Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan (2685 Views)

Parallel Govt Allegation: Arewa Chair Coomassie, Ango Abdullahi Tackle Jonathan / Northern Elders Tackle Jonathan Over Silence On By Australian Negotior / 2015: APC Is Blinded By Desperation For Power – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by baseg25(m): 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
Leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) have adopted a two-point agenda with which they hope to prosecute the 2015 election and outwit the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Sources close to the party confirmed to the Sunday Tribune on Saturday that the party has discovered that the twin issues remain the most critical that could yield it public acceptance.
According to the sources, the issues the APC considered very critical to the 2015 election campaign include insurgency and corruption.
A source said that shortly before the extra-ordinary national convention of the party held in Abuja a fortnight ago, officials and strategists had advised the party that adopting the two-way agenda would ensure it defeats the PDP in the 2015 election.
“Strategists of the APC have arrived at the decision to consistently hammer on insecurity and corruption as the main issues that will then prevail,” a source said.
The source added that loads of issues are readily available that can sustain long debates in that line, adding that the PDP can hardly extricate itself from any of the two issues.
“The decision was actually taken at the highest level of the party. Everyone that will be making public comments are to make the two key issues the subject of their discussions.
“They are to take the party to the cleaners every time they have to raise issues about 2015. With that approach, the public will get alienated from the PDP and we can then pave the way for the APC.”
Also last week, a group of senators 0f the opposition party, APC, resolved to make a meal out of the scourge of insurgency that has bedeviled the country.
source : http://tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/21020-battle-for-2015-apc-adopts-2-way-strategy-to-tackle-jonathan
Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by Xavier9ja(m): 5:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
the poll shall decide #teamGEJ

3 Likes

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by Mogidi: 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
“Strategists of the APC have arrived at the decision to consistently hammer on [size=15pt]insecurity[/size] and corruption as the main issues that will then prevail,”

Real reason the APC love bokoharam is becoming clear. They create chaos and then tell the electorates they would be able to solve a problem they created. Genius!!!

7 Likes

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by OAUTemitayo: 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
If you PDP know clearly they were the one who created bokohara, why don't you compelle the FG controlled by your PDP to round them up and stop wasting lives of Nigerian
Mogidi:

Real reason the APC love bokoharam is becoming clear. They create chaos and then tell the electorates they would be able to solve a problem they created. Genius!!!

3 Likes

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by xcolanto(m): 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2014
How can APC be so sure of "insecurity" if they don't have a hold and hand in it? For all I know a ceasefire could be reached anytime soon. As for corruption, name one goverment through the history of Nigeria including the colonial rule era that was not corrupt? Apc should go and sit down and accept defeat come February 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by Mogidi: 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
OAUTemitayo:
If you PDP know clearly they were the one who created bokohara, why don't you compelle the FG controlled by your PDP to round them up and stop wasting lives of Nigerian

Can you imagine anyone arresting Buhari (a demigod amongst talakawas)?

How would you explain the intricacies of the rule of law to the Talakawas? To the Talakawas arresting Buhari is like declaring war on Muslims.
Am just hoping the principles of natural justice takes its course, same way Abacha met his demise.

3 Likes

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by OAUTemitayo: 5:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
So Buhari should continue killing people till he he dies? shocked shocked shocked
smh
Mogidi:

How would you explain the intricacies of the rule of law to the Talakawas? To the Talakawas arresting Buhari is like declaring war on Muslims.
Am just hoping the principle of natural justice takes its course, same way Abacha met his demise.

1 Like

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by baseg25(m): 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
OAUTemitayo:
So Buhari should continue killing people till he he dies? shocked shocked shocked
smh
you guyz are funny o

1 Like

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by Mogidi: 5:49pm On Nov 09, 2014
OAUTemitayo:
smh

Did you not see how the fed govt heaved a sigh of relief when Buhari allegedly escape boko haram? Be sure of civil war if anything happens to Buhari.
Its sad but true, Buhari is untouchable.

3 Likes

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by baseg25(m): 5:51pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mogidi:

Did you not see how the fed govt heaved a sigh of relief when Buhari allegedly escape boko haram? Be sure of civil war if anything happens to Buhari.
is that an attack or just an acting?

2 Likes

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by Mogidi: 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
baseg25:
is that an attack or just an acting?
I think he botched his own execution, I hope next time he uses real bullets.

3 Likes

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by donphilopus: 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2014
xcolanto:
How can APC be so sure of "insecurity" if they don't have a hold and hand in it? For all I know a ceasefire could be reached anytime soon. As for corruption, name one goverment through the history of Nigeria including the colonial rule era that was not corrupt? Apc should go and sit down and accept defeat come February 2015.

So, GEJ is trying to maintain the status quo on corruption?!

2 Likes

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by patrickmuf(m): 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mogidi:

Granted, so who created corruption?
Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by patrickmuf(m): 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
xcolanto:
So because others were corrupt, it must continue same way? Na wah for you oh!

1 Like

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by patrickmuf(m): 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mogidi:

Am just hoping the principles of natural justice takes its course, same way Abacha met his demise.
Are you implying that Buhari is above the law?
Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by xcolanto(m): 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
donphilopus:

So, GEJ is trying to maintain the status quo on corruption?!

