Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? (2718 Views)

His Ex Tricked Him To Pay Her Bride-Price / When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary / Help! My Wife’s Mother And Her Friend Are Having My Babies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by GoodlifeNigeria(m): 1:55am On Nov 10, 2014
This is a serious matter and I need matured comments and advice.

I am a man in my early forties. I used to date a lady then before I entered the university. She is not from my tribe, she's from another tribe. My parents (dad & mum) strongly opposed the relationship and told me never to ever marry her. I initially didn't understand what they were saying then until after sometime when I now discovered her evil character. But before I could realize her character, she had already gotten pregnant while we were dating and had a baby for me then before I entered the university. The relationship ended then and we went our separate ways. Pls note that I never married her, we only dated.

My child is now in my custody. My parents are aware of everything and supported me all through. My parents have warned me to stay away from her and never to bother myself about seeing her family or the lady because of the evil things she did to me then.

I don't love her anymore and there can NEVER be anything between the both of us anymore. I already have someone else and we love each other. I have completely moved on and she (the previous lady) has moved on too.

The question I need you people to advice me is this:
I am thinking of paying her salary every month into her account as a way to compensate her. Since it's NEVER possible to see her family as my parents and other family members strongly avised me against seeing them, I feel I should compensate her for the baby. But she is very rude even on the phone. I haven't told her I'm thinking of paying her monthly, I'm just watching her for now.

Do you think it's ok for me to be paying her monthly? Or do you think I should instead pay her a lump sum? Or do you think I should not even pay her anything at all? Or do you think that instead of paying her, I should pay that money to her family?

Pls I need your candid and matured advice. Pls for God's sake this is a serious matter, so no insults or immature comments pls. I purposely gave my age range for you to know I only need matured advice pls.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by kandiikane(m): 2:05am On Nov 10, 2014
So, she is not allowed to see her child?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by ibdeals1(m): 2:18am On Nov 10, 2014
Very deep..will comment later lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 10, 2014
I think you will get better answers if you say what you want to compensate her for.

Did she raise the child without your support until recently? When did the child come into your custody? Are you talking of something along the line of back child support (except that this is not court ordered and you're taking the initiative on your own)?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by GoodlifeNigeria(m): 3:18am On Nov 10, 2014
ileobatojo:
I think you will get better answers if you say what you want to compensate her for.

Did she raise the child without your support until recently? When did the child come into your custody? Are you talking of something along the line of back child support (except that this is not court ordered and you're taking the initiative on your own)?

No she never raised the child at all. The child has been in my custody from the onset, from infancy and I've been taking care of everything. I took care of everything and bills right from the day one of pregnancy to delivery to every other thing.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by Nobody: 3:36am On Nov 10, 2014
GoodlifeNigeria:

No she never raised the child at all. The child has been in my custody from the onset, from infancy and I've been taking care of everything. I took care of everything and bills right from the day one of pregnancy to delivery to every other thing.

That's very impressive. Kudos.

But there are still some questions. After all these years that have passed, why do you all of a sudden have the urge to compensate her? And what exactly are you compensating her for?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by GoodlifeNigeria(m): 4:22am On Nov 10, 2014
ileobatojo:

That's very impressive. Kudos.

But there are still some questions. After all these years that have passed, why do you all of a sudden have the urge to compensate her? And what exactly are you compensating her for?

For having the baby.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by mystiqueDZ(f): 5:09am On Nov 10, 2014
Are you trying to purge a guilty conscience for putting her in the family way and not marrying her?
Is she not able to take care of herself?

If you want to help because of the child between you two then teach her how to fish.....
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by helen4(f): 5:15am On Nov 10, 2014
Are u paying her off? Are u planning to keep the child away from her forever? I think u should hold on cos if u start paying her monthly or a lump sum, that's equivalent to zero. No matter how bad a mother is,( blood they say is thicker than water) one day she will reunite with her child. So, what will be the essence of the payment. Secondly, she might see this as an avenue to milk u i.e she will be the one to demand for what she want monthly once the idea hits her and she won't stop neither will u be able to stop her. Though i don't know her own side of the story, i wish its true sha o. What i know is, she will come for the child one day and u can't keep her away, am sure of this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by harrysterol(m): 5:21am On Nov 10, 2014
booked
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:53am On Nov 10, 2014
Will want to ask if you want to pay her cos of some inner guilt you feel, or maybe she is not financially okay wherever she is?

Or has your child been so wonderful and you feel thankful in a way that she bore him/her for you?

Or you still wish for an avenue to keep both of you communicating?

Did she influence your source of wealth in a positive way and u feel a sense of gratitude to her?

Many Questions here and there!!!

Since you said she has moved on, then I assume she must be married and with other kids?

Paying her monthly salary could cause trouble for her in her husband's house if he finds out. I suggest a one-off lump sum of money and get going.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by SirAweezy(m): 6:11am On Nov 10, 2014
Don't start what you'll regret later... You owe her nothing but that child with you, you can't deny the child of her mum forever.

