Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,530 members, 7,823,310 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! (26634 Views)

PROVE to show that Making First class In UNI Is Harder Than Distinction In POLY / (18+) The Japanese Unclad Art Class Photos & Video / Bullying In Our Secondary Schools share Your Views! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Pennywise(m): 4:14am On Nov 14, 2014
@ op, good point. Art is not our thing besides it's unproductive. They should make agriculture compulsory for all doing non science/social science subjects. .
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Ariegurl(f): 4:51am On Nov 14, 2014
lol, @op, your findings is shallow i must say! As a graduate of English , have never for once felt rubbished by anybody sincerely.English Language,for instance ,as an Arts course is just one of the very fantastic courses in the Arts department .now ask me what am doing for a living now*smiles*i work as an Administrative Officer now.so please,DONT get confused and please note that not all things seen/read are to be taken serious
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Boyooosa(m): 4:54am On Nov 14, 2014
romme2u:
See what lack of counselors and career guidance in our secondary schools have caused. these teenagers now equate success with money. OH what a bastardize minds. it would not be better for our teachers/leaders who refused to lay a solid foundation for their wards whom they were supposed to groom. having access to internet has become a cursed than blessing because youngsters are not taught how to think for themselves and separate opinions from facts. it is a pity that people who are supposed to be leaders of tomoro dont have guidance of what to make of their life. NIGERIA is greatly doomed.

come to our street and c Barristers that ride cars but can not construct simple and correct tenses ... are they successful or rich? i am asking you a question na... why u com pause?
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by yomanovic: 5:10am On Nov 14, 2014
Fussbot:
YAGA!

Mission accomplished!.

First of all,if u noded In agreement after reading what I wrote up there,u need to change ur way of reasoning.That's a shallow man thoughts up there

So O P is a law student that doesn't like all the derogatory comments been made about the art class and most importantly the LEGAL profession recently on NL and needed attention to tell people otherwise before it starts to discourage and mislead our younger ones out there.

Dear art student,u are in the best class that can ever happen to you.Don't let comments on NL weigh u down.People have made, are making and will forever make it in this class..

And about you all bashing law..well am not surprised,people are always jealous of us.lol..Ask so many doctors,engineers..if given the chance they wld still study law.

Aspiring law students,keep pushing hard...being a lawyer is the best thing that can ever happen to you..forget about all these Lawyers are not getting paid ish..most of them are ignorant..trust me our senior colleagues do come around and these guys are getting paid heavily!...Like other courses,studying law doesn't guarantee success in life,but trust me it gives you edge over everything!...can't imagine myself not studying law!

And other courses under the art class too...tolulope has said everything concerning them and they are facts!...u can't compare urself with streets singers!...

Would have modified the real post,but this is my first time of making the front page and I just discovered it's not possible again..

LONG LIVE ART CLASS!LONG LIVE LEGAL PROFESSION!

Thank you...lolz

So you mean if you hadn't studied Law, you would have died? Come on, stop being childish.
Yeah, I wanted to read Law but LASU wouldn't offer me admission so I eneded up studying Mass Comm for OND and later English Language and Literary Studies for BA.

I taught for 2 years and ended up in the Power Industry and for my age, I'm doing just fine although I yearn for more.

To put it straight to you, everybody might be able to make it to the very top even in all profession but its your desires to break barriers that may help you move up the ladder.

To put it straight to you, I am better off than many lawyers because I have seen Lawyers whose black coat(its neither suit nor blazer pls) had turned white and white shirt turned brown.

So if you've made it, try work harder so that you retain that status you've attained.

1 Like

Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by marcus554(m): 5:26am On Nov 14, 2014
Wel, dey can scrap it out. Buh let dem wait til mai unborn child finish studying it......charge an bail
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Boyooosa(m): 5:30am On Nov 14, 2014
Some can not even defend themselves when u refuse to call them Barrister ... so what is the essence of being a lawyer when you can not convince your client that you will win a case in an argument with him. All they do now is to run after Property case, 'i sold your land, it has been revoked, lets go to the court' drama. Remarkably, no more worthy arguments/cases for Lawyers in the court most esp. where the Judiciary system and proceedings are very weak. Don't even go to political cases, you know the winner of a case even b4 the establishment of the case...