Sadly that's your perception and opinion which your entitled to. If I may ask what is the status quo on corruption and how do you analyze what government in the history of Nigeria is most corrupt?
Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by Mogidi: 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
patrickmuf:
Granted, [size=13pt]so who created corruption?[/size]

Bros I forgot to add corruption was created in 2011, my bad.

2 Likes

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by Ovamboland(m): 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mogidi:

And this guy go school so o, kai!
Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by Mogidi: 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
patrickmuf:
Are you implying that Buhari is above the law?

If you want to plunge Nigeria into civil war then arrest Buhari. Good luck to you if you can explain jurisprudence to the talakawas.

2 Likes

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by baseg25(m): 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mogidi:

I think he botched his own execution, I hope next time he uses real bullets.
dnt mind him , hs justing trying to clear is name

3 Likes

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by Mogidi: 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ovamboland:

And this guy go school so o, kai!
Bros I go school o, I'd advice, you go as well, its not such a bad place like you think.

1 Like

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by xcolanto(m): 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
patrickmuf:
So because others were corrupt, it must continue same way? Na wah for you oh!

Am not in anyway encouraging corruption. My point is Apc's two points agenda is flawed as these things didn't start in GEJ goverment and may not end there. Afterall in the midst of the apc you can find individuals who are products of corruption and instigators of the nations insecurity.

2 Likes

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by donphilopus: 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
xcolanto:

Sadly that's your perception and opinion which your entitled to. If I may ask what is the status quo on corruption and how do you analyze what government in the history of Nigeria is most corrupt?

You're asking me what the status quo on corruption is when most present Nigerians believe that stealing is their right and the President shamefully admits that stealing is common, therefore, it's not corruption. So many corruption personified fellows roam around the streets of Nigeria, without harassment and you're asking me to tell you the government in the history is most corrupt?! Bros, you don fuckup!

If James Ibori had been in a good term with Jonathan, I believe he'd have also been in Nigeria campaigning for the 2nd term of GEJ. Alamieyeseigha comes to mind!

1 Like

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by donphilopus: 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
xcolanto:

Am not in anyway encouraging corruption. My point is Apc's two pointed agenda is flawed as these things didn't start in GEJ goverment and may not end there. Afterall in the midst of the apc you can find individuals who are products of corruption and instigators of the nations insecurity.

Bros, pls stop talking like an illiterate joor!

1 Like

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by OAUTemitayo: 6:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
so you mean the Commander in Chief of the armed forces, President Jonathan cannot do anything about the killings even when he knows who is behind it as you purportedly said?
Doesn't that mean he is not capable of protecting Nigerians?
Mogidi:

1 Like

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by xcolanto(m): 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
donphilopus:

You're asking me what the status quo on corruption is when [b][/b]most present Nigerians believe that stealing is their right and the President shamefully admits that stealing is common, therefore, it's not corruption. So many corruption personified fellows roam around the streets of Nigeria, without harassment [b][/b]and you're asking me to tell you the government in the history is most corrupt?! Bros, you don fuckup!

If James Ibori had been in a good term with Jonathan, I believe he'd have also been in Nigeria campaigning for the 2nd term of GEJ. Alamieyeseigha comes to mind!

Bro all what is highlighted here didn't just start when GEJ came into power, for sane minds to personalize this to his goverment is outright hypocrisy. Most times you guys are in a hurry to type that you hardly re-read your post. If most Nigerians are corrupt as you say, how is that GEJ fault? The government is a product of its people. What the apc can do to help is come up with ways and sanitizing programs to educate, inform and create awareness to the public on corruption related issues as well as insurgecy since they are well grounded and knowledgeble on these matters.

1 Like

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by baseg25(m): 6:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
donphilopus:

You're asking me what the status quo on corruption is when most present Nigerians believe that stealing is their right and the President shamefully admits that stealing is common, therefore, it's not corruption. So many corruption personified fellows roam around the streets of Nigeria, without harassment and you're asking me to tell you the government in the history is most corrupt?! Bros, you don fuckup!

You have a point joor.
Just imagine the case of Otunba Gbenga daniel in ogunstate, he sold all the 3 gateway hotels in ogunstate during is tenure and then he was a pdp member.
When he was in crises with Obasanjo cncerning the 2011 Governorship candidate he form a new party called PPN..
Then later move to labour party , buh immediately Olusegun mimiko defect to Pdp, Gbenga daniel also moves back to Pdp in the name of politics to bring down Apc in ogunstate.
Gbenga daniel that suppose shld be in Kirikiri is moving freely in nigeria nw.
Chai! , There is God o

1 Like

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by Jesusloveyou: 6:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mogidi:

they also tell gej and pdp to be corrupt.
Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by Mogidi: 6:31pm On Nov 09, 2014
OAUTemitayo:
so you mean the Commander in Chief of the armed forces, President Jonathan cannot do anything about the killings even when he knows who is behind it as you purportedly said?
Doesn't that mean he is not capable of protecting Nigerians?

Bros go and arrest Buhari yourself, give him my kind regards.

2 Likes

Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
[s]
Mogidi:

[/s]

What about corruption?
Re: Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan by xcolanto(m): 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2014
donphilopus:

Bros, pls stop talking like an illiterate joor!

You Shy away from facts using degrading words to come off as smart. What has illiteracy got to do with the bolded?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Gov Fayose Allegedly Bans Use Of Northern Educational Certificate / What Happens To TELE IKURU Dep Gov Rivers State / Tinubu's Henchman Destroys Ballot Box (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.