Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

THE FOLLY Of Afterlife - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THE FOLLY Of Afterlife (4097 Views)

A Fool Sayeth In His Heart..... ( Drapetomania And The Folly Of Atheism ) / The Folly Of The Wise / The Folly Of Wickedness a timely warning - Please spread this message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by An2elect2(f): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
Weah96:

Speak for yourself, I believe that a lot of Gods exist and are real.

I pray the one true God gives you knowledge of Himself which is and is in Christ Jesus.

To answer your question, am not afraid to leave this body( aka die) to be with my Saviour and Lord completely.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by Weah96: 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2014
An2elect2:

I pray the one true God gives you knowledge of Himself which is and is in Christ Jesus.

To answer your question, am not afraid to leave this body( aka die) to be with my Saviour and Lord completely.

Jesus Christ is imaginary. He's a dead Jew. There are more useful Gods nowadays like LeBron James and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2014
2prexios:
Your fooly is now apparent, you are
fighting a 'god that is created by the bible'
in the book of Genesis, isnt it? Without
bible, you won't have known anything call
God. I can understand your frustrations.
You have a very limited knowledge of God and of the scripture, but your utmost
obsession is contradicting whatever you
can't comprehend. Because Genesis' 6
days did not tally with 3 billion, it means
there is no God. I never read bible before I
know about the Creator aka God, so the mystery of the Creator is beyond human
(bible) description, the word to describe it
has not enter the lexicon of men. Bible is
the onalment of faith, it does not seek to
teach me geomorphology. Your obsession
is contradiction, not wisdom. The writer of Genesis candidly said, all 'secret things
belong to God, but what is revealed
belongs to us and our children'. This mean
some mysteries of God elude us, including
ancient bible writers, because they were
humans too. But you can be happy, son of Poseidon, laugh. If you like, cry.Your fooly is now apparent, you are
fighting a 'god that is created by the bible'
in the book of Genesis, isnt it? Without
bible, you won't have known anything call
God. I can understand your frustrations.
You have a very limited knowledge of God and of the scripture, but your utmost
obsession is contradicting whatever you
can't comprehend. Because Genesis' 6
days did not tally with 3 billion, it means
there is no God. I never read bible before I
know about the Creator aka God, so the mystery of the Creator is beyond human
(bible) description, the word to describe it
has not enter the lexicon of men. Bible is
the onalment of faith, it does not seek to
teach me geomorphology. Your obsession
is contradiction, not wisdom. The writer of Genesis candidly said, all 'secret things
belong to God, but what is revealed
belongs to us and our children'. This mean
some mysteries of God elude us, including
ancient bible writers, because they were
humans too. But you can be happy, son of Poseidon, laugh. If you like, cry.

What about the eating of the fruit that made Adam and Eve realized they were naked,yet we still have tribes that move about unclad, are those tribes immune to the effect of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil or those tribes are not descendants of Adam and Eve? What do you think?
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by 2prexios: 5:38pm On Nov 29, 2014
Dapo777:

What about the eating of the fruit that made Adam and Eve realized they were naked,yet we still have tribes that move about unclad, are those tribes immune to the effect of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil or those tribes are not descendants of Adam and Eve? What do you think?
I have answered you earlier na. This story happened to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. This other people, are they Adam and Eve living in the Garden of Eden too? If so, then we have a case of 'Adamic Piracy' in our hands. Please help grin
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
2prexios:
I have answered you earlier na. This story happened to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. This other people, are they Adam and Eve living in the Garden of Eden too? If so, then we have a case of 'Adamic Piracy' in our hands. Please help grin

So Adam is no longer the father of all nation?

How old are you first of all? undecided
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by 2prexios: 8:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
Dapo777:

So Adam is no longer the father of all nation?

How old are you first of all? undecided
Welcome to the farthest extent of your wit. Bye for now.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CAPTIVATOR: 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
dorox:

When you hear people give testimonies in church and make thanks giving to their pastor on account of their narrow escape from death, you get the sense that they are truly afraid of death.
If heaven is real and tangible to them, then their testimonies would have been of how they almost made it to heaven, and they would not be giving thaks for missing out on heaven.
Indeed, death is the enemy of all men, and the bible tells us that it is the last enemy that will be put under Jusus' feet. So until that time when the sting of death is no more, humas will continue to dread death for it is an enemy and not a friend that sends us to heaven on dying.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CAPTIVATOR: 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
dorox:

When you hear people give testimonies in church and make thanks giving to their pastor on account of their narrow escape from death, you get the sense that they are truly afraid of death.

If heaven is real and tangible to them, then their testimonies would have been of how they almost made it to heaven, and they would not be giving thaks for missing out on heaven.

