Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Phantom Auditor General’s Report And ‘n123billion Fraud’: In Defence Of My Name. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phantom Auditor General’s Report And ‘n123billion Fraud’: In Defence Of My Name. (446 Views)

NNPC Under Jonathan Failed To Remit N3.2trn, Says Auditor-general / Buhari's Budget Was Not Based On Zero Budgeting-Auditor General / Auditor General Queries N2.3rr Excess Crude Account Deductions- Nations Newspape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phantom Auditor General’s Report And ‘n123billion Fraud’: In Defence Of My Name. by Societyreporter(m): 10:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
My attention has been drawn to yet another attempt at character assassination against my person by means of false allegations in a report first published online in the Premium Times on September 15, 2014 and subsequently in some other Nigerian newspapers.

As on a previous occasion when I refused to join issues with the authors and publishers of similar false allegations and reports, I would ordinarily have chosen not to dignify the targeted hateful innuendoes in the misleading report entitled: “Auditor General’s Report Indicts Ex-Head of Service, Oronsaye, For N123 billion fraud” with any response, especially since the so-called audit report has been dismissed as a work of fiction. However, since my silence is capable of being misconstrued by the reading public, it has become necessary for me to set the records straight.

While it is not in my character to enumerate the successes I recorded in the different positions I have been privileged to hold, the records clearly attest to the fact that I did my best possible to reform the pension administration of the Service while I was Head of the Civil Service of the Federation between June 2009 and November 2010.

Therefore, it is quite curious that although “the audit report” was said to cover the period 2005 to 2010, the sponsors of the report only found it convenient to focus on the period in which I was in office and even in doing so, deliberately overlooked the period during which I and my team made efforts to address the problems associated with pension administration at the time.

The online report alleged that the “audit report” which the Office of the Auditor-General for the Federation has since disclaimed, found that the pension payroll was never subject to internal audit between June 2009 and December 2010; and that over N52 billion paid out as monthly pension was not presented for internal and federal audits for prepayment audit as required by Nigerian financial regulation (sic).

Read More Here: http://www.societyreportersng.com/index.php/news-and-reports/item/745-phantom-auditor-general-s-report-and-n123billion-fraud-in-defence-of-my-name

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Unveils N100 Commemorative Notes / Why Igboman Cannot Be President Of Nigeria- Ohaneze Ndigbo / PDP Will Destroy Nigeria -buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.