1 Like

Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Thewhizzkid1(m): 5:35am On Nov 14, 2014
Fussbot:
YAGA!

Mission accomplished!.

First of all,if u noded In agreement after reading what I wrote up there,u need to change ur way of reasoning.That's a shallow man thoughts up there

So O P is a law student that doesn't like all the derogatory comments been made about the art class and most importantly the LEGAL profession recently on NL and needed attention to tell people otherwise before it starts to discourage and mislead our younger ones out there.

Dear art student,u are in the best class that can ever happen to you.Don't let comments on NL weigh u down.People have made, are making and will forever make it in this class..

And about you all bashing law..well am not surprised,people are always jealous of us.lol..Ask so many doctors,engineers..if given the chance they wld still study law.

Aspiring law students,keep pushing hard...being a lawyer is the best thing that can ever happen to you..forget about all these Lawyers are not getting paid ish..most of them are ignorant..trust me our senior colleagues do come around and these guys are getting paid heavily!...Like other courses,studying law doesn't guarantee success in life,but trust me it gives you edge over everything!...can't imagine myself not studying law!

And other courses under the art class too...tolulope has said everything concerning them and they are facts!...u can't compare urself with streets singers!...

Would have modified the real post,but this is my first time of making the front page and I just discovered it's not possible again..

LONG LIVE ART CLASS!LONG LIVE LEGAL PROFESSION!

Thank you...lolz
Look at this one. I jux hope u're not trying to deceive anybody here. Anyway, in whatsoever way u put it, nairalanders will always get u. Now u see, comments are against d lawyers.
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by tonquendo4u(m): 6:00am On Nov 14, 2014
Are you high on something? What did u smoke?
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by kunyeo(m): 6:10am On Nov 14, 2014
It is always good to speak from experience. When I opted to study English and Literary Studies some 25 years ago ,it was because Law in the university was cancelled the last minute. I endured it and graduated. On graduating and faced with the unpalatable reality that teaching was my only visible option ,I confessed my regret.My brother who heard me spoke prophetically that maybe there is something good in English that I didn't see.Today,24 years after, am still teaching English in an international school in Lagos and I can say I am a rich person because I have simply explored the opportunities that a typical lazy Nigerian teacher has failed to see;opportunties of time at your disposal and that of the simple fact that most children go to school in Nigeria. For English especially,most good hands leave the field for other so-called promising professions thereby leaving a few of us to be reaping the benefit and we are truly reaping the fruit of endurance and longevity .One of the simple ways to be successful in Nigeria that I have discovered is to stay in a particular field or profession,continually sharpen your skill in it and be creative. Also always look at the larger picture and be the best you can be in your chosen field..The best Youba Teacher is by far better than a dissatified SAN.WHATEVER YOUR HANDS FINDETH TO DO,DO I WITH ALL DILIGENCE. .
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by ddeola: 6:13am On Nov 14, 2014
No , because art is relevant to human existence
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by emestephen595(m): 6:38am On Nov 14, 2014
I get so pissed when people's mind are easily controlled. Why should art be cancelled? Does every science student end up studying medicine, engineering,e.t.c?

The same way a sudent that have dull brains and can't make use of his personal skills end up in a science class, is the same way it will happen to a dull brain in an art class.