Indeed, death is the enemy of all men, and the bible tells us that it is the last enemy that will be put under Jusus' feet. So until that time when the sting of death is no more, humas will continue to dread death for it is an enemy and not a friend that sends us to heaven on dying.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 10:02pm On Dec 27, 2014
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by kingkaspa: 11:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
zyzxx:
u ask a reasonable question sir.
We are in wicked world, where God as plan for us, devil also as plan. Wich we thank God it in vain in our life,
do u think all children dat comes to dis world are from God? Some are from rivers, forest and so on. For wicked purpose, maybe to make their parent cry and so on. May we never give birth to such children in jesus name amen. Our children will be from God amen.
This statement of yours is too naive. I believe you can give a better response to the question asked. It is this type of reasoning that drags humanity backward.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by Kay17: 12:57am On Dec 28, 2014
sinequanon:
I can find a REASONABLE explanation for such behavior, and I am not even religious. So, I would say that the main folly is trying to apply common logic to things transcendental.

From my own perspective, I would say that the word "afterlife" is a misnomer. The transcendental life is here now if we care to pay attention to it, and to within whatever limits we are able to while encumbered with our physical concerns. Implied is the insight that consciousness does not require the physical body, and the physical body does not entirely block transcendental experience.

In order for your words to have a clearer understanding, describe the underlying assumptions in your belief that human consciousness in the absence of the human body, is capable of existing on its own in a transcendental level; that is a level above the physical level.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by zyzxx(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
kingkaspa:
This statement of yours is too naive. I believe you can give a better response to the question asked. It is this type of reasoning that drags humanity backward.
provide ur own answer sir.

Apy sunday.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CAPTIVATOR: 8:27am On Mar 22, 2015
kingkaspa:

U ar Funny
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 5:28pm On Mar 30, 2015

Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 6:08pm On May 17, 2015
smiley
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by CANTICLES: 7:36pm On Jun 15, 2015
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by Mechejy: 1:20pm On Jan 12, 2018
CANTICLES:
I Read times without number how pastors gave out offerin money to arm robbers TO SAVE THEIR LIVE , AND AVOID DEATH !!! ..

I also see the so-called christians givin testimonies of how God save their lives from a particular danger !! Then i wonder " why should you thank God for taking away such a golden opportunity for you to be in heaven ;Just a gun shot&u are there !!" .

It wasnt long b4 i got the clue , i notice that if people have a good paying Job , Awesome car , nice house , comforting family ...They dont wanna talk about death !!!

If u tell such a rich &comfortable man "he will die tommorow" he will either curse u back or accuse u of cursin him ,is dat a curse ? Well its a curse bcoz there is one truth we all lack ,my mind went bak to my neighbours word,i cant just bliv its in the Bible "A Live dog is better off than a dead lion" Ask WHY?? It answers "for the living know that they will die;" but, pls relax as d truth explode...."AS For the dead, they know nothing at all"Ecc 9:4,5,10
Jesus tells us that life is greater than food and what we use to maintain it.God promised us long live.so untimely death is not guaranteed by God.if your parents and your siblings rely on you for thier upkeep, would you prefer dying young to make heaven? Is your type that backs them that train you in university for harlot as a wife.
Re: THE FOLLY Of Afterlife by mayorj(m): 10:01pm On Jan 12, 2018
I saw from a forum, where someone was trying to say there is no heaven nor hell. Although, there are many controversial issues that needed to be looked diligently into in order to keep the truth and defend it.

Prior to this time, I had heard many say the same. I sense I could give my opinion, or rather I will say definitely God's mind on this matter.

The below scripture should be read and well digested, especially vs 6 and 7.

The question is, if there is no hell or judgement, why will God ask Noah then to prepare an ark to save himself and his house? Why will someone so righteous like him be moved with fear to cry and tell as many of the coming danger, while he himself did not ignore his own salvation.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
11:2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.
11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
11:9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
11:11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
11:12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

[color=gray]It is not a bad thing to ask questions and desire to know what seems controversial. However, anyone that will come to God and eager to understand Him must be humble and simple.

Anyone who will see God must be calm and seek Him with all sincerity and determination. The best way God loves to interact with human is by His Word, and this will be easier if such man has a concrete relationship or communion with Him.

God being Who He is, is not surprised, moved nor intimidated by whatever anyone says against Him. We are the works of His hands, we are nothing but mere dust, only by His breath, we live.

Imagine, a man whose breath was given to him by God, cursing God and doing against the will of the Owner of his life. God knows that this man can only talk like this and brag all around just because he has breath in him. If I take My breath from him, he becomes dead, as nothing. His strength is gone, his pride disappears, he becomes naked (God thoughts).

Man will always be man. Look at a man who had everything he wanted for pleasure and says to himself, 'now I have all, my soul relax and enjoy all these pleasure that your hand has worked for (........reference from Luke12:16-21). He forgets that he is a stranger on earth, who will someday, either willingly or by forces beyond him, depart to where he belongs (hell or heaven).

