Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (369736 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gbadexy(m): 8:31pm On Jan 27, 2015
Originalsly:
The LCC oncologist and other doctors had to know this....but still re ommended chemo. I first thought they were all bandits...now I know they ae vultures...ruthless...money first anything else after. Any other way forward but chemo.
Gbam! They still want to extort as much as possible by recommending chemo so far they collect the money.

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
Pls o, no chemo without palliative therapy.

As originally kept on hammering on this,i had to check it up. It will help if lots of us check it up too.
I know that some treatments r combining for some ailments. This might be one of them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gbadexy(m): 8:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
Winneygirl:
This thread grows fast I cannot keep up.
Seems like one suggestion on alternative therapy has been turned down already. Cant say. Couldn't read d over 20 pages that added today.
I know of a Pax herbal centre in Ewu, in Edo state.
It was set up by Monks, and I know that they have been into pharmacological and botanical research for up to 20 years.
I read their book, Nature Power written by Fr. Anselm Adodo.
There's also another, Herbs for Healing which doesnt seem to be in circulation anymore. They do publish magazines though I haven't laid hands on any recently.
I know they do have drugs that are Nafdac registered...and they have received commendations for the work they do.
I know of 2 people who have benefitted from there. One had skin cancer, the other breast cancer. They are both alive and well today.
I hope someone here can verify this info. Pax Herbal centre at d Benedictine Monastery in Ewu, Edo state.
They have an outlet besides st dominic church in yaba along herbert macaulay road.
They give herbal mixtures and do general checkup with a machine much like acupunture with tips like pen to check sensitive nerve points on the hand to give diagnosis.
When my mum was still in the service, they came to their office and she told me too to go there for checkup.
l just spoke to her for their address and she gave me the name of the church where they have shops around the area.
cant guranty of the effectiveness of their medication though.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Winneygirl(f): 9:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
gbadexy:

They have an outlet besides st dominic church in yaba along herbert macaulay road.
They give herbal mixtures and do general checkup with a machine much like acupunture with tips like pen to check sensitive nerve points on the hand to give diagnosis.
When my mum was still in the service, they came to their office and she told me too to go there for checkup.
l just spoke to her for their address and she gave me the name of the church where they have shops around the area.
cant guranty of the effectiveness of their medication though.
Thanks for taking a look at this.
For a case like this, I will like to contact their Main clinic where they apply their works and knw what it'll take for them to look at this case as I think it is beyond what their various outlets can handle. This place you talked about can point us in the right direction.
So please, if anyone can get more info, it'll be appreciated.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Bigdreams(m): 9:14pm On Jan 27, 2015
DJ, I never knew you from Adam but you are my brother because God created us.

This one thing I say by the power in the name of Jesus and the never retrogressing efficacy of the blood of Jesus, I lean upon the cross and speak under the authority of the Holy Ghost that every arrow of terminal illness fired into your life should catch fire and jump out in Jesus name.

I plead that your sins be forgiven in Jesus name. I also plead that every ancestral sin from your father or mother's side serving as a legal ground for your life to be engaged in demonic warfare be cleansed with the blood of Jesus.

I also pray that the angels of God will begin surgical operation in your life RIGHT NOW and remove EVERY CANCEROUS CELL in your body in Jesus.

Because there is balm in Gilead, I command that every pain in your body disappear in Jesus name.

On this same thread, we will come and give glory to God for saving your life.

IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME I HAVE PRAYED. AMEN!

17 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by maclatunji: 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
Can Chinese Herbal Medicine Treat Cancer? The Research Says Yes

A large scale review of research by Australia and Chinese University scientists has proved with thousands of studies using hundreds of thousands of cancer patients that Chinese herbal medicine offers significant treatment for most types of cancers - including breast cancer.

The research comes from Australia's University of Western Sydney and the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine. The researchers analyzed and reviewed 2,964 human clinical studies that involved 253,434 cancer patients. Among these were 2,385 randomized controlled studies and 579 non-randomized controlled studies.