If you feel you need to help her, good! But if not please don't stir-up another problem for yourself, she could be despirate and go diabolical if she knows your worth.

Please just stay quiet!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by gidjah(m): 6:27am On Nov 10, 2014
I SHALL give u these piece because of your age and d kind of way u asked for d advice. would love u to get in touch wit me via phone so we talk more on this.i hav bin in this case once and even still enmeshed till date.pls get tru to me would love us to talk more about this.too many immature people on this forum ,and would not love to hav them get acess to what i am about saying pls.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by MizEmpress(f): 6:39am On Nov 10, 2014
Since she isn't bothering you for any aid and you've been financially responsible from day one, I really see no reason why u shouldn't let sleeping dogs lie. If she's as vile as you claimed earlier, then you may expect more trash-talks the moment you start paying her monthly or after you give her the lump sum.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by vanitty: 7:41am On Nov 10, 2014
Just one question. Is she "allowed" to see her child?
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by idrisa334: 7:45am On Nov 10, 2014
vanitty:
Just one question. Is she "allowed" to see her child?

no
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 10, 2014
"My baby" is completely wrong.
Why refer to d baby as urs?

Is that how u hv been viewing d whole ish u now wanna pay her off so she stays clear off u and d baby?

One last thing, parents don't make marital choices for their wards this days and time.
Ur parent's hatred for d lady made u see all she does as bad. Something that would hv been neglected had it been an affair btw u and ur lady will be scrutinized and blown out of proportion cos parents hv already 'labelled her bad and wicked'.
That is how so many of us miss out on true love(who is ever perfect?) cos my parents said otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by jadelyn007(f): 9:04am On Nov 10, 2014
Its obvious you still love dis girl. U neva really moved on

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 10, 2014
Free her abeg
Send when she asks,
Being a babymama is not a job,

don't bring jealousy into your present relationship
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by kandiikane(m): 9:47am On Nov 10, 2014
GoodlifeNigeria:

C

so since the child was born, she has given you the baby and she just went about her own business? Be honest now.

I mean it is good you have been taking care of the child but I hope it was not where you left the girl and your family forced you to take the baby from her hence her hostility towards you. Plus, you are keep her away from her child. What you seem to want do right now is "buy" the child so she won't disturb you about it.

Unless, she has been a bad mother to the child, I don't see why you should keep her away from the child.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by Karleb(m): 9:56am On Nov 10, 2014
Hey!

You fuccked her, she fuccked you too.

You enjoyed it, she enjoyed it too.

You could have used CD, she could have drank Poistnor.

Now it all resulted to a kid which she is supposed to carry according to nature, which is not your fault.

So what do you wanna pay her for? Or is she thinking of paying you for being the father of her baby ni? undecided

Why do I think you sound weak for a 40-something year old man? undecided
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by ogawisdom(m): 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2014
GoodlifeNigeria:
This is a serious matter and I need matured comments and advice.

I am a man in my early forties. I used to date a lady then before I entered the university. She is not from my tribe, she's from another tribe. My parents (dad & mum) strongly opposed the relationship and told me never to ever marry her. I initially didn't understand what they were saying then until after sometime when I now discovered her evil character. But before I could realize her character, she had already gotten pregnant while we were dating and had a baby for me then before I entered the university. The relationship ended then and we went our separate ways. Pls note that I never married her, we only dated.

My child is now in my custody. My parents are aware of everything and supported me all through. My parents have warned me to stay away from her and never to bother myself about seeing her family or the lady because of the evil things she did to me then.

I don't love her anymore and there can NEVER be anything between the both of us anymore. I already have someone else and we love each other. I have completely moved on and she (the previous lady) has moved on too.

The question I need you people to advice me is this:
I am thinking of paying her salary every month into her account as a way to compensate her. Since it's NEVER possible to see her family as my parents and other family members strongly avised me against seeing them, I feel I should compensate her for the baby. But she is very rude even on the phone. I haven't told her I'm thinking of paying her monthly, I'm just watching her for now.

Do you think it's ok for me to be paying her monthly? Or do you think I should instead pay her a lump sum? Or do you think I should not even pay her anything at all? Or do you think that instead of paying her, I should pay that money to her family?

Pls I need your candid and matured advice. Pls for God's sake this is a serious matter, so no insults or immature comments pls. I purposely gave my age range for you to know I only need matured advice pls.

Thanks in anticipation.