A wise man acknowledges, buys the truth and not sell or despise it.

Jesus Christ's speech in John 8:31 - Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Whosoever will seek for the truth and accept it shall be made free. He shall be free from ignorance, free from deceit, from death, from destruction.

Now, what? Why take heed of what we hear and say? For by them, our lives are made up and shall be judged.

Anytime I hear 'HELL'. What comes to my mind is 'a place of total seperation from God'. A place of eternal destruction. No more remedy, no amount of prayers, heartfelt cry, can deliver from there. Infact, no more God. Total darkness, pain.....no good shall be smelled there, no not even, a finger drop of water......no relieve....no more hope...........forever and ever .........and ever.......unending.

What must now stop me from doing all I can while in this body to avoid such place? Why should I not give it all it takes, and not join the multitude of people that prefer to know the truth when it can no more help them?

When Jesus Christ my Lord and the Lord of all has said, that '.......strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able (Sourced from, Luke13:24). Why will I not cry unto God to help me and deliver me from eternal death?

Why should I allow the enemy in me to deceive me and rob me eternally. If I was robbed of money, clothings, I can get them back, but what will I use in exchange for my soul if lost.

I must therefore surrender to God. I must accept that I have an enemy, who want me to be his escout unto his own destination. For God shall judge all disobedience. His wrath is reserved to the appointed day, when the righteous shall be seperated from the wicked.

Again I know by the scriptures, 1John3:8, that whosoever sinneth is of the devil, no matter who the person is; a pastor, a Goodman....? For the devil is the pioneer of sin, and this nature of his, [b]THE SELF/FALLEN NATURE/SIN/SATAN INSPIRED NATURE [/b]worketh in all human born of woman that has not being regenerated or birthed anew from above (John3:3,5,6,30-32).

What? Should I not believe that there is a heaven and hell? When the devil himself knows this and does all he could to deceive, as in the beginning in the garden of Eden, that many might end up where he has chosen for himself.

What more evidence do I need? Shall I neglect so great a salvation spoken by the Lord Himself and confirmed by they that heard Him, and believe that as long as I don't do evil, all is well?

Should I not sense a danger? When my uncircumcised heart and mind planned to deceive and slay me. Telling me that since I don't kill, steal, lie, I have no need of JESUS CHRIST, who is the only hope God Himself has set before us, from which we have a great consolation and encouragement. Should I keep silent, and say I am good, when God said all flesh on earth had corrupt his ways. There is none that doeth good, not even one? (reference from Rom3:11 to 31, Genesis6:12)

Should I not embrace with all passion in me, Jesus Christ and follow Him, who has lightened me into this world? (refer to John 1:9)

For love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame.
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.
(Source: Songs of Solomon8:6-7).

Should I listen to the deceit of our days and fall headlong by it?

Surely, I could have. But I, like a merchant looking for goodly pearls of great price;

Have found one, of invaluable price, tried and sure, worthy to sell all things for.
I have found Him sent for my deliverance and salvation.
I have found a compassionate High Priest.

I have found One who bare my sins in His OWN BODY, that while I was an enemy, while I was useless, without value, sold unto SIN, under a cruel master (the devil), whose only reward for me is to steal, kill and eventually destroy me.

Yea, I have found One , being God in nature, approved of God, who took the fall, and thought of me, and my wretchedness above all.

And I know in a little way, what it means to suffer for the sake of another; definitely a beloved, in your own body. For no man would dare to die for another who does not love him. In contrast, that even He did for me, an enemy.

Oh, how could it be that I should gain an interest in the Saviour's precious and innocent blood?

In this I conclude: who shall I desire to see? What shall I look for in heaven and earth? For what shall I knock the door of heavens? or rather who do I look for, when I kneel to knock on heaven's door? Who do I predetermine in my heart to see, as I 'flip' through the pages of the scriptures? Riches? Blessings.........what suites me?

NO! Only JESUS CHRIST!!.........The Fullness of God in bodily form.

Whether there be riches, power, wisdom, they will all end. All other things are vanity as concluded by Solomon, the King, but this MAN is from everlasting to everlasting. His dominion has no end. All things are created by Him and for Him. He is before all things, and shall be after all things.

He is ever near than we think. Seek Him, and you will find Him. Labour to have Him, and you shall regret your lingering actions before now.

If any lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. (James1:5).

He waits that you might decide in your heart to come after Him. He will never force anyman, yet He will that all simply obey.

Grace and Peace be enriched by Christ Jesus. Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HELP!!! i am suffering from lust in my dreams / T B Joshua Allegedly Married Off His Daughter Secretly To Avoid Scandal / How TB Jousha Was Rejected By CAN,PFN Till His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.