Art has so many options and fields, just as science do. Try researching before dropping a post. If not, you'll just keep turning the 'easily convinced/confused brains into vegetables.
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by jerriandy: 6:54am On Nov 14, 2014
o that person that said every and anybody can practice journalism.....lemme educate ur ignorance.....there's a difference between a citizen journalist and a mainline journlist.....the former requires no training at all, all u need do is create a website, a news website online where u begin to post stories, gists, of which almost all tend to be propaganda...this is what they term yellow journalism....where in a bid to gain more followers, u begin to post inviting stories that if truth be told didint happen that way. While a mainline journalist must have as a pre-requisite bagged a degree in mass communication, which comprises of so many professions.....be journalism, publishing, editor, advertising, public relations, news casting, web designing, graphic designer, and a few but to mention.......and as per Art courses, schools differ, for instance, in my school, unizik, where I'm studying, mass communication and also report for {?h Nation news paper,, it is science related (which is supposed to be) under social sciences and with a B.sc honarary degree. But in unn or soo, appears under Art.....(Not too sure of that though). Ff on twitter : @jerryukan
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by jerriandy: 6:55am On Nov 14, 2014
To that person that said every and anybody can practice journalism.....lemme educate ur ignorance.....there's a difference between a citizen journalist and a mainline journlist.....the former requires no training at all, all u need do is create a website, a news website online where u begin to post stories, gists, of which almost all tend to be propaganda...this is what they term yellow journalism....where in a bid to gain more followers, u begin to post inviting stories that if truth be told didint happen that way. While a mainline journalist must have as a pre-requisite bagged a degree in mass communication, which comprises of so many professions.....be journalism, publishing, editor, advertising, public relations, news casting, web designing, graphic designer, and a few but to mention.......and as per Art courses, schools differ, for instance, in my school, unizik, where I'm studying, mass communication and also report for {?h Nation news paper,, it is science related (which is supposed to be) under social sciences and with a B.sc honarary degree. But in unn or soo, appears under Art.....(Not too sure of that though). Ff on twitter : @jerryukandu
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Princecalm(m): 6:57am On Nov 14, 2014
drgeorge1:

did i hear u say ARCHITECTURE?
i meant fine arts
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Enosas(m): 7:04am On Nov 14, 2014
i believe this person is still in jss3 thats why he/she is writing this crap
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Symphony007: 7:04am On Nov 14, 2014
I can't belive this nonsense made front page. Shame on the moderator!!
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 14, 2014
kunyeo:
It is always good to speak from experience. When I opted to study English and Literary Studies some 25 years ago ,it was because Law in the university was cancelled the last minute. I endured it and graduated. On graduating and faced with the unpalatable reality that teaching was my only visible option ,I confessed my regret.My brother who heard me spoke prophetically that maybe there is something good in English that I didn't see.Today,24 years after, am still teaching English in an international school in Lagos and I can say I am a rich person because I have simply explored the opportunities that a typical lazy Nigerian teacher has failed to see;opportunties of time at your disposal and that of the simple fact that most children go to school in Nigeria. For English especially,most good hands leave the field for other so-called promising professions thereby leaving a few of us to be reaping the benefit and we are truly reaping the fruit of endurance and longevity .One of the simple ways to be successful in Nigeria that I have discovered is to stay in a particular field or profession,continually sharpen your skill in it and be creative. Also always look at the larger picture and be the best you can be in your chosen field..The best Youba Teacher is by far better than a dissatified SAN.WHATEVER YOUR HANDS FINDETH TO DO,DO I WITH ALL DILIGENCE. .
25 yrs? I wasnt even born then.
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by McOsheBaba(m): 7:27am On Nov 14, 2014
Princecalm:
Did i hear you say there are not many courses to study under it?What happened to accountancy,Business admin,journalism,history,finearts,linguistics,public admin and the rest.Guy park well

Bros, you go secondary school at all? Accountancy for ARTS? Chai!
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by tenry(m): 7:31am On Nov 14, 2014
Live your life based on comments on nairaland and you will never achieve your dreams in life! I remember my first post on this forum in 2009 where I sought for nairalanders advice whether to pursue Bsc degree cos I had HND then and I wanted more. Over 95% of those who responded said why ll I be wasting time and money, others said inferiority complex was worrying me. Thank God I didn't listen to them cos I did not only meet my destiny helper in Uni but I also met my wife there. Today I hold MA in communication and Language arts. I am running my business and by 2015, I ll start lecturing in a university. It is a sealed one already! Pls define your purpose, pursue it, follw your mind and be determined to achieve something great in life.
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Princecalm(m): 7:42am On Nov 14, 2014
McOsheBaba:

Bros, you go secondary school at all? Accountancy for ARTS? Chai!
an art student can also study accountancy in this our Nigeria.
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by jasperkrekre(m): 7:49am On Nov 14, 2014
Onegai:

You must still be in Secondary school. Go and ask Architecture students, Year 1 and Year 2 how much Art and Drawing they need to do. Most of them will never look at a Chemistry textbook again for the rest of their lives. But they will study the shege out of History of Architecture (from Roman bathhouses to Zaha Hadid)

It's because they need Technical Drawing, Mathematics and Physics, that Architecture was pushed to Sciences. And this our division of Sciences and Arts classes is archaic, no elementary school or high school does that, they focus on what courses you choose each term, with a basics of Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics, one Language, Geography and History
I don't blame u. obviously ignorance is killing u gradually...BTW I'm an architect with bsc and MSC ...bn practising since 2009 that I graduated.... so pls stop talking about what u don't know miss onegia...let me lecture you a bit...10years ago when I was in 100level..we are thought that architecture is d intersection between art,science and technology... so architecture cut across art,science and technology.. one must have a full knowledge of mathematics,physics etc to study architecture... i did a course called theory of structure from 200level to my master level...d course is all about structurability of buildings, shear force/stress, bending moment...infact...there is greater disparity between an architect and an artist...if one is good artistically and poor in science d person won't go far in architecture..
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Princecalm(m): 7:53am On Nov 14, 2014
olola4:
The great journalist Edmund Obilo actually study physics when he was in d university
he did not just study physics and went to be a journalis,there are more to it that you don't know.
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by Princecalm(m): 7:58am On Nov 14, 2014
olola4:
The great journalist Edmund Obilo actually study physics when he was in d university
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by kechywillz(m): 8:02am On Nov 14, 2014
Now playing: Sir Victor iwafu ft Ice price-Kirikisi.
Come O.P,Na one snap shot of whisky hut make u just wake up dis morning dey write any rubbish wey come ur mind abi,when u smoke weed,wetin go happen.
Most relevant people in the society today are more of arts,abeg no dey shack whisky early morning,dey drink water anytime u wake up,make u dey think well
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by mystical22: 8:04am On Nov 14, 2014
Shut up!! Go sitdon wetin u know sef? Bonkom
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by DLioness(f): 8:12am On Nov 14, 2014
We are trained to be advocates, solicitors, magistrates etc. If litigatn/advocacy doesnt strive 4 ur friends or relatvs dats no excuse 4 u to desecrate d legal profesn in Nigeria. Is just lik sayin if psychiatry doesnt work in Nigeria dn u conclude medicine is dspicabl wat dn hapns to gynaecology, surgeory? Pls stp all these IGNORANCE. If A is nt workin 4 u try B. Bsids who evn said advocacy is a total failure? Dat is nt corect frm wat I experience.
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by killercute16(m): 8:26am On Nov 14, 2014
Princecalm:
Did i hear you say there are not many courses to study under it?What happened to accountancy,Business admin,journalism,history,finearts,linguistics,public admin and the rest.Guy park well
Are You sure at all?
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by shyshally(f): 8:28am On Nov 14, 2014
Fussbot ]how can u say arts class is irrelevant?lol,its nt even possible,so we wld have a nation with only science n social science?diversity is needed every oh,n no course is more superior than the other,they all have a role to play in the nation n d world as a whole.how wld sme1 even think of this?smh for some people oh
Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by tcaro39: 8:31am On Nov 14, 2014
Work 5 hours daily and make$3000/weekly... You'll need a computer and a reliable internet connection...
Freelance job on following web == >> ­www.MoneyKin.Com

Re: They Should Cancel The Art Class In Our Secondary Schools! by nav(m): 8:31am On Nov 14, 2014
Seriously is sum1 dt haven't been in high institution reject courses, wen ur in d field u fyn out dt all is important

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Nigerian Universities Encourage Sexual Harassment Of Female Students / Unn Admission List 2010/2011 Is Out / Missing Covenant University Graduate Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.