Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora (1419 Views)

BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Strikes In Gombe State On New Year’s Eve / Bomb Blast In FCE Kontagora Niger State / Bomb Blast At FCE Kano? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora by bandol(m): 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
A female suicide bomber struck in Kontagora, Niger state on Wednesday, killing herself and injuring a student.

The incident occurred at the Federal College of Education, Kontagora at about 12:30pm.

This is the first bombing incident in that part of the state since the beginning of the five year old insurgency by the Boko Haram sect.

Daily Trust gathered that the female suicide bomber donated the explosive at the college's Library.

The college's provost Dr. Nathaniel Odediran said the bomber only succeeded in blowing herself up while a student sustained injury.

The state police spokesperson DSP Ibrahim Gambari confirmed the incident but did not give detail

source: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/39334-breaking-suicide-bomber-hits-fce-kontagora
Re: Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora by Kelvin0(m): 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
... undecided
Re: Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora by LordMecuzy(m): 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora by Arch1: 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2014
Where is the SSS? Do we have intelligence agents in this country at all? You do not need to be a security expert to know that strings of suicide bomb attacks was imminent after insurgents stole large quantities of dynamites at the Ashaka cement plant few weeks ago
Re: Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
Jonathan
Re: Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora by Kenneth205(m): 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora by 2cato: 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
APC cyber rodent are yet to jubilate as it has always been their wont in life and nairaland.
Berem omenka obiagelli and co where art thou
Re: Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
Arch1:
Where is the SSS? Do we have intelligence agents in this country at all? You do not need to be a security expert to know that strings of suicide bomb attacks was imminent after insurgents stole large quantities of dynamites at the Ashaka cement plant few weeks ago

Let's make an assumption....you are (God forbid) the leader of a terror group and you want to mount an attack on a public institution. You also know (or assume) that Intelligence has infiltrated your group. So, you just give out vague ideas that ''there would be an attack''....while keeping the information to yourself....and not revealing it to anyone, not even the guys who will carry out the attack...until an hour to the attack.

That is why it is difficult to stop an attack. Like the attack on a mall in Wuse recently. Am sure the SSS knew....the problem was....which mall out of the dozens in Wuse will be attacked?

Intelligence work is not like an episode of 24.
Re: Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
Keneking:
Jonathan
2cato:
APC cyber rodent are yet to jubilate as it has always been their wont in life and nairaland.
Berem omenka obiagelli and co where art thou

It is pathetic when members of both political parties decide that a tragic event is an occasion for silly political sniping.
Re: Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
Arch1:
''

A woman decides to put rat poison in her husbands soup, what can the intelligence agents do about it?

Beware, a suicide bomber might be sitting next to you. There is no way you will know.
Re: Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora by ajasa4link: 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
What The F*ck! And here I am somewhere in Kebbi just 2 hours from kotangora..and even planning to conduct 2015 election here .....I guess it's about time I get in touch with my z.i and plan How I will ghost my remaining service months when worse comes to worst o.
Re: Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora by Arch1: 3:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Let's make an assumption....you are (God forbid) the leader of a terror group and you want to mount an attack on a public institution. You also know (or assume) that Intelligence has infiltrated your group. So, you just give out vague ideas that ''there would be an attack''....while keeping the information to yourself....and not revealing it to anyone, not even the guys who will carry out the attack...until an hour to the attack.

That is why it is difficult to stop an attack. Like the attack on a mall in Wuse recently. Am sure the SSS knew....the problem was....which mall out of the dozens in Wuse will be attacked?

Intelligence work is not like an episode of 24.

Bros i get your point and i agree with you partially. But after i watched Maryln Ogar, the DSS spokeswoman talk on CHANNELSTV after the Osun election, i realised that the SSS just like every other government institution in Nigeria is DEAD !

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
bushdoc9919:

It is pathetic when members of both political parties decide that a tragic event is an occasion for silly political sniping.

Silly comment
Re: Breaking: Suicide Bomber Hits FCE Kontagora by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
Keneking:

Silly comment

Is it?

A tragic event happens and it is magically APC/PDP's fault.

No investigation....

You Nigerians really are something else.....

(1) (Reply)

How Nigeria May Collapse In 2015 - Must Read By Rudolf O. / Dr Kingsley Moghalu - More Than A Banker / Photo:Kenya Student Jailed For Insulting President Uhuru Kenyatta on socialMedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.