Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,734 members, 7,827,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

This Dad Is Asking... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Dad Is Asking... (1693 Views)

I Can’t Believe My Husband Is Asking Me For This!! / Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum / Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Dad Is Asking... by donogaga(m): 7:43am On Nov 13, 2014
My 14-year-old daughter is developing very fast. She already has the body of a woman, hips, boobs and all. Her mother said that she's started teaching her sex education but I'm not satisfied with that. I want to protect her from all Men because they are wolves. I hate the way Men look at her. I've had to sack my driver because I saw the way his eyes followed her bum when she walked, it irritated me.

I don't trust any man around her, except her brothers. I just want to know if the dads/parents here feel that way about their daughters or I am just being irrational. My friends have boys that age, so it's kind of different for them.
Re: This Dad Is Asking... by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 13, 2014
I am not a dad tho but with the way u r goin, she will hate u.... U shuld read what the bible says abt Dads overprotecting their daughters... Either proverbs or wisdom or ecclesiates..... Frm the way the bible said it, it says its not good.. U may sound as if u too are havn eyes on her as well... Which of course, happens ....its not a new thing......

2 Likes

Re: This Dad Is Asking... by RoyalRoy(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2014
Am not a father yet but I believe it almost always happen to most fathers who care about their little daughter's well being.

But pls don't take it to a paranoid level.

What if she enters the University? Will you follow her to school?

I believe the mother will do a good job teaching her what it takes and entail to be a decent and responsible young woman!!
You could also chip in a word of advice from time to time.

Help her to build confidence with you, so she doesn't wish to "run away from you" thinking you are being too harsh.
That always happen with most father-daughter relationships at this age.

She will be fine.

Worry less sir!!!
Re: This Dad Is Asking... by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:03am On Nov 13, 2014
You are making a BIG MISTAKE!!.... the last thing a teenage girl needs is an over-protective dad..... with time you'll become irritating to her.and in the process Damaging some sides of her self esteem in a way...and for the love of God stop calling Men wolves, if you were a "wolf" in your time doesn't make all Men wolves you hear.

Just be a loving,Caring and Understanding father That's all.....But Over-protectiveness is a big no no

1 Like

Re: This Dad Is Asking... by EfemenaXY: 8:04am On Nov 13, 2014
donogaga:

My 14-year-old daughter is developing very fast. She already has the body of a woman, hips, boobs and all. Her mother said that she's started teaching her sex education but I'm not satisfied with that. I want to protect her from all Men because they are wolves. I hate the way Men look at her. I've had to sack my driver because I saw the way his eyes followed her bum when she walked, it irritated me.
I don't trust any man around her, except her brothers. I just want to know if the dads/parents here feel that way about their daughters or I am just being irrational. My friends have boys that age, so it's kind of different for them.

Must you lie to us, all for the sake of creating a thread?

As at September 30th this year, you weren't married nor did you have a kid. Now, two months later you're married with a 14 year old daughter, and sons?

donogaga:
I'm not yet married but as a young man who's thinking in that direction, I took out some time to take a look at the lives and homes of those who are already in it. I've done some research, asked questions, spoke with some senior friends that are married & I've also been observing.

I must confess I still get mixed feelings about the idea of marriage, when I see the good, bad & ugly taking place among married couples. I see some who wish they never got married, I also see some who are just hanging in there more still I see others who are living happy ever after. I've seen those who say if they knew this was what marriage was all about they'd have just remained single. Different findings that stares up mixed feelings in me. Even though I still know I more often times dream of sharing my home with the best woman in the world.

In all these things a few things still scares me the most and leaves me wondering how these things happen. Imagine a scenario where a great man who is wealthy and generous, always willing to assist the needy, all of a sudden ends up with a completely opposite feminine breed, who frowns at every attempt he makes to assist his fellow humans out of the abundance God has blessed him with. She goes as far as sitting on his wealth and ensures no else reaps from it. She reduces the man to the point where nothing happens except she says "YES" and if she says "NO" he's left with no choice. Some go as far as refusing him from helping his immediate family members, then a few (which to me is witchcraft), completely turn the Man's heart only towards her immediate family members. I just get wondering how some Men change from being high and mighty to being reduced to full control of their wives. How do these things happen really? Did such Men bargain for all that? Are they enjoying the weakness they exhibit? Or are they not in their right frames of mind anymore? Or is it all for LOVE? I'm really curious. This is just one instance out of my many observations.

If you are happy in your marriage, both in-laws are cordial, your home is a small heaven on earth, I need answers. What's your secret?...... I need to learn before I venture. PLEASE SHARE WITH I AND MANY OTHERS WHO WANTS TO KNOW!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1926325/marriage-marriage-marriage-please-need#26736414

8 Likes

Re: This Dad Is Asking... by Applaner: 8:06am On Nov 13, 2014
op, I saw de letter 'm' attached to ur name signifying male.
in other words u are a man.

are u telling me DAT u are a wolf since all men are wolves according to u?

chei, mek I begin de run from una

1 Like

Re: This Dad Is Asking... by Mologi(m): 8:07am On Nov 13, 2014
Not a dad either.....ur rules can be misleading...
if u overprotect her wen she s with u,she will do baaaaaaad things wen ur away....

