Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity (2934 Views)

Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex / My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Profcamsey(m): 9:48am On Nov 12, 2014
What would be your reaction or reply, if your spouse just decide to donate your assets, which you have both acquired for years to CHARITY?
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 12, 2014
Profcamsey:
What would be your reaction or reply, if your spouse just decide to donate your assets, which you have both acquired for years to CHARITY?

Is he/she mentally sound?
If yes, I will want to know why . . is he/she being brain washed

The "why" will determine what I will do next . . .but I will quickly start looking at ways to secure my assets, cos it sounds rather strange.

3 Likes

Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 12, 2014
That is when we split the asset, then he can donate his share to charity.

My love no reach like that. If God spoke to him to be that charitable, He didn't speak to me ooo. Or maybe I refused to didn't hear Him clearly tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Profcamsey(m): 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
chaircover:

Is he/she mentally sound?
If yes, I will want to know why . . is he/she being brain washed

The "why" will determine what I will do next . . .but I will quickly start looking at ways to secure my assets, cos it sounds rather strange.
lol
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
Well if its something i do not make use of anymore or something i have no plans of using in the future, i really wouldn't let it bother me.if its something thats still valuable to me then we will definitely have a problem.

The good thing is that you cannot make donations of assets that belong to a joint estate without consent by the other spouse, otherwise it can be deemed an unathorised donation and you can simply reposses the asset without much difficulties.
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Profcamsey(m): 12:24pm On Nov 12, 2014
Phema:
That is when we split the asset, then he can donate his share to charity.

My love no reach like that. If God spoke to him to be that charitable, He didn't speak to me ooo. Or maybe I refused to didn't hear Him clearly tongue grin
aunty dont be stingy.
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by freecocoa(f): 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2014
I will take it he just tried a very strong drug and it's affecting his mental state, i'll leave him for some time and if he insists, i'll ask questions which will lead to discovering the root of the 'madness'.

In the meantime, I'll look for ways to secure my assets biko.
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
freecocoa:
I will take it he just tried a very strong drug and it's affecting his mental state, i'll leave him for some time and if he insists, i'll ask questions which will lead to discovering the root of the 'madness'.

In the meantime, I'll look for ways to secure my assets biko.
donating all or a fraction?
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
Profcamsey:
aunty dont be stingy.

Nna, na asset we dey talk about so ooo. Prolly what I spent my whole life acquiring. No be chicken change biko.

I will sharperly become the "prodigal" wife. Ask for my share and let him do whatever he wishes with his. grin
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by freecocoa(f): 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
2sexi:
donating all or a fraction?
The OP said "assets which you have both aquired for years" that should mean all we have.

Even if it's a fraction, he's supposed to seek my opinion on the matter, he can't just "decide".
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Blueeyedboi(m): 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
Phema:

Nna, na asset we dey talk about so ooo. Prolly what I spent my whole life acquiring. No be chicken change biko.
I will sharperly become d "prodigal" wife. Ask for my share and let him do whatever he wishes with his. grin
.....Hahahahhahahhahhahahhaa...this is damn hilarious mehn!!..we dnt have submissive ladies anymore...smh
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
Mondisweets:
Well if its something i do not make use of anymore or something i have no plans of using in the future, i really wouldn't let it bother me.if its something thats still valuable to me then we will definitely have a problem.

That doesn't even come into play as this is about ASSETS. Something you donot need or donot have future plans for cannot be called an asset.
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 12, 2014
Blueeyedboi:
.....Hahahahhahahhahhahahhaa...this is damn hilarious mehn!!..we dnt have submissive ladies anymore...smh

Ayam very very submissive, even to a fault.

But. . . .

My asset isn't. grin
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Blueeyedboi(m): 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
Phema:

I'm very very submissive, even to a fault.
But. . . .
My asset isn't. grin
....hahahahahahha....are you okay...abeg you're making me laugh out of control here en I'm supposed to be busy at work..just decided to take a peek en ran into this hilarious thread...anyways you are making small sense... grin grin grin
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
freecocoa:
The OP said "assets which you have both aquired for years" that should mean all we have.

