Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Here's The 5-sentence Personal Essay That Helped JFK Get Into Harvard - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Here's The 5-sentence Personal Essay That Helped JFK Get Into Harvard (915 Views)

PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! / Math Teacher Arrested At JFK Aiport / Parents Sue Education Consultant For 2 Million After Sons Don't Get Into Harvard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's The 5-sentence Personal Essay That Helped JFK Get Into Harvard by born2lead01: 2:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
Without a doubt, John F. Kennedy is one of Harvard University's most accomplished and impressive graduates.

However, the former POTUS was not the best applicant when he decided he wanted to take up residence in Cambridge, Mass.

He had poor grades from high school,and while he had spent two months at Princeton University before leaving due to an illness, even his own father called him "careless."

In anticipation of the 50th anniversary of JFK's assassination,The Washington Post has highlighted many of his school records, including a handwritten Harvard application.

You can check out the digitized originalsat the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum.

As part of the Harvard application — which at the time was a mere three pages — students were asked to give a "careful answer" to the question "Why do you wish to come to Harvard?" Here's what a young JFK had to say:

The reasons that I have for wishing to go to Harvard are several. I feel that Harvard can give me a better background and a better liberal education than any other university. I have always wanted to go there, as I have felt that it is not just another college, but is a university with something definite to offer.

Then too, I would like to go to the same college as my father. To be a"Harvard man" is an enviable distinction, and one that I sincerely hope I shall attain.

April 23, 1935
John F. Kennedy

Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/personal-essay-application-jfk-get-into-harvard-2013-11?utm_content=buffer9ef1a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fb_ref=Default&fb_source=message
Re: Here's The 5-sentence Personal Essay That Helped JFK Get Into Harvard by adeyiga3(m): 2:28pm On Nov 13, 2014
Soooooooooooooooooooo are u planning on going to havard ni
Re: Here's The 5-sentence Personal Essay That Helped JFK Get Into Harvard by stiles009(m): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2014
abegi, in all fairness, this is definitely not what got him into Harvard. nepotism or protegee perhaps, but that sort of letter can't and didn't get him there.

1 Like

Re: Here's The 5-sentence Personal Essay That Helped JFK Get Into Harvard by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 30, 2015
Ok... maybe na connection
Re: Here's The 5-sentence Personal Essay That Helped JFK Get Into Harvard by realnas(m): 1:58am On May 02, 2015
His daddy was quite wealthy ,he made his fortune sellin bootlegged liqour durin prohibition

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Saudi Arabia To Build Bridge Over Red Sea To Egypt / Donald Trump Deports 92 Immigrants To Africa. / Hillary Clinton Is A Nightmare To Work With.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.