Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

How To Get A Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Get A Husband (1238 Views)

What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / "My Wife Wears Sexy Dresses..but Wouldn't Let Me Touch Her" A Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get A Husband by Adesiji77: 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
There are many single women on the racks these days. Some have had their cakes and eaten it all or perhaps given it away for free to ‘bad’ boys. A few are now cynical, malicious and aggressive women with hearts of stone.

So, how do you end up in love with a man who cares and loves you? When should you sort out marriage, if that is what you want?

In medical school, we had some ‘lovey dovey’ couples who stayed true to their partners and have ended up with a life of sheer bliss. You meet the best partners in childhood, in school and the university. They are often people who know you when you were stripped down to the bare essentials: un-layered and your true self. They are people who were there right in your formative years, who know who you are, what you are about, where you have been and where you are going.

The pictures taken during the years in the university are often funny, with dated hairstyles and outrageous clothes, at least on the boys. The girls make more of an effort when it comes to fashion in the university. So, if a girl fancies you, it is likely she can see more than just skin deep.

I met my wife on the corridor of the halls of residence, on a clear starry night. She was pleasant and easy to talk to: after all, talk is cheap. I was bowled over by her beauty and told her. She surprised me by saying she found me attractive too! Really! No coyness, fake and silly behaviour? Seriously! No pretence? I had no choice but to marry her.

It was a similar story with my friend, Isaac. The love of his life was a woman who had no facades, no false teeth or fake eyelashes! Both were far too real, natural and down to earth to ignore.

Okay, some dose of reality is needed here. Some people meet in the university and get married. Some people meet after university and do the same. Some other people meet in university and things fall apart. So, sometimes it may be luck or being at the right place, at the right time. But, perhaps you can make efforts and the right choices?

When should you get a husband?

This article was prompted by a book written by Susan Patton, entitled Marry Smart. Susan, an American, was a Princeton graduate who wrote that young girls should look for a husband with the same vigour as they study for degrees. She posited that the best time to get a soul mate was when they were at their brightest, most beautiful and fertile.

Anyway, to get a husband requires an early search. Start in the university and be serious. But, you need to know who you are and what your personal values are. Also, know your family orientation towards marriage, your personal religion (not your family religion), your sexual orientation and what kind of man you desire.

What influences choice in Nigeria?

Religion has a big role to play in many families. In Islam, marriage is not compulsory and a woman has the right to live a single life if she wishes to. However, try that in some parts of Nigeria! In any case, a young girl is often already married off or betrothed to a man before she can say ‘Abracadabra.’ And since a man can marry more than one, choosing the man of your dreams, just for you, is perhaps a tall order. You may have to manage a ‘Tokunbo (has been)’.

Family influences

The family also plays a strong role in curbing your urge to settle down early and for good reasons too. Not many can juggle education, work and married life at a young age. Couple this with the pressure to have children, lack of understanding of family planning, things soon fall apart. More often than not, with a child on the way, work and education suffer and dreams become unrealised. Thus, many traditional families will steer their young girl away from marriage.

Men, like sweet

You should see men like a box of sweets. Some men are sweet inside out, some are sweet only on the outside with a sour interior and some are terrible all through. Some are soft on the outside with a tough interior, some have a hard case but are jelly on the inside, and some are hard nuts, difficult to crack and perhaps best avoided.

Brand yourself

When you find the right man, be yourself and promote your personal brand. Show him the future with you. Don’t be an easy lay but dance slowly towards intimacy. Maintain strict privacy about your sex life. If he cannot appreciate you, unspoilt, at your sweetest and most fertile, then perhaps he is not for you. Do not try to change him!

Susan says, “Avoid love cheats. If he cheats with you, he will cheat on you. Bad boys can be fun to fool around with, and women do have needs, but stay away from these pigs for the sake of a little sausage.” Quit wasting time with hopeless men.

Happy New You!

Dr. Biodun Ogungbo

Punch

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Get A Husband by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
Lol. Serious matter
Re: How To Get A Husband by Harmvirus(f): 11:01pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hmm..interesting
Re: How To Get A Husband by HARDDON: 11:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
how many gurls think about marriage during Undergrad years?

are they done sampling the the latest joint's Shawama? or drilling in pizza?
have they had fast food assorted rice to their filled or downed all sorts of hard liquor? all of these ofcos for free or they pay in kind.

are they done visiting all night clubs displaying all them sensitive flesh while they shake it like is hawt?

are they done growing tommy and spare-parts by the sides from osho free? are they done getting laid for the fun of it, all in the name of enjoying their youth b4 a guy come hook them down for marriage?
the average gurl dont think about marriage till after school. if they ever have any thing with any guy, it mos def dies off after sch, or during camp.....then the tru search begin for most.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Husband by ernie4life(m): 5:24am On Nov 11, 2014
marriage is over rated, life is not black and white u can package your self well start from university and start searching and still u end up in the wrong place. many couple who met at the university and the relationship ended up in marriage never had marriage in mind when the started. truth be told I think it's best to be yourself at all times what will be will be. to the young ladies instead of having a mind set of looking fir a husband while in university why not concentrate on your studies be true to your self, be honest and stand for what is right, live a decent life I bet you husband that deserves you will come.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get A Husband by freecocoa(f): 6:00am On Nov 11, 2014
Is marriage ticket to "heaven" Abegi!!

