Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

A Beggar Rejected My Money - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Beggar Rejected My Money (805 Views)

Encounter With Beggar At Bus Park (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Beggar Rejected My Money by fixa(m): 2:36pm On Nov 11, 2014
Coming out of laspotech this afternoon and trecking down to the nearest bustop to board a bus,I saw a woman (age should be between 25-35) with her child of approximately 6 month sitting on the bear ground looking hungry and unkept.
I was moved and decided to give the woman 20 naira because the remaining 100naira left with me was my T-fare.
Lo and behold,for the first time in my life of alms giving,my money was rejected by the woman.

With a bordered mind I left there and was wondering what I did wrong.

Please what do you think about this?
I can't get it off my mind.
Re: A Beggar Rejected My Money by chukxie(m): 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
Maybe she felt you needed the money more than her since you're a student. Who knows? Don't stop giving for it's better to give than to receive. Have a blessed day!

1 Like

Re: A Beggar Rejected My Money by coldgate(f): 9:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
You don't know anything. What can N20 buy? I guess that was what was on this beggar's mind. Lol.

1 Like

Re: A Beggar Rejected My Money by Exjoker(m): 7:21am On Nov 13, 2014
She knew you needed that N20 as much as she do...lol
Re: A Beggar Rejected My Money by Ezibless: 2:27pm On Nov 13, 2014
Exjoker:
She knew you needed that N20 as much as she do...lol

So what are you insinuating?grin

say the op and begger dey the same level? I just dey ask o
Re: A Beggar Rejected My Money by Exjoker(m): 2:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
Ezibless:

So what are you insinuating?grin

say the op and begger dey the same level? I just dey ask o
Lol...I wish i had said something like this but...this is your saying not mine
Re: A Beggar Rejected My Money by Ayo199(m): 3:43pm On Nov 14, 2014
judgn by a xtian film i once watched,it get spiritual meaning

(1) (Reply)

10 Set Of People You Meet In The Public Transport When Travelling / Different Between Tribe And Ethnic / How Can Nigeria Get Her Groove Back?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.