These studies covered most of the cancer types, but the cancers most studied were lung cancer, liver cancer, stomach cancer, breast cancer, esophageal cancer, colorectal cancer and nasopharyngeal (throat and sinus) cancer. Yes, breast cancer was the fourth most-studied type of cancer among these thousands of clinical studies.

The researchers discovered that the overwhelming majority of studies – 90% of the clinical studies - utilized herbal medicine.

The researchers found that 72% of these studies applied Traditional Chinese Medicine alongside conventional treatment, but a full 28% applied Traditional Chinese Medicine separately to experimental groups.

In terms of cancer patients, about 64% were given both TCM and conventional medical treatments. The rest were given TCM therapy alone, but a little over half of them did not qualify whether the patient was given conventional treatment at some point in the past.

Because of the large number of studies, there were different types of results, depending upon the type of study, the type of treatment, and the outcome measures tested. Still, in a full 1,015 studies or 85% of those that reported on symptoms, TCM treatment resulted in improvement of cancer symptoms with many of those reporting reduced pain. Another 883 studies – 70% – showed increased survival rates. Another 38% showed reduced tumor size, and 28% showed increased quality of life. Another 19% showed lower relapse rates and another 7% showed reduced complications.

The researchers also found that only a few studies tested TCM acupuncture treatment in cancer therapy. In their discussion they qualified that acupuncture treatment in cancer therapy to alleviate pain is quite popular in the U.S., but in Chinese cancer studies, herbal medicine therapy is the leading type of holistic treatment for cancer.

This study follows another extensive review of research published in 2012 on TCM cancer treatment. This study comes from Norway's National Research Center in Complementary and Alternative Medicine and the University of Tromsø, Norway, also with collaboration with the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine.

This earlier study reviewed significantly fewer studies, compiling 716 trials that included 1,198 cancer patients with either leukemia, stomach cancer, liver cancer or esophageal cancer.

Among these studies, 98.5% used herbal medicine, and again, acupuncture therapy was rare. In this study, symptom improvement was achieved in 85% of the patients that used the TCM therapy.

In yet another study - this one much larger than the second - 1,217 clinical studies between 1958 and 2011, involving 92,945 patients were analyzed and reviewed by researchers from the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine. Among these studies, 66% of the patients were treated with TCM therapy alone, while 34% of the patients were treated with a combination of TCM and conventional cancer therapy. Also, 82% of the patients were given herbal medicines orally.

Only 5% of the patients were given more than one type of TCM therapy. This means that 95% were treated with only one type of TCM therapy - typically with a precise combination of herbs.

This study found that among the studies treating cancer, symptom relief was the prominent result among 88% of the studies and among 88% of the patients tested with TCM therapy. Increased survival rates resulted in 73% of patients. Among all the rest of the studies, 96% of the trials resulted in symptom relief and 92% of the patients reported cancer symptom relief.

Did we get this right? Was that 88% and 92% symptom improvement or relief among thousands of studies and nearly 100,000 cancer patients? And 85% improvement of cancer symptoms among 716 clinical studies? And 85% symptom improvement among 1,015 clinical studies among a review involving over 250,000 cancer patients that tested the effectiveness of Chinese herbal medicine against cancer?

It sounds pretty solid that Chinese herbal medicine does indeed treat cancer and overwhelmingly results in the improvement or relief of symptoms as well as longer survival rates and reduced metastases.

Now why again is Western conventional medicine still refusing to at least consider herbal medicine therapy in cancer treatment? Could there be a profit motive involved? Could it have to do with the fact that herbal medicines cannot be patented? In other words, is Western conventional medicine ignoring inexpensive natural treatments that could help millions of cancer patients simply because of profits?