There s no way u can tell teens dat something is no good unless they experience...it

I dont support sex education though

Why are afraid of guys....GUILTY CONSCIENCE
Re: This Dad Is Asking... by Elcemento(m): 8:15am On Nov 13, 2014
undecided undecided Bros no kill urself o.

CHECK OUT MY SIGNATURE!!!
Re: This Dad Is Asking... by DesChyko: 8:22am On Nov 13, 2014
West African Dwarf Goat.

Even if you're not the one, why didn't you stipulate it there?

Scoring cheap points under another person's life.

#mimics#.. I've had to sack my driver because I saw the way his eyes followed her bum when she walked, it irritated me..

angryangryangryangryangryangryangryangry

He/Him not I/me

1 Like

Re: This Dad Is Asking... by donogaga(m): 8:22am On Nov 13, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Must you lie to us, all for the sake of creating a thread?

As at September 30th this year, you weren't married nor did you have a kid. Now, two months later you're married with a 14 year old daughter, and sons?

https://www.nairaland.com/1926325/marriage-marriage-marriage-please-need#26736414

Please post only comments that are useful, helpful, constructive and practical.

This dad could be anyone. But am obviously not the "One".... Am not disputing that fact.

It was a problem that was shared by a senior colleague and I thought it wise to post it here. He actually confided in me and asked for my opinion. Have given him my opinion though.

Bro, Don't be so harsh. Am not here to lie to anyone neither am I here to create a thread for the sake of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Dad Is Asking... by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 13, 2014
donogaga:

This dad could be anyone. But am obviously not the "One".... Am not disputing that fact.

It was a problem that was shared by a senior colleague and I thought it wise to post it here. He actually confided in me and asked for my opinion. Have given him my opinion though.

Bro, Don't be so harsh. Am not here to lie to anyone neither am I here to create a thread for the sake of it.
grin
Re: This Dad Is Asking... by dew1: 8:39am On Nov 13, 2014
Re: This Dad Is Asking... by widowhusband: 8:57am On Nov 13, 2014
donogaga:

Go ahead our son thy sins are forgiven. Ok a female course mate while at sch durin this kind free for all discussion u know, why some gals r so free with sharing body chipped in that one of the main reasons she is careful is that b4 she resumed 100 level her father sat her down and 'toasted' her- sth like my daugther u r very beautiful, u look like your mum, just like i did not decieve her i dont want anyone to decieve you but you have to help me with that.... etc
She said she cried tears of joy,that her father could talk to her like that and decided to be careful. Well in your case this girl is much younger, dont know if theres a way the father can panel beat above style to suit her age. Cheers
Re: This Dad Is Asking... by Pimples(m): 9:26am On Nov 13, 2014
Moderation is key.
There is a diffrence between 'protection' and ' Over-protection'

Clearly xplain in a friendly manner the dangers involved.

Let her know the fact that whatever choice she makes, she will face the consequences. Either good or bad.

As someone already said, you cannot be with her 24/7

Children these days, (especially educated ones) already know all these things. But why all they hear out there is the supposed pleasures to be derived from intimate encounters, they are not told of the dangers.
It is your responsibility as a parent to Impart balanced knowledge.
Also, with regards to your driver's admiration of your daughters bum, I get the impression that she may need to improve her dressing.
@ her age she is just learning to dress like an adult.
Her mum should help her dress modestly.
I wish you success as you fufill your fatherly responsibility
Re: This Dad Is Asking... by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 13, 2014
dew1:

Hi..
hello
Re: This Dad Is Asking... by dew1: 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
Odilafta:

hello
Pm sent..
Re: This Dad Is Asking... by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 17, 2014
dew1:

Pm sent..
Replied,call me with that number on my siggy.

1 Like

Re: This Dad Is Asking... by flyca: 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2014
donogaga:

Next time, pls indicate in the original post. A lot of lies flying around in this site. The reason I fully endorse NL policing tongue

1 Like

Re: This Dad Is Asking... by donogaga(m): 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
flyca:

Next time, pls indicate in the original post. A lot of lies flying around in this site. The reason I fully endorse NL policing tongue

Ok. Thanks.
Re: This Dad Is Asking... by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
I think that it is normal that a father worries when his little girls grows up and develops into a young lady.
It is good that you want to protect her.
Just remember that you cannot protect her forever so equip her in a way that she can protect herself. Talk to her. Be honest. Tell her that you worry and explain why. She will remember your words wink

But please don't teach her that all men are wolves. cheesy Help her distinguish the good from the bad. smiley

It is good her mother is teaching her already.
Re: This Dad Is Asking... by mcdokwe(m): 10:18am On Nov 18, 2014
donogaga:

and u are?

(1) (Reply)

I Slept With My Friend's Hubby To Be... A True Confession / Cleaning And Sanitary Products Shop / I'm 24, And A Liability To My Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.