Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

5 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog (855 Views)

8 Major Factors To Consider When Purchasing A Domain Name / Factors To Consider When Choosing A Host Service Provider. / Things to note before starting bulk SMS Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog by edikaniu(m): 11:44pm On Nov 10, 2014
Do you intend to start a blog, check out this article in order to decide on what to do. Thank me later.

Blogging has become a trend in the Internet market today. Everybody wants to own a blog - whether it is personal or for professional use. Not all blogs gain the same traffic as others, most times this is as a result of lack of purpose while others is lack of focus.
How do you create a successful blog?

Before you start a blog, there are certain things you have to know and get yourself acquainted with. In this article, I am going to explain five (5) things you have to consider before starting a blog.

1. Why Do You Want to Blog?
This is a very important question you should ask yourself before starting a blog. What is your purpose for blogging? There should be a good reason for you to start up a blog.
Perhaps you are a stay-at-home mom with humorous experience, and you want to share your experience with your audience - not to mention great tips about things to do with the kids and a number of worthy experience to share. You may be a professional writer who wants his/her voice to be heard.
Some blog for the income it generates in order to augument their source of income.
Starting a blog is a great idea as long as you have a genuine reason for blogging.

Ask yourself this question, make sure you get a reasonable answer. The reason will to some extent serve as a driving force to stay focus and be successful.

NOTE

You should not start a blog with the sole aim of making money.
Do not plan to get famous immediately, it is a gradual process.
Not all traffic are genuine, a large traffic does not come overnight.

Source http://www.aidwealth.com/2014/11/5-things-to-consider-before-starting.html
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog by Texykool: 11:56pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ok

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog by edikaniu(m): 12:03am On Nov 11, 2014
2. What Do You Want to Blog About?
This is called niche/voice. There are millions of bloggers all over the world blogging on different topics hence, when you choose a particular niche, not only do you need to let your personality be your guide, but you also have to let your blog’s topic/content shine like a diamond in the rough.
Stand out, be unique but also understand your audience and write for them.

3. Choose the Right Blogging Platform
There are numerous blogging platform from which you can make your choice, but before you make your decision, carry out some research to know which is better for your chosen niche.
Here are some of the available and popular platforms for blogging:

Blogger
WordPress
Tumblr

Although there are other blogging platform, the above listed are the most common and popular of them all.

Source http://www.aidwealth.com/2014/11/5-things-to-consider-before-starting.html
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog by edikaniu(m): 12:07am On Nov 11, 2014
Texykool:
Ok

Blogging is a very great online business opportunity. Why must people do not make a great gain out of it is because they started out with the wrong mindset.

You can read more about business opportunities, ideas and tips in Nigeria @ www.aidwealth.com
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog by edikaniu(m): 12:10am On Nov 11, 2014
4. Content is KING!
This is where most bloggers get it all wrong. Having a blog with great content should be the aim of any blogger. This is because the traffic to any blog increases with the number of original content in the blog's database.
Blogging, building an audience of loyal readers, and gaining engagement takes time, write as often and as consistently as possible at least 2-3 times a week. The more original and useful post/articles your blog gets, the more search engine optimized your blog will be.
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog by Nobody: 3:02am On Nov 11, 2014
k

1 Like

Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog by edikaniu(m): 4:47am On Nov 11, 2014
Blogging can be a very profitable business especially if you are blogging for the money and can as well be so frustrating if you started wrongly. Hence, be careful before you start.
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog by olicgad: 11:00am On Nov 11, 2014
10 Questions to Ask while choosing a web host
http://sugaonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog by edikaniu(m): 7:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
Web hosting is a very important thing to consider. Sometimes people find it hard to choose a very good web hosting package. Please if you have a good knowledge in this regards, you can help out. Lots of questions are coming in to my inbox with respect to that. THANKS.
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog by zarmani: 8:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
Thank you. This is a good post on questions to ask yourself when you want to start blogging. I asked myself the same questions too before I started blogging, and from the start I determined, I was just going to blog as a form of self-expression, and I never want readers to be distracted by ads on my site. For example I share useful info on things like "What is GTBank iRefer Offer and how can you make money from it?" | http://seun.com.ng/2014/10/gtbank-irefer-offer/
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog by zarmani: 8:36pm On Nov 11, 2014
Yes I have some useful knowledge, edikaniu, what would they like to know? Perhaps it may be something I know.
edikaniu:
Web hosting is a very important thing to consider. Sometimes people find it hard to choose a very good web hosting package. Please if you have a good knowledge in this regards, you can help out. Lots of questions are coming in to my inbox with respect to that. THANKS.
Re: 5 Things To Consider Before Starting A Blog by edikaniu(m): 2:16am On Nov 12, 2014
zarmani:
Thank you. This is a good post on questions to ask yourself when you want to start blogging. I asked myself the same questions too before I started blogging, and from the start I determined, I was just going to blog as a form of self-expression, and I never want readers to be distracted by ads on my site. For example I share useful info on things like "What is GTBank iRefer Offer and how can you make money from it?" | http://seun.com.ng/2014/10/gtbank-irefer-offer/

Blogging has become an interesting and inspiring part of me now. I am someone who loves to share my knowledge with others. I am an entrepreneur, with experience. I went into blogging to share my knowledge with Nigerians who want to go into business.

www.aidwealth.com.

Blogging is quite interesting especially when you are focused.

What do you say??

(1) (Reply)

Suggest The Best Theme For A School Website / The Federal Government’s New Android App Has Me Wondering How Much Was Spent To / Why Not To Move To Using "Modern" Forums For Nairaland Forum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.