Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company (2543 Views)

Manage laundry and dry-cleaning businesses with Cleanwash v1 / Custom Software Developers / I Want To Work For Any I.T Firm For Free. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by MITNEXUS: 6:48am On Nov 24, 2008
i urgently need an I.T Consutant to help my company design a custom software for its front and back office operations. we are a dry cleaning and laundry services company located in lagos with several outlets.

please call brainerd on 07031517266
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by Afam(m): 10:53am On Nov 24, 2008
You need a software developer or a programmer not an IT consultant unless you are willing to pay an IT consultant to help you get a good programmer.
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by logica(m): 1:01pm On Nov 24, 2008
lol. so an IT Consultant cannot be a Programmer or Developer?
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by Afam(m): 10:19am On Nov 25, 2008
A pastor can fly a plane if he knows how.

An IT consultant can write a program or develop software but an IT consultant is not a programmer or software developer. Even spelling difference is enough to show that these are not one and the same.

I sincerely hope you will be able to tell the difference. Who am I kidding? The same guy that advised a client to go get oracle database because he wrongly thought that mysql could not handle a project he was paid for leaving behind another dissatisfied client that believes that Nigerian programmers are no good and are just cheats, shame.

Seems you have not embarrassed yourself enough, the floor is open.
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by MisterMan(m): 10:59am On Nov 25, 2008
Ready to give you the best package. Very serous software developers. Ready, willing and available. Get in touch with us.
E-mail: smartsoftware@rocketmail.com
GSM: 08067869043
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by donkoleone(m): 3:01pm On Nov 25, 2008
MITNEXUS you need a programmer,if ur serious post me back with the specifications of the needed software and i will contact you on the possibility of a business arrangement
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by logica(m): 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2008
@Afam the maga

"design a custom software for its front and back office operations"

the operational word here is "design" you idiot. he said "design", he hasn't even mentioned development yet, so a programmer/developer doesn't even come into the picture yet. so he does need an IT consultant or an architect.

1 Like

Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by Afam(m): 5:55pm On Nov 25, 2008
Still cursing?

Well, we have 2 people already with the necessary titles talking about the project so don't mess up the thread and stop making a fool of yourself.

If he needs an architect then advice him on that with good reasons and stop proving to the world that you are just floating and trying to look smart.

It seems I have just learned that an architect is basically an IT consultant, wonders shall never end. Maybe any that uses a kettle to boil water can pass for a cook.
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by logica(m): 12:33am On Nov 26, 2008
Check this: http://www.prospects.ac.uk/links/ITConsult/

Job description

An IT consultant works in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. Consultants work to improve the structure and efficiency and of an organsiation's IT systems.

IT consultants may be involved in a variety of activities, including marketing, project management, client relationship management and systems development.

They may also be responsible for user training and feedback. In many companies, these tasks will be carried out by an IT project team. IT consultants are increasingly involved in sales and business development, as well as technical duties.
» Typical work activities

Task typically involve:

* meeting with clients to determine requirements; (Architect)
    * working with clients to define the scope of a project;(Architect)
    * planning timescales and the resources needed;
    * clarifying a client's system specifications, understanding their work practices and the nature of their business;(Architect)
    * travelling to customer sites;
    * liaising with staff at all levels of a client organisation;
    * defining software, hardware and network requirements;(Architect)
    * analysing IT requirements within companies and giving independent and objective advice on the use of IT;(Architect)
    * developing agreed solutions and implementing new systems;(Architect)
    * presenting solutions in written or oral reports;
    * helping clients with change-management activities;
    * project managing the design and implementation of preferred solutions;
    * purchasing systems where appropriate;
    * designing, testing, installing and monitoring new systems;(Architect)
    * preparing documentation and presenting progress reports to customers;
    * organising training for users and other consultants;
    * being involved in sales and support and, where appropriate, maintaining contact with client organisations;
    * identifying potential clients and building and maintaining contacts.

I have highlighted the job descriptions of an I.T consultant that are essentially those of a Systems/Solutions Architect. If you have any counters, please present them. And while you are doing that, explain to us why this client needs a Programmer or Developer for the DESIGN of the required system.

Also, check this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_technology_consulting

The important point is shown in bold below:

Independent consultants, who function as contractors (in the US, on "1099"wink, employees of staffing firms (in the US, employed on "W-2"wink, or as subcontractors in their own right.

I have worked as an independent consultant on W-2, and while I was an I.T consultant, I was actually a developer. You have attempted one of your oversabi yarns and failed miserably as usual. And mind you, I used no curse words. I merely used the word that best describes you, but it happens to be derogatory. smiley

1 Like

Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by Afam(m): 2:12pm On Nov 26, 2008
I am one of those that are truly afraid of the future of this country when I get to see how educated and semi educated Nigerians reason like goats.

I can assure you by the time you are done you would have made other claims about what you have done that are never verified. Where did we stop the other time? You developed Pentagon website or google, which one?