Source: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/can-chinese-herbal-medicine-treat-cancer-research-says-yes?page=2

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gbadexy(m): 9:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
How can dj have access to chinese herbal treatment.
perhaps a site where online purchase can be done would be helpful.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Originalsly: 10:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
Winneygirl:
This thread grows fast I cannot keep up.
Seems like one suggestion on alternative therapy has been turned down already. Cant say. Couldn't read d over 20 pages that added today.
I know of a Pax herbal centre in Ewu, in Edo state.
It was set up by Monks, and I know that they have been into pharmacological and botanical research for up to 20 years. I know of 2 people who have benefitted from there. One had skin cancer, the other breast cancer. They are both alive and well today.
I hope someone here can verify this info. Pax Herbal centre at d Benedictine Monastery in Ewu, Edo state.
This is progress....anyone from Edo?....or can contact someone from Edo to update us on this? Please?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Just20(f): 10:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
Dear heavenly Father I bless your name for who you are. You have never failed me. Your faithfulness is sure. You brought DJdola into my life for such a time as this. I plead for mercy on behalf of him. Heal him dear Lord, you hold all power in your hands and there is nothing too hard for you. Thank you because I believe that you have heard my prayer. In Jesus name, Amen.

@DJdola it is well with you brother

7 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Originalsly: 10:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
@gbadexy...you know a lot!....but like if we don't raise an issue you not talking! What else you know about alternative treatments?...come on bro.....spit it out...right now!
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Funjosh(m): 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
Nothing is too hard for God to do.

4 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by semitunde: 11:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
gbadexy:
i'm really curious why cancer seems to be rampant now.

Fast foods

Everything imported.

Engineered foods

Nothing natural.

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by bebe2(f): 12:22am On Jan 28, 2015
semitunde:

Fast foods

Everything imported.

Engineered foods

Nothing natural.

hmmm, maybe.

diagnosis is getting better thats one of the reasons.

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 28, 2015
semitunde:

Fast foods

Everything imported.

Engineered foods

Nothing natural.

Toxic wastes
Fertilizers and pesticides
Hormones in farm animals
Additives and preservatives in food
Pollution in the environment
I have my fears about the number of generators and the dangerous fumes in the air in Nigeria

I have warned everyone I know of that dangerous drug they take for typhoid called chloramphenicol
The way people take it in Nigeria is alarming
The incidence of aplastic anemia in Nigeria is alarming,chloramphenicol must be part of the culprit.

The other thing I warn folks,keep away from Chinese foods and their products
The Chinese sadly are a group of people without conscience
Many of their products contain harmful substances that can kill
Many of their products are pulled from the market in the USA and banned from time to time including deadly dog food,baby formula,toys laced with lead paint.
I have always been very uncomfortable with the romance Nigeria has with China
I am afraid they may be dumping all their rejected products they can't sell anywhere else in Nigeria and Africa
I have written this on this forum a long time ago
America has standards and these dangerous products are detected
Nigeria has no standards

Keep away from those Chinese food spices
Anything beyond maggi and thyme and curry ( not made in China o), I don't put in any foods I cook
I went home and they got me all these satchet products and flavor enhancers with Chinese letters,I threw them all away

20 Likes 11 Shares

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 1:35am On Jan 28, 2015
I am older than most of you
I don't know how many can remember the Koko chemical waste saga sometime ago in Bendel state back then

A company somewhere in Obodo Oyibo was looking for where to dispose their cancer causing chemical waste products far away from their country,that shipment of waste ends up in a village called Koko in old Bendel state .
People cried out but it was too late
Someone has probably collected money and gave them a piece of land to dump their waste endangering everyone in that community.
This waste will sip into the ground,will contaminate crops,contaminate water from your boreholes
I bet you that is not the only incidence of its kind
I wonder if any studies were done there all these years on this.
I never followed up on that story.
There are no standards in Nigeria so I believe hazardous wastes that are handled as such here are dumped or incinerated in the open in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Funjosh(m): 3:32am On Jan 28, 2015
Am even scared of the way people take herbal mixture from those hawkers, the way our youth take imported energy drink some are even without NAFDAC number lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Originalsly: 3:57am On Jan 28, 2015
Hmmm....causes of cancer sure touch Babyosisi nerves!....but we should hang on every word she said above...it is the truth. My addition...all these mosquito and insect sprays we so proudly use and boast of their effectiveness in killing the intended targets but not realising we are also killing ourselves slowly. Most are carcinogens....cancer causing. Those who have ears......

