Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? (2164 Views)

Let The Bible Speak About Tithes And Tithe-paying / Is It A Must We Pay Offering And Tithe In The Church? / If You Are To Ask A Question About Offering And Tithe What Will It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by golor(m): 11:43am On Nov 09, 2014
Please between charity and tithe, which one is More better?for me i think is charity cause Jesus Christ speak more on charity,than tithe.charity can be done by the pagan and atheist but they wouldn't want to pay tithe.i can't just imagine my self going to winners, T.B Joshua and pastor Christ church to pay tithe oooo, when i know my way to a less privilege nor mother less baby home.why tithe is common to people who are involve in a certain religion for example the Christian, which i know very well that the pagan nor atheist will not go and give no matter what.the worst part of it is that in our today society,the churches hardly talk of charity and speak more of tithe. The few that do speak of it don't practice it bt leave it to the ordinary members to do it after paying there tithe....for me, i hv read the bible and find out that Jesus speak more of charity than tithe.pls learn to put smile on the man next to u,even if u will abandon the tithe just to do it.thanks and happy Sunday to all nairalander's.it ur boy GOLOR
Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 09, 2014
As far as you pay the tithe or give charity to the needy directly without giving to church, its okay by me.
Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by PastorKun(m): 11:47am On Nov 09, 2014
Charity is definitely far more important than the so called tithe. For starters God does not require tithes of Christian contrary to the fraudulent claims of some preachers. Tithes count for nothing but when you give to the poor, you are actually giving to God.
Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 09, 2014
charity is better. atleast I know I'm giving my hard earned money to something worth it! I'm helping others! all some pastors do is eat ur tithe and still ask u to pay for some silly programs like convention, choir festival etc. angry

PS: I would never give a hoot about tithes n offerings if not that God told us to pay tithes n offerings undecided
Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by PastorKun(m): 11:56am On Nov 09, 2014
EroticAngelina:
charity is better. atleast I know I'm giving my hard earned money to something worth it! I'm helping others! all some pastors do is eat ur tithe and still ask u to pay for some silly programs like convention, choir festival etc. angry

PS: I would never give a hoot about tithes n offerings if not that God told us to pay tithes n offerings undecided

God never asked christians to pay tithes, the modern tithe doctrine preached in churches today is derived from twisting scriptures applicable to old covenant jews and mis applying it to christians.

1 Like

Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
I once loved a woman named Charity. She wasn't tight.
Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by bennygreat1(m): 12:43pm On Nov 09, 2014
What so ever you do... To thy least of my brother... That you do unto me... (I do prefer to give arms to the poor).. When I was hungry you gave me to eat.. When I was tasty you gave me to drink....

Plsss..... Comlpete it for me...

1 Like

Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by okabe(m): 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
I'd say charity n my reason is quite simple...u can use ur tithe 4 charity but can't avoid lending a helping hand to anyone who needs it just cos u wanna pay tithe, dats just pure inhumanity
Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2014
But the God of men will beg to differ.
Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by pass111(m): 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
According to apostle James true religion means reaching out to the orphans widows, less privileged, I believe he meant it
Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
There is no such thing as more better. Pls arrange ur topic header

1 Like

Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by golor(m): 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2014
Bobbysworld28:
There is no such thing as more better. Pls arrange ur topic header

u can open a new one with the ryt sub-heading.online lecturers, wat u people do when a topic is bin posted,u only try to find fault instead of contributing to a topic.
Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
golor:

u can open a new one with the ryt sub-heading.online lecturers, wat u people do when a topic is bin posted is to find fault instead of contributing to a topic.

If u had half a brain u would know dt dt was a contribution

1 Like

Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by golor(m): 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

If u had half a brain u would know dt dt was a contribution

is that what u call contribution?bro pls check ur dictionary for the meaning of contribution.pls be responsible and stop insulting ur self.an advice
Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
golor:

is that what u call contribution?bro pls check ur dictionary for the meaning of contribution.pls be responsible and stop insulting ur self.an advice

Yes it is a contribution. There is no such thing as more better. Ur case is ignorance mixed with stubbornness

1 Like

Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by golor(m): 3:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

Yes it is a contribution. There is no such thing as more better. Ur case is ignorance mixed with stubbornness

learned mugu just take note now,there are difference between critic and contribution.critic means finding fault why contribution means adding value.im not surprise u are confusing the both for each other. The last time i check u are the first and only graduate in ur community that y u think u know everything.
Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by PastorKun(m): 3:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hypocrisy of modern tithe doctrine beautifully expressed. smiley

Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
golor:

learned mugu just take note now,there are difference between critic and contribution.critic means finding fault why contribution means adding value.im not surprise u are confusing the both for each other. The last time i check u are the first and only graduate in ur community that y u think u know everything.
Stop being childish and change the title. I was only helping u to cover ur mistake. Apparently, u like to dance naked in public. This is d last statement I hv regarding this issue.
Pride + ignorance = s.tupidity

1 Like

Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by golor(m): 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

Stop being childish and change the title. I was only helping u to cover ur mistake. Apparently, u like to dance naked in public. This is d last statement I hv regarding this issue.
Pride + ignorance = s.tupidity

please help me suggest a suitable one.bro but u funny ooo, now u re forming good boy.i wish u were polite in the first place i wouldn't hv respond the way i did.
Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2014
golor:

please help me suggest a suitable one.bro but u funny ooo, now u re forming good boy.i wish u were polite in the first place i wouldn't hv respond the way i did.

I wrote:

There is no such thing as more better. Pls arrange ur topic header.

How on God's green earth is the above impolite?
If u have issues, deal with it. Dont use transferred aggression on me.

Btw, Just remove 'more' and ur topic is alright

1 Like

Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by golor(m): 9:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
Bobbysworld28:

I wrote:

There is no such thing as more better. Pls arrange ur topic header.

How on God's green earth is the above impolite?
If u have issues, deal with it. Dont use transferred aggression on me.

Btw, Just remove 'more' and ur topic is alright
all correct sir.

1 Like

Re: Between Charity And Tithe,which One Is Better? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
golor:

all correct sir.

Good man. Have a wonderful night's rest

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Go To Church On Monday? / Evils of The Evolution Theory / The Damnable Heresy Of Chrislam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.