D child is nt urs bc u didn't marry her. D child actually belong to d girl family until u do d needful culturally, dt doesn't mean u ll marry her oooo. They ie d girl n her parents can show up for d child in future if they want to. Also they probably dnt want to b associated wit d child bc of d cost of raisin d child so u can jst keep ur cool or go to their place to demand wat is required of u culturally to permanently own ur child. Giving her monthly salary doesnt change anything. She is d mother of dt child forever

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by chineloSA(f): 6:43pm On Nov 10, 2014
For what purpose?? smiley smiley
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by 1mindchrisr(f): 7:41pm On Nov 10, 2014
judging by d op post
his family want nothing to do with d said girl nor even her family for dt matter
i find it weird dt they took responsabilities frm delivery which means as soon as d baby was born d mother was separated frm d child.
n op u said u were still dating when she got pregnant
so such a short times to delivere d baby n shes declared unfit n evil?

i hope d girls family is not frm a poor family n yours is well maintained
coz dt where d problem start
if u hv taken hold of d baby frm d very first day n want nothing to do with her i hv a question bt mayb not our cultures are different
dt girls parents deserve respect
in most cultures dt how it done

but it yourlife live it fully conscience aplied or ignored ur choice

ogawisdom:

D child is nt urs bc u didn't marry her. D child actually belong to d girl family until u do d needful culturally, dt doesn't mean u ll marry her oooo. They ie d girl n her parents can show up for d child in future if they want to. Also they probably dnt want to b associated wit d child bc of d cost of raisin d child so u can jst keep ur cool or go to their place to demand wat is required of u culturally to permanently own ur child. Giving her monthly salary doesnt change anything. She is d mother of dt child forever
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by shizzleStar: 10:50pm On Nov 10, 2014
You are one hell of a lucky guy...

Its either the girl/her family are paupers OR

She is outrightly and hopelessly irresponsible OR

A combination of Both.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
I don't even understand what some ladies are saying here.@op, that woman altered her body for you, I think it's best you give her every support she needs because no body knows how much care you promised her during the relationship before she became pregnant . Please do unto her what you will like another man to do to your own sister . I don't know why any girl will agree to pass through the stress of pregnancy and childbirth for a man she is not yet married to.
My ex once begged me to give him just a baby since I was dragging my feet on accepting his proposal but I refused despite all his promises.
I can't go through that pain and stress of childbirth for any man other than my husband.
That pregnancy may have altered her body if she is not careful forever because it takes a lot to getback into shape after CHILDBIRTH . PLEASE BE GUILDED.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 10, 2014
I guess she cant even see her own child. Why are you still calling the "evil, rude woman" sef? undecided
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by Emaprince: 11:20pm On Nov 10, 2014
Why won't you let her see her child?..

Mr man..in this nigeria,if you marry another woman with the kid still in your custody,the new woman will torture the poor kid!..honestly,its better you hand over the kid to her mother..at this point,it'll be sensible if you send monthly salaries(as you called it) to her so she can take proper care of the kid too!..
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by blissonus: 11:51pm On Nov 10, 2014
This man is not forty something years,what nonsense? anyway you are even lucky that she's only rude to you!how can you take away a child from its mom,you and your family are wicked and evil and you will definitely get what is coming your way with full force! For the records I don't believe this your story,its not the complete truth,you twisted things to suit you! So u think by paying her off you will escape the karma that is about to hit you,Mr man you can't cheat nature.

1 Like

Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by GoodlifeNigeria(m): 1:29am On Nov 11, 2014
Well first of all I must thank all of you for your comments, suggestions and advice. I'm really grateful to you all for finding the time to contribute to the issue at stake.

I will find time and do my best to reply your questions as soon as I can. Thanks once again and God bless you all.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by GoodlifeNigeria(m): 1:49am On Nov 11, 2014
mystiqueDZ:
Are you trying to purge a guilty conscience for putting her in the family way and not marrying her?
Is she not able to take care of herself?

If you want to help because of the child between you two then teach her how to fish.....

Guilty conscience on my part? No. If there's anyone to feel guilty, she should be the one, due to what she did to me. But I let byegone be byegone. Just feel like helping her.
Re: Should I Pay Her Salary For Having My Baby? by GoodlifeNigeria(m): 2:08am On Nov 11, 2014
RoyalRoy:
Will want to ask if you want to pay her cos of some inner guilt you feel, or maybe she is not financially okay wherever she is?

Or has your child been so wonderful and you feel thankful in a way that she bore him/her for you?

Or you still wish for an avenue to keep both of you communicating?

Did she influence your source of wealth in a positive way and u feel a sense of gratitude to her?

Many Questions here and there!!!

Since you said she has moved on, then I assume she must be married and with other kids?

Paying her monthly salary could cause trouble for her in her husband's house if he finds out. I suggest a one-off lump sum of money and get going.

I said this before, no inner guilt on my part. I'm not looking for any avenue to keep communicating with her because I don't love her anymore, I'm in love with someone else and i've moved on.

To your question whether she influenced the source of my wealth, no and capital NO, she never influenced it. She never did. Infact she sought to run me down but she failed, so she should be the one feeling guilty.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Men/Women, How Do You Feel When Your Spouse Crushes on Another Lady/guy? / Guys!what To Look Out For Before Choosing Your Woman Btw This Two Type Of Ladies / What's Your View On Divorce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.