Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,045 members, 7,849,220 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:29 PM

Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? (91010 Views)

Court Sends Adamawa Ex-commissioner To 10 Years In Prison For Embezzlement / Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried / Throwback Photo Of Fela Kuti Wearing Pant To Play Table Tennis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
ayindejimmy:
but 'stealing is not corruption' Gej shuld? Nobody is calling Buhari a saint. So whatever dirt u fellas are able to dig up abt him wil be highly understandable. We aint luking an angel as President, jus some1 who wil apparently be in charge. Pronto!

Then look for someone that has what it takes.
We dont need a tyrant.
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
driand:
idiot, fool...
Hahahahaha.
Did step on your toes or what?
Please, calm down dear. Take it easy oo. Dont do anything irrational.
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
Olufemiolaolu:
Buhari isnt a saint & Gej isnt an angel too now. Everybody makes mistake. If gej were 2 be a military regime, he wud do worse. Bringing d past 2 distort d future is senseless n meaningless. its still on record dat under buhari military regime Nigerians were more disciplined

We are not bringing the past to distort the future.
We are bringing the past to position the future.

After all, is it the reason of the past that Buhari s being forced down our throats?
Those of us who knew what happened are under the obligation to set the records straight.
Nigerians were not disciplined, they were only scared of death, becuase Buhari loved to kill.
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
haryhorku:
them among the present presidential aspirants, who should sit on the seat come 2015? Jonathan? Atiku? Kwakwanso? Buhari? Okorocha?

JONATHAN!
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by ayindejimmy(m): 10:41am On Nov 13, 2014
noblezone:

Then look for someone that has what it takes.
We dont need a tyrant.
while I'm looking. .what will you be doing?
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
ayindejimmy:

Campaigning for Jonathan of course.
If you come up with a better candidate before the elections fine.
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by ojodombe(m): 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
Acidosis:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari

Can anyone get me valid answers pls?

Mr. Seun, front page please... I need this info for an on-going research. Thank you my able mentor. smiley

GMB is a disciplinarian and dt iz wht 9ja needs to reach d promised land.
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by honeric01(m): 3:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
ayindejimmy:

It's easy to.spot those who want the norm to continue, bro take out time to do your own research on those claiming to be the best..

I have done my research and I am 100% certain that Buhari is better than those they are forcing down our throat be it on papers, tv or the radio.

Do your own research!
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Olaolufred(m): 3:40pm On Nov 13, 2014
noblezone:

We are not bringing the past to distort the future.
We are bringing the past to position the future.

After all, is it the reason of the past that Buhari s being forced down our throats?
Those of us who knew what happened are under the obligation to set the records straight.
Nigerians were not disciplined, they were only scared of death, becuase Buhari loved to kill.

IN REALITY, IT IS THE PARTY IN POWER SINCE 1999 THAT HAS BEEN FORCING ITSELF DOWN NIGERIAN'S THROATS.

I AM VOTING FOR BUHARI. JUST IN ALL SINCERITY VOTE FOR WHO YOU WANT.

IF THEY ALLOW OUR VOTES TO COUNT, THE WINNERS WILL EMERGE WITH PEOPLE KNOWING IT IS THEIR RESULT.
[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by KelvinGraphics(m): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
TrishaP:
Fela was truly a legend.
Hey TrishaP
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by honeric01(m): 3:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
Olaolufred:

IN REALITY, IT IS THE PARTY IN POWER SINCE 1999 THAT HAS BEEN FORCING ITSELF DOWN NIGERIAN'S THROATS.

I AM VOTING FOR BUHARI. JUST IN ALL SINCERITY VOTE FOR WHO YOU WANT.

IF THEY ALLOW OUR VOTES TO COUNT, THE WINNERS WILL EMERGE WITH PEOPLE KNOWING IT IS THEIR RESULT.
[b][/b]

They keep using threat and fear factors to pressure people into voting for their puppet who in turn allow the status quo to remain..

As long as PDP and Jonathan remain, nothing new is going to happen in this country.

You can't keep doing the same things over and over again, yet expecting different results. only fools do that..
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Acidosis(m): 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
ojodombe:

GMB is a disciplinarian and dt iz wht 9ja needs to reach d promised land.
Oshiomole is a stronger disciplinarian and Edo touts have increased exponentially.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by adisarasaq(m): 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2014
kilokeys:
hehehe.. with femi kuti, afrikaan shrine and fans in diaspora... buhari's situation just got worse..

how d guy wan pay im bank loan wey im use buy form na?

chai... see bad belle op

you make no sense
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by honeric01(m): 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
Acidosis:

Oshiomole is a [b]stronger disciplinarian [/b]and Edo touts have increased exponentially.