Even if it's a fraction, he's supposed to seek my opinion on the matter, he can't just "decide".
Not cool, A fraction is okay but also depending on the magnitude off accumulated wealth.
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
Blueeyedboi:
....hahahahahahha....are you okay...abeg you're making me laugh out of control here en I'm supposed to be busy at work..just decided to take a peek en ran into this hilarious thread...anyways you are making small sense... grin grin grin

grin grin wink. A lil laughter doesn't hurt.

Nice day.
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Blueeyedboi(m): 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
Phema:

grin grin wink. A lil laughter doesn't hurt.

Nice day.
....But always remember everything you have is owned by the man including yourself so essentially you dnt have anything...women of these days dnt give us the slightest chance to become real men...smh
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by freecocoa(f): 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
2sexi:
Not cool, A fraction is okay but also depending on the magnitude off accumulated wealth.
I don't understand, what's not cool about my hubby seeking my opinion before deciding to give a portion of our assets to charity?
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
Blueeyedboi:
....But always remember everything you have is owned by the man including yourself so essentially you dnt have anything...women of these days dnt give us the slightest chance to become real men...smh

Eeeerrrmmmm. . . i thought that was vice versa? I still can remember when the Priest said "all that you have is his and all that he has is yours".

Oh well, the above statement remains practicable and valid. . .until he decides to give away all our hard earned asset to charity. At that point, we just might rewrite our own marital vows to "everybody answer your papa name" grin cool
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Blueeyedboi(m): 2:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
Phema:

Eeeerrrmmmm. . . i thought that was vice versa? I still can remember when the Priest said "all that you have is his and all that he has is yours".

Oh well, the above statement remains practicable and valid. . .until he decides to give away all our hard earned asset to charity. At that point, we just might rewrite our own marital vows to "everybody answer your papa name" grin cool
.......hahahahaahhhha....if it comes to everybarry answering his/her papa name, who do you think'll come out worse off?.... grin grin
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
Blueeyedboi:
.......hahahahaahhhha....if it comes to everybarry answering his/her papa name, who do you think'll come out worse off?.... grin grin

When he's done donating his share to charity? I think I will be better off. tongue
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Blueeyedboi(m): 2:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
Phema:

When he's done donating his share to charity? I think I will be better off. tongue
.....Lolzzzz....I give up!!!!...you must be an attorney or something close to that.. grin grin
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
Blueeyedboi:
.....Lolzzzz....I give up!!!!...you must be an attorney or something close to that.. grin grin

Lol. Cheers bro! cool
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
Donate all our assets? Is he high on Benin republic garri ni? Remove the "ets" in assets and the remaining word is what I will declare fire and brimstone on.
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
jennykadry:
Donate all our assets? Is he high on Benin republic garri ni? Remove the "ets" in assets and the remaining word is what I will declare fire and brimstone on.

cheesy cheesy. Come on, did your bible not teach you to be a cheerful giver? tongue
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 12, 2014
freecocoa:
I don't understand, what's not cool about my hubby seeking my opinion before deciding to give a portion of our assets to charity?
you don't get me.

I mean giving all isn't cool. A fraction would be appropriate but that also depend on the amount of wealth accumulated over the years.
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by freecocoa(f): 4:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
2sexi:
you don't get me.

I mean giving all isn't cool. A fraction would be appropriate but that also depend on the amount of wealth accumulated over the years.
Okay, but he is supposed to consult his wife about it though, right?
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
freecocoa:
Okay, but he is supposed to consult his wife about it though, right?
sure.
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by freecocoa(f): 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
2sexi:
sure.
albright.
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
Phema:

cheesy cheesy. Come on, did your bible not teach you to be a cheerful giver? tongue

If he wanted Mary magdalene as a wife all he could have done was look for her. An S is not leaving my ASSETS.
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
jennykadry:
If he wanted Mary magdalene as a wife all he could have done was look for her. An S is not leaving my ASSETS.

cheesy cheesy
Re: If Your Spouse Insists On Donating Your Assets To Charity by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2014
Phema:

That doesn't even come into play as this is about ASSETS. Something you donot need or donot have future plans for cannot be called an asset.
i can have a laptop that i do not need or do not intent to use in the future, so long it has VALUE that can be given in monetary terms its an asset.

ASSSET:- an item owned and has value

Kindly consult your dictionary first before giving your little online lectures smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Should I Protect Her? / The missing doctor is dead: Dr Henry Nwaruh / Your Baby Can Be Chubby Again If You Try These Natural Combination.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.