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 4:24am On Jan 28, 2015
Originalsly:
Hmmm....causes of cancer sure touch Babyosisi nerves!....but we should hang on every word she said above...it is the truth. My addition...all these mosquito and insect sprays we so proudly use and boast of their effectiveness in killing the intended targets but not realising we are also killing ourselves slowly. Most are carcinogens....cancer causing. Those who have ears......

And the killer carcinogen there is benzene
It is found in many products like insecticides ,cigarette smokes,many industries use products that contain benzene especially plastic industries which is big business in Nigeria churning out those gift items they give at owanbe and similar parties. grin
People who work in many manufacturing plants are exposed to benzene and it's link to cancer is well documented
Nigeria has no testing standards and regulations to these things
Even if they do,no one enforces it

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by gbadexy(m): 7:17am On Jan 28, 2015
Originalsly:
@gbadexy...you know a lot!....but like if we don't raise an issue you not talking! What else you know about alternative treatments?...come on bro.....spit it out...right now!
Nothing o.. Those catholic run herbal treatment was just a one time event. i just had to oblige my mum.
The only alternate treatment i take is the refined oroki herbak mixture or ajase pokipoki with nafdac registration once in a while for jedi, lol.
l absolutely have total believe in conventional medicine though. alternate could best be used for preventive or complementary.
During my project, we got together most of these herbs used by locals for treatment and extracted their oils and placed them besides cultured micro organisms to see how effective they were in preventing growth of the microbes and which were more effective for a specific microbe and generally.
So in essense, we would have determined the most effective of. the herbs and thats the same approach pharmaceutical companies would use to try even all the herbs used in alternative treatment to find best suitable for a treatment of an ailment in addition to synthesising drugs too following rigorous tests.
But there is no denying that there would be many secret herbs passed down generations that conventional pharmaceutical companies are not aware of. There are almost countless of different plants.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 28, 2015
Its not just the chinese . . Nigerians themselves are not innocent in all of this.

Charity begins from home and the Chinese know that some dodgy Nigerians will accept anything and turn a blind eye, hence they send us rubbish.

I heard recently that Some Nigerian fishermen dump Gamalin 20 (a poison) into rivers so that the fish float to the surface so they can have a large volume of catch. They then catch the fish and these contaminated fish land on our tables.

Almost all the fake drugs that enter Nigeria are imported by Nigerians themselves.

We forget that what goes round comes around and everyone suffers from these things.

One day we will get a honest and responsible Govt that genuingly cares about their people and not just their pockets . . . one day by Gods Grace.

It is well.

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by aboki2000(m): 8:43am On Jan 28, 2015
DJDOLA:
PLS TEHN DON'T GIVE UP ON ME sadPLS TEHN DON'T GIVE UP ON ME
DJ don't worry even if TeHN or all nairalanders decided to give up on u , Remember that God is always with you ..
You must LIVE to testify the goodness of Almighty God in your life Healthily ...

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by semitunde: 10:47am On Jan 28, 2015
babyosisi:

Toxic wastes
Hormones in farm animals
I have my fears about the number of generators and the dangerous fumes in the air in Nigeria

I have warned everyone I know of that dangerous drug they take for typhoid called chloramphenicol
The incidence of aplastic anemia in Nigeria is alarming,chloramphenicol must be part of the culprit.