Unless words have lost their meanings I believe you are completely floating as regards understanding of what you just reproduced. In a typical law court you would have done enough to get a conviction all by yourself.
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by logica(m): 2:21pm On Nov 26, 2008
Dude, please explain why the client needs a Programmer or Developer to design software. Are programmers or developers supposed to design? The decision on the architecture of the software has not yet been determined, yet he should be searching for a programmer or developer? the environment, infrastructure in place (networked environment, server OS, etc), budget, etc are yet to be determined, yet you want to jump straight to application development? please stick to your tashere PHP trivialities.

The thread starter is well aware of the needs of the project and far better than you who has no real idea of how software is designed and developed. Rather you pose around with PHP being the panacea to all software needs. The magic potion. What is needed at this point is an I.T Consultant (with Architecture skills), so kindly keep off topics way above your head.
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by Afam(m): 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2008
Keep throwing around words. This is crazy, someone who asked a client that actually paid him for a web project to go get oracle database because he wrongly thought mysql could not do the job is trying to offer advice?

Guy, go apologize and refund the money you collected from the client you misled rather than sleeping and waking up on wikipedia, it is obvious you have complex issues.

As usual you have succeeded in diverting attention from the original post. You will remain inconsequential that is a promise because you lie a lot and you keep claiming to know this and that without any single stuff being verified. You are in my opinion a fraud. Have come across many like you, trust me.
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by logica(m): 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2008
rotfl. ode.
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by rancetech(m): 9:14pm On Nov 27, 2008
The last time I checked, a software developer is somebody that designs as well codes. In broader terms, a developer can do the whole thing from start to finish.
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by logica(m): 9:43am On Nov 28, 2008
in strict terms, an architect designs. but then how will a developer gain enough experience to be regarded as an architect? therefore is it expected that developers from certain levels (say senior level) begin to get involved in the design process. in any case, an architect is necessarily a developer. no need 2 get 2 technical on terminologies, but i simply had 2 play around with that dude called Afam. the thread starter was correct in requesting for an IT consultant as that is a broader term than programmer, developer or architect.
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by yawatide(f): 7:45pm On Nov 28, 2008
From my working experience, developers have often been promoted to be architects. Why? cos they have coded enough that they (hopefully) are aware of what to do and not do. In other words, having whined for years, it is like saying, "since you have been talking too much, oya, put your money where your mouth is. Come and show us how you would design this thing better".

For some, it is considered as a stepping stone. Again, this is based on my experience which may not be the same experience as that of others.
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by Bossman(m): 2:52am On Nov 29, 2008
My experience is the same as yours. I am an IT consultant (Enterprise Architect), however I still do some coding. At the current client, which I have been for almost 3 years, about 30% of my time has been spent on coding. And the same goes for the other architects I have worked with.

yawa-ti-de:

From my working experience, developers have often been promoted to be architects. Why? because they have coded enough that they (hopefully) are aware of what to do and not do. In other words, having whined for years, it is like saying, "since you have been talking too much, oya, put your money where your mouth is. Come and show us how you would design this thing better".

For some, it is considered as a stepping stone. Again, this is based on my experience which may not be the same experience as that of others.
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by akynezzo: 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2008
much ado about nothing
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by dammytosh: 11:40am On Dec 08, 2008
This is an interesting topic.

But the best post is from @akynezzo:

akynezzo:

much ado about nothing

You guyz shld get urselfs a good job.
Let me get back to business jare. "closes the browser angrily" angry
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by Afam(m): 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2008
rancetech:

The last time I checked, a software developer is somebody that designs as well codes. In broader terms, a developer can do the whole thing from start to finish.

Thanks a lot for pointing that out. This is how people who know very little mislead others and continue to embarrass themselves.
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by dgenie: 2:24am On Apr 04, 2009
Please i need a business plan for setting up a drycleaning business,do you know someone,a consultant maybe,that can come up with a very good one? smiley
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by Kobojunkie: 3:19am On Apr 04, 2009
Do IT Consultants also write business plans?
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by jek1471: 6:30pm On Feb 10, 2011
please were you able to get a good solution. I have a reliable one to give you.
send me a mail joeekerete@yahoo.com
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by Superuser(m): 1:39pm On Feb 17, 2011
@dgenie, i write business tailored business plans in case you still have a need for one. Contact Biocon Consulting Group, biocongroup@yahoo.com, Regards
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by bobjr: 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2011
I just joined this forum, greetings all

newbie smiley
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by netghost: 11:14pm On Feb 28, 2011
oya, Afam and Logica, hug and make up, grin grin grin

he said he needs a consultant, he did not ask for a flame war,

@Afam, u dont need to prove points to everyone, most people here are professional HTML coders and nothing more, grin grin wink
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by leunamme: 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2011
we just good at it and cant believe we are so affordable, visit www.prodigit-ng.com or call 08060600472
Re: I.t Consultant Needed To Design Custom Software For Dry Cleaning Company by youngprogrammer(m): 11:46pm On May 17, 2016
Am a software developer and i have good number of apps been design and programmed by me so i will like to take the contract.CONTACT US IF INTRESTED:08058816142.

(1) (Reply)

Help Request: Computer Science Final Year Project / Computer Science Project Topic (help Need) / Programmers/Designers In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.