of the rust. i have been trying to upload but my network here is a bit messy.

will upload tomorrow morning.

Next item to fix will be the fluids.

i need to drive the truck through all the states in the south west over the weekend on different family engagements and need to have new blood in The Truck of The Yellow Sun before then,

i called someone on NL for mercon v ATF and was charged 4k per bottle. oil filter at 4k too, tranny filter at 10k.

the person suggested i use Mobil XHP (a common 20w50 engine oil) and i flatly refused. i told him that will do more damage to the engine IMHO.

please advise of where to get affordable parts

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Coldplay007(f): 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
Denn:
Rear view after getting a number plate... Commercial
Kk... its meant for business?
Thats mixing business with pleasure... grin
I think it's a much more reasonable choice than either the tundra or Nissan Titan which you see all over our roads...
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 9:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
double post
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 9:37pm On Oct 21, 2014
Coldplay007:
Lovely! I love that yellow hue...
Do they come in pink? grin grin
I'm sure sumbori has 2 of this too... tongue

thanks....

only toyotas come in pink...like the avalon....lol
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
Coldplay007:

Kk... its meant for business?
Thats mixing business with pleasure... grin
I think it's a much more reasonable choice than either the tundra or Nissan Titan which you see all over our roads...

yes. business.

thanks. Titan or frontier is not even on my radar. I might consider a late model tacoma or tundra but the F150 king ranch comes to mind and the japanese considerations fizzle away.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
Must be a Canuck only color as I have never seen a yellow one in the US.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by sultaan(m): 3:32am On Oct 22, 2014
CityNG:
Must be a Canuck only color as I have never seen a yellow one in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Explorer_Sport_Trac

Denn:

yes. business.
thanks. Titan or frontier is not even on my radar. I might consider a late model tacoma or tundra but the F150 king ranch comes to mind and the japanese considerations fizzle away.

Now that you drive something rare on naija road go without fear of thieves and the Mrs will really like shopping with it.I guarantee you she will stop driving the small car and get use to something more dominating on the road. grin

The King Ranch is too much of luxury than work truck.Driving a King Ranch with commercial tag should be crime grin The interior is too good for you to get mud on it.

I hope you got a deal on that truck, I liked having one of those in naija because I thought of a utility vehicle and hope I'll save ~N200k when compared to the import duty on a SUV.Can you give an estimate on how much the import duty on that truck is?

If by any chance you are flying to the US get some rainx, basic tools(wrenches,socket set,pliers and Scantool), and see if you can ship 5qt+filter of mercon in you checked lugage.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 4:17am On Oct 22, 2014
sultaan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford

1) North America is actually three countries and thus at least three different markets.

2) Nothing on the link says yellow was offered in the US.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 6:23am On Oct 22, 2014
Front view... From my office window yesterday

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Denn(m): 8:12am On Oct 22, 2014
More pictures of the rust.

Oh Canada, oh canada
what seekest thou hereafter
In the tail of my yellow dragon
For I can see your bite marks
Whence it's evident you had a task
To consume an angel who only came to bask

Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 22, 2014
Mehn this is a nice looking truck, but it lost it's swag by you going for a commercial plate number.
When you know, that tis ur personal farm we talking about.
Re: Updated.. My 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Thread - "Truck Of The Yellow Sun" by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 22, 2014
Denn:
More pictures of the rust.

Oh Canada, oh canada
what seekest thou hereafter
In the tail of my yellow dragon
For I can see your bite marks
Whence it's evident you had a task
To consume an angel who only came to bask

Na the SUT inspire your artistic side nice one... Great looking car you can do better we need more interior shots Haba!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2007/08 Lexus GS 350 And 2008 Mercedes-benz C300 / Why Automobile Batteries Fail / 2009 Kia Rio/cerrato Or 2009 Toyota Yaris: Help In Deciding!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.