Many of their products are pulled from the market in the USA and banned from time to time including deadly dog food,baby formula,toys laced with lead paint.
I am afraid they may be dumping all their rejected products they can't sell anywhere else in Nigeria and Africa
Nigeria has no standards

Anything beyond maggi and thyme and curry ( not made in China o), I don't put in any foods I cook
I went home and they got me all these satchet products and flavor enhancers with Chinese letters,I threw them all away

Its so bad, the only vegetables you trust are the ones grown in your backyard.

Ewedu that one can buy and will stay like 3 days fresh without preservation, do that now and the next day its all withered, watery and brown- too much fertilizing agents, chemicals.

We all put on our ac in the car to keep the air cool and keep out the noise, we do same at home to keep out the generator noise and fumes, as if we won't all come out to breathe same air.

We wonder why places like lekki generally have a higher temperature range to other places in Lagos, well put on your ac one more time and you'll find out why. You step out of the your chilled car and your skin feels like its burning, well other people put on their car ACs too and the heat from all that has got to go somewhere! grin

I can tell you that if you bring a harmful substance into this country and you have the right connections or money, you will sell the products. What will probably stop you will be someone dying or something.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by nora544: 10:56am On Jan 28, 2015
babyosisi:

Toxic wastes
Hormones in farm animals

Nigeria has no standards

I have to tell you that not america has the highest standard of food it is europa because we don't want gen manipulated food.
america gives nothing if they keep that the air is clean together with china this both countries only want to make profit.
Which country didnot want that all countries should work together that the world wwill have a better air this are china and america so america is not this good country.
America and monsanto read about it in my country we don't want products from monsanto, he have a very high qualitiy level for food.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by noordean(m): 11:02am On Jan 28, 2015
Jst have the faith and almighty Allah will heal u. I'll nt 4get u in my five daily prayers

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Originalsly: 12:30pm On Jan 28, 2015
Gbad...I hear you! Back to the matter at hand....still waiting....anyone can make connections/give us info about thde alternative treatment centre in Edo? We are looking for a way out...please.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by olu4life(m): 1:06pm On Jan 28, 2015
@r231 any feedback from LCC ?
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
Originalsly:
Gbad...I hear you! Back to the matter at hand....still waiting....anyone can make connections/give us info about thde alternative treatment centre in Edo? We are looking for a way out...please.
I heard that eating of Garlic in high consumption can cure stage 4 cancer of any type.

Cc babyosisi
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
babyosisi:

Nigeria has no standards

There are more people with cancer in usa than china. As a matter of fact usa is in the top 10 of countries with the highest rate of cancer.
I don't buy that your chinese food nonsense.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2015
hofn:

There are more people with cancer in usa than china. As a matter of fact usa is in the top 10 of countries with the highest rate of cancer.
I don't buy that your chinese food nonsense.
whether its chinese or american food just try and reduce the amount of processed food you eat.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 28, 2015
chaircover:
Its not just the chinese . . Nigerians themselves are not innocent in all of this.

Charity begins from home and the Chinese know that some dodgy Nigerians will accept anything and turn a blind eye, hence they send us rubbish.

I heard recently that Some Nigerian fishermen dump Gamalin 20 (a poison) into rivers so that the fish float to the surface so they can have a large volume of catch. They then catch the fish and these contaminated fish land on our tables.

Almost all the fake drugs that enter Nigeria are imported by Nigerians themselves.

We forget that what goes round comes around and everyone suffers from these things.

One day we will get a honest and responsible Govt that genuingly cares about their people and not just their pockets . . . one day by Gods Grace.

It is well.

You are so correct
I googled and read up that old story about the Koko waste of Bendel state
It was a man from that locality that collected money and gave the Italian company that piece of land to dump their harzadous waste and there were customs officials who renamed the containers of waste as legitimate products in other to allow them entry and passage
The story only came to light when an Italian newspaper and newspapers around the world cried out that such waste was being sent to Africa
Only then did the IBB administration start investigations
We are our own worst enemies
Igbos say that it is the house rat that tells the bushrat that there is fish in the basket

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (168)

What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.