Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

B~R~E~A~K~I~N~G: Round 1 – Aregbesola’s Lawyer Demobilizes Omisore’s Legal Team - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / B~R~E~A~K~I~N~G: Round 1 – Aregbesola’s Lawyer Demobilizes Omisore’s Legal Team (1012 Views)

Saraki’s Legal Team Denies Walking Out On Tribunal / Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / Governors Assemble Legal Team To Challenge Sovereign Wealth Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

B~R~E~A~K~I~N~G: Round 1 – Aregbesola’s Lawyer Demobilizes Omisore’s Legal Team by Johnnyessence(m): 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2014
Osun Governorship Election Tribunal 2014
In a bid to ambush the legal team of Ogbeni Rauf
Aregbesola whose victory of August 9 governorship
election was being challenged by the governorship
candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on
the tendering of exhibit in bundles with a view to
evading time constrain, Mr. Iyiola Omisore’s
lawyer, Mr. Alex Izeyion formulated schedule of
tender to the court, arguing that he intended to
tender certified copies and the duplicate copies of
the agents from selected polling units from the bar.
However, Aregbesola’s lawyer, Chief Akin Olujinmi
demobilized Omisore’s lawyer’s argument when
objected to tendering duplicate copies of the polling
agents from the bar, arguing that it could only be
tendered through witnesses, a position that was
shared by APC and INEC lawyer, Chief Rotimi
Akeredolu and Ayotunde Ogunleye respectively.
However, Izeyion rose in defence of his earlier
position, arguing that whether certified copies or
duplicate, documents are tenderable if they are
admissible. But Judges then ruled that
Aregbesola’s lawyer was right, and that the court
agreed that the duplicate copies be tendered
through witnesses.
On the sideline, Aregbesola’s legal team faulted the
electoral documents to be tendered by Omisore’s
lawyer when Olujinmi pointed out that failure of the
petitioner’s team to cross check with the
correspondents’ team has bungled the submission.
GOKE Butika. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=767620889941613&id=130935336943508&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6080101966213544744%3Amf_story_key.7748954053651935454&__tn__=%2As
Re: B~R~E~A~K~I~N~G: Round 1 – Aregbesola’s Lawyer Demobilizes Omisore’s Legal Team by loopman: 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2014
Legal technicalities grin grin cheesy
Re: B~R~E~A~K~I~N~G: Round 1 – Aregbesola’s Lawyer Demobilizes Omisore’s Legal Team by morefire: 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
lol
Re: B~R~E~A~K~I~N~G: Round 1 – Aregbesola’s Lawyer Demobilizes Omisore’s Legal Team by Walelavender(m): 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
Where is the 'demobilization' here and what makes this news 'breaking'?
Re: B~R~E~A~K~I~N~G: Round 1 – Aregbesola’s Lawyer Demobilizes Omisore’s Legal Team by Ayed44: 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2014
So what is the breaking news here? It is a pity that our dear nairaland has turned to a big joke.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

No Nigerian In His Right Senses Will Vote Jonathan Back To Power —buhari / N21 Billion Causes Confusion Over Jonathan’s Campaign Committee Inauguration / Buhari's Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.