Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Legislators: Should It Be Loyalty To Political Party Or Constituents? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legislators: Should It Be Loyalty To Political Party Or Constituents? (498 Views)

Collyns Owhonda Visits His Constituents In Rivers, Gives Them Canned Drinks / Shehu Sani Distributes N15 Million Camels, Foodstuff To His Constituents (photo) / Two-party Or Multi-party System, Which Way Forward Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legislators: Should It Be Loyalty To Political Party Or Constituents? by egift(m): 5:52am On Nov 12, 2014
As Speaker House of Representative, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal battles the PDP who want to do all they can to "teach him a lesson" as my friend will always put it, one issue have become paramount.

1. While a member of the House will support the agenda of his political party from which he was elected, should he be at the mercy of his Political Party or should his Responsibility be to the Constituency at Home who he is representing?

2. When he change political party should he now lose this membership as Member of the Legislative Arm of Government? Or should he remain (even if in the case when his political have no atom of crisis?

3. Also do we continue with the arrangement where the Political Parties own the Lawmaker and consider him a piece of Investment? Whenever he try to leave, he will be reminded of the investments that were made on him and should he leave, he will be kicked out of his position.

Am happy the issue of Tambuwal and the subsequent Recess of the House is providing an opportunity for us as a Nation to review this part of our Constitution. Post out opinion.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Legislators: Should It Be Loyalty To Political Party Or Constituents? by Max24: 8:46am On Nov 12, 2014
Nigerians like complicating the simplest of tasks.How do they do it in other advanced democracies where we copied it from. Universal best practice should be used in all we do. For instance,can the United States House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner defect from the Republican Party to the Democratic party and still keep his position as Speaker or even be ever taken serious again politically? Please help me answer this as i dont know... i schooled in France. Thanks.
Re: Legislators: Should It Be Loyalty To Political Party Or Constituents? by egift(m): 8:54am On Nov 12, 2014
Max24:
Nigerians like complicating the simplest of tasks.How do they do it in other advanced democracies where we copied it from. Universal best practice should be used in all we do. For instance,can the United States House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner defect from the Republican Party to the Democratic party and still keep his position as Speaker or even be ever taken serious again politically? Please help me answer this as i dont know... i schooled in France. Thanks.

I hope we get well informed response.

Mod Frontpage.
Re: Legislators: Should It Be Loyalty To Political Party Or Constituents? by mayowaakinduro(m): 11:36am On Nov 13, 2014
Emmanuel, this is Mr. Mayowa............... am still expecting your call.
Re: Legislators: Should It Be Loyalty To Political Party Or Constituents? by egift(m): 11:47am On Nov 13, 2014
mayowaakinduro:
Emmanuel, this is Mr. Mayowa............... am still expecting your call.

Done. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Fashola Meets With SA Govt Officials, Approves Repatriation Of Dead Sout / Why Jonathan Deserves Second Term— Information Minister / Local Hunters Kill Over 70 Boko Haram Insurgents, Recapture Adamawa Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.