Seriously? shocked shocked shocked

All these your twisting twisting for what exactly?
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by TrishaP(f): 6:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
KelvinGraphics:

Hey TrishaP
Wsup my alobam?
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by KelvinGraphics(m): 6:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
TrishaP:

Wsup my alobam?
My dear i dey o.
Hw U dey na? Its been a while o.
Biko come give me hug and kiss first kiss
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by TrishaP(f): 6:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
KelvinGraphics:

My dear i dey o.
Hw U dey na? Its been a while o.
Biko come give me hug and kiss first kiss
# XOXO, take it#
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by KelvinGraphics(m): 6:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
TrishaP:

# XOXO, take it#
Aww.
Thank U.
Xo where have U been??

BTW. My bro naijaboiy is contesting 4 Mr. NL please i would want U to endorse and support him hun.
Biko, he really needs ur vote dear..
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by chamboy(m): 6:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
Funny enough, If Baba70 still dey alive na BUHARI him go vote for.... even Mr Femi would vote for buhari
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by TrishaP(f): 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
KelvinGraphics:

Aww.
Thank U.
Xo where have U been??

BTW. My bro naijaboiy is contesting 4 Mr. NL please i would want U to endorse and support him hun.
Biko, he really needs ur vote dear..
Done
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by KelvinGraphics(m): 7:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
TrishaP:

Done
Thanks hunkiss

Xup with NYSC na? And its been long i saw Ashabie here. Heard 4rm her?
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Anglovel: 7:56am On Nov 14, 2014
[quote author=noblezone post=27895292]Buhari was tyranny personified!

An over ambitious soldier who who led fellow rascals to destroy destinies!

Nigerians are hoodwinked that jailing people is the same as fighting corruption!

Buhari shed innocent blood just for the fun of it!

We must do what we have to do: Buhari must not smell that sit again! Yes oooNigerians do d Needful.....

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by FRANKOXY(m): 5:41am On Jun 03, 2015
FELLA IS A POLITICAL CRITIQUE.
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Ifeanyi4491(m): 11:34am On Apr 02, 2018
noblezone:
Buhari was tyranny personified!

An over ambitious soldier who who led fellow rascals to destroy destinies!

Nigerians are hoodwinked that jailing people is the same as fighting corruption!

Buhari shed innocent blood just for the fun of it!

We must do what we have to do: Buhari must not smell that sit again!
Exactly what we are facing now
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Awoofawo(m): 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2018
When General Muhammadu Buhari came to power, there was wide corruption in the Second Republic. A decree was passed that nobody take out or bring in foreign currency into the country. Offenders are liable to 10years in Jail. This decree was to curb money laundering by politicians and corrupt businessmen.

FELA KUTI
Fela had performed abroad, he was paid in foreign currency in cash and had it on him on his return to Lagos. He was subsequently arrested for breaking the law and was prosecuted, found guilty and jailed.

PLEA:
There was a plea by human right groups to Head of State Buhari to "pardon" Fela, he refused because he believe that the law be served to the letter.

THE OFFENSE, GMB AND FELA:
First, there was an existing law/decree.

Secondly, Fela bringing in cash means it contradicts the law/decree, however, the money is from hard work.
Morally, he's justified! Legally, he is not.

Buhari had refused to grant pardon, because the law was broken. If he grants pardon, some section of politicians will accuse him of preferential treatment. He didn't because he believes in absolute discipline.
By law, he is justified. Morally, he is not, considering that it was Fela's sweat(my opinion). The law does not work with emotion unfortunately.

MY OPINION:
GMB should have pardoned Fela. The law should have made for exception. Buhari should have tampered justice with mercy

Sultan was allowed to bring suitcase full of dollar around the same time..........Buhari is die-hard bigot and sectional leader! angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Horus(m): 9:41am On Sep 12, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPoagdOULfU

Muhammad Buhari jailed Fela, Ajasin and Onabanjo
Re: Why Did Buhari Sentence Fela Kuti To 10 Years In Prison? by Just2endowed2(m): 9:54am On Sep 12, 2018
Awoofawo:

Sultan was allowed to bring suitcase full of dollar around the same time..........Buhari is die-hard bigot and sectional leader! angry angry angry angry

before nko.....nepotism and bigotry is his making

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

DSS Operatives Produce IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu In Court / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / Ekweremadu’s Daughter Needed A Kidney, He Brought In A 15-year-old Boy Illegally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.