Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month (1254 Views)

Mother Buys Ford Mustang For Her Son For His 21st Birthday (Photos) / Photo Of A Pretty Young Mother And Her Son Which Has Gone Viral . / Mother Blasted For Posing Unclad With Her Son [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by dowsonjack: 6:45am On Jul 17, 2015
Please she needs help on how to handle this, she got a new maid just last month. The girl is perfect in terms of discharging her duty and she also compensate her by motivating her financially, gift and a lot of compliments. Also, the maid and the boy,2 years and 7months old are already a very good friend. The problem now is that, the maid only speaks pidgin English and the boy is already doing same which she doesn't like at all after spending so much on school. She needs help on what to do.
Candid advise is welcome. Thanks
Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by winetapper: 6:51am On Jul 17, 2015
Fear not he needs to be versatile... Let him learn both and know when to use them... Explain to the kids the difference..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by kilokeys(m): 6:59am On Jul 17, 2015
Hahaha
Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by kliq(m): 7:02am On Jul 17, 2015
Maid made in Warri cheesy....guess the maid spend more time with the boy as Madam is damn too busy with work undecided

1 Like

Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by ephemm(m): 7:05am On Jul 17, 2015
It doesn't really matter if the kid learns pidgin.

He could understand both and still be able to differentiate.

I grew up (age 1 - 10) in Warri, then Bendel State and that's what everyone speak, but it never affected me.

U can also be a positive influence to the maid's English, don't speak pidgin with the maid and try to make her learn and speak simple and correct English in the house.

5 Likes

Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by Humblesam(m): 7:10am On Jul 17, 2015
Simply change the maid way of speaking by always teaching her how to put or construct simple and correct English and your child will adapt automatically......that's just my experience.

1 Like

Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by femiranking28(m): 7:16am On Jul 17, 2015
So you refused to send your maid to school...
Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by SAMBARRY: 7:19am On Jul 17, 2015
And what's wrong with that undecided

that's an added advantage. Someone speaks pidgin to him you speak English, lobatan

btw is pidgin not a nigerian language. Just guide him on where to speak pidgin.
Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by NeduLuiZ(m): 7:22am On Jul 17, 2015
Case of ushbebe and denzel grin
Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by wealthmission: 7:33am On Jul 17, 2015
Lol correct made in warri maid.... She must have been one of the writers of the pidgin bible... Lol
Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by 1miccza: 7:37am On Jul 17, 2015
She should speak good english to the son,correct the maid and guide the son on where and when to speak and use pidgin english
Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by OmniSparrow: 7:42am On Jul 17, 2015
Schooling your maid and teaching her english should thus be a priority.
Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by BundlesOfJoy: 7:58am On Jul 17, 2015
I wish I could speak pidgin... undecided

1 Like

Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by DrObum(m): 10:17am On Jul 17, 2015
You suppose give the maid extra allowance for teaching your son pidgin!

Ability to speak pidgin is the first step to acquiring 'street sense', except you don't want your son to have that.

3 Likes

Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by Brugo(m): 10:59am On Jul 17, 2015
NeduLuiZ:
Case of ushbebe and denzel grin

cheesy I can never forget that episode where I heard "your father lap" for the first time.

Pidgin is not bad joor.

1 Like

Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by Kazrem(m): 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
That is one of the disadvantages of having maid.
Two things you can do: 1. Employ a teacher that will teach her basics of good English or 2. Let her learn good English from you when speaking with your child.
Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by Kazrem(m): 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
Two things you can do: 1. Employ a teacher that will teach her basics of good English or 2. Let her learn good English from you when speaking with your child.
Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by bennyrazz: 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
my advice if these trend continues, your child might not even know how to speak or write proper English again. So the point, the maid should act dump around the child, but that is a little bit impossible so you should ban her from speaking pidgin, enroll her in a school or something, with time she will catch up. Make sure you converse with her using only English, her replies must be only English and always correct her if she makes mistakes. That's all

1 Like

Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by Pidggin(f): 4:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
SAMBARRY:
And what's wrong with that undecided

that's an added advantage. Someone speaks pidgin to him you speak English, lobatan

btw is pidgin not a nigerian language. Just guide him on where to speak pidgin.

I thought some Nigerians speak pidgin, okay maybe it is now a foreign language, I will tell my Niger-Delta friends this goodnews

1 Like

Re: New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month by Tashaamania(f): 7:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
Send your maid to school

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Killing :yes Or No / RECORD BREAKER! Man Impregnates His 13 Wives At The Same Time (photo) / At 26, Is It Right Or Wrong To Still Live With One's Parent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.