Any small thing the next word na 'marriage'

How will a girl have a mind to be/make something of herself if she can't go through school without having to search for a husband like her existence depends on it, mschew.

3 Likes

Re: How To Get A Husband by haftob(m): 7:52am On Nov 11, 2014
Point of correction; Marriage is compulsory in Islam because it constitutes half of one's religious obligation.
Re: How To Get A Husband by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 11, 2014
freecocoa:

How will a girl have a mind to be/make something of herself if she can't go through school without having to search for a husband like her existence depends on it, mschew.
+1 like. When I don build my mansion, I go come marry you walahi cheesy
Re: How To Get A Husband by Kanwulia: 9:15am On Nov 11, 2014
Very easy to get a husband.
Keeping one is the problem. cheesy
After marriage, MOST MEN become ALBATROSSES, "GUANTANAMO GAYS" or at best . . . . "CROSSES OF CALVARY"!!!! grin
Re: How To Get A Husband by freecocoa(f): 9:16am On Nov 11, 2014
2sexi:
+1 like. When I don build my mansion, I go come marry you walahi cheesy
No wahala, I dey wait cheesy.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Husband by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 11, 2014
Kanwulia:
After marriage, MOST MEN become ALBATROSSES, "GUANTANAMO GAYS" or at best . . . . "CROSSES OF CALVARY"!!!! grin

Now, that got me cracking. cheesy
Re: How To Get A Husband by bukatyne(f): 10:24am On Nov 11, 2014
Interesting article

Finding your love in the university/when young is very sweet. it is less work and no 'this is how we do things' because you both are growing.

Men, like sweet

You should see men like a box of sweets. Some men are sweet inside out, some are sweet only on the outside with a sour interior and some are terrible all through. Some are soft on the outside with a tough interior, some have a hard case but are jelly on the inside, and some are hard nuts, difficult to crack and perhaps best avoided.

@bold, very true
Re: How To Get A Husband by bukatyne(f): 10:25am On Nov 11, 2014
Kanwulia:

Why it is so, I am yet to decipher angry

I will say some though grin
Re: How To Get A Husband by Kanwulia: 10:31am On Nov 11, 2014
bukatyne:

Why it is so, I am yet to decipher angry

I will say some though grin

Na so una "GOD" make am o. . . .

To quote PROPHET BOB MARLEY "sing" . . . .

Man was made to SUFFER. . . .
AND WOMAN WAS MADE TO. . .. FEEL. . . .THE. . . .PAIN. . .! cheesy
Re: How To Get A Husband by bukatyne(f): 10:50am On Nov 11, 2014
Kanwulia:

Na so una "GOD" make am o. . . .

To quote PROPHET BOB MARLEY "sing" . . . .

Man was made to SUFFER. . . .
AND WOMAN WAS MADE TO. . .. FEEL. . . .THE. . . .PAIN. . .! cheesy

LOL @ Bob Marley
Re: How To Get A Husband by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2014

Family influences
The family also plays a strong role in curbing your urge to settle down early and for good reasons too. Not many can juggle education, work and married life at a young age. Couple this with the pressure to have children, lack of understanding of family planning, things soon fall apart. More often than not, with a child on the way, work and education suffer and dreams become unrealised. Thus, many traditional families will steer their young girl away from marriage.
like my mum did
She wanted me to have a degree first before talking about marriage
She'd tell me "you're very much young, my child, why the rush?"
I lost a good man cuz I thought I was too young to get married
Now, she wants me to bring a man home but I'm not ready keh
Na so so fight every weekend if I carry my gele go wedding ceremony grin
Re: How To Get A Husband by Adesiji77: 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mizchief:
like my mum did
She wanted me to have a degree first before talking about marriage
She'd tell me "you're very much young, my child, why the rush?"
I lost a good man cuz I thought I was too young to get married
Now, she wants me to bring a man home but I'm not ready keh
Na so so fight every weekend if I carry my gele go wedding ceremony grin

grin
Re: How To Get A Husband by trendiitee(f): 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
freecocoa:

my dear I tire ooo. the way pple turned marriage into a sort of achievement for a lady makes me wonder. u can imagine asking sum1 wat has been Her achievements and she replied "I'm tru wit my 1st degree and I'm married"
dey want us to b independent yet dey re clamouring marriage. it is well oooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

see what a toddler is doing(photo) / I'm Far Over 20 And I Can't Kill A Chicken / How Many People Can Remember This Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.