Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,448 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:07 AM

Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month (585640 Views)

Major Causes Of Sleepless Night. / Is It Possible For A Girl To See Her Period Twice In A Month? / Period Twice In A Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by Evangelin: 11:37am On Mar 25, 2009
Dear readers,

Please i need your help cos i saw my period twice this month at an interval of one week i.e i saw the first one on march 9th and stopped on 13 th march but to my greatest surprise i saw it again on 18th march when i supposed to be on my ovualtion period.

Please may i know the cause so as to take the necessary action cos am a married woman who desire to be a mother.

Thanks for your kind and urgent response.

Evy
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by MrsOyibo(f): 5:15pm On Mar 25, 2009
Hi Evy,

There are a number of things that could cause you to have your period twice in one month. It might be stress induced or it could be a hormonal inbalance or it could even have been a very very early miscarriage. Whatever the reason, if you are worried I would suggest that you go see your doctor or gynae and have a check up. If you have been experiencing bleeding after sex, pain after sex or pain/bleeding when using the toilet then go to your doctor immediately!

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by Evangelin: 8:33am On Mar 26, 2009
Thank you Mrs Oyibo for your wonderful advice and direction. You are really a good mother. I appreciate.
Thanks

Evy.

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by carnal: 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2009
I would also advise that you do thorough medical check up for any kind of infection,also you can do HSG to confirm that your fallopian tubes are open since you mentioned that you have been married for over two years and not sign of pregnancy,pls i want to advise you to do whatever you have to quickly

2 Likes

Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by Evangelin: 10:00am On Mar 30, 2009
Hi carnal,

Thanks a milliontimes for your advice. I did HSG last year and my fallapian tubes we okey and the two tubes were visual seen and normal. The problem now i dont know whether am ovulating or not. COuld you please, advice me on fertility drugs that induce ovualtion which is not harmful cos i learnt that clomid do have after effect (cancer). Please i need your advice.

ThANK You and may God bless you.

EVY
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by carnal: 10:25am On Mar 30, 2009
first you need to confirm if you ovulate,you can know these by either buying predicte (instructions to use is on pack)to confirm yourself or visit your doctor who will assist you to confirm

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by Evangelin: 2:29pm On Mar 30, 2009
Dear Carnal,

Thanks once more for your kind attention an urgent reply. I will just do that and revert back to u.

Thanks again.

Evy
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by carnal: 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2009
I will like you to send me a private mail on anjola9ja@yahoo.com,lets discuss these more and I shall shed more lights and also advise on more medications that you can try out.however when last did your husband run any kind of check to ascertain himself?
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by staglo(f): 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2009
Please see the doctor ASAP.
It  might be stress realted, or are you on family planning of some sort.
It might be implantation bleeding, you may have taking in .
do ask your doctor
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by platinumnk(f): 9:22pm On Nov 09, 2009
its weird but it happens, it sometimes happens to my sister.

never happens to me though, because of stress I might not see my period for months. The longest it was 6 months.

go see a doctor though.
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by nellaluv(f): 9:59pm On Nov 09, 2009
Are u female or lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by nellaluv(f): 9:59pm On Nov 09, 2009
^ ^ Are u female or lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by SeanT21(f): 9:29am On Nov 11, 2009
nellaluv:

^ ^ Are u female or lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

She is a female.
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by whiteroses(f): 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2009
the second one is cramping
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by kandiikane(m): 1:56am On Jun 22, 2011
I know this post was in 2009 but I'm going to post some information for those who might still be looking for answers

The most common reason for bleeding twice in one calendar month occurs when a normal period begins on the first or second day of the month, and then another arrives at the very end; because the normal cycle length (from the first day of one to the first day of the next) ranges from 23 to 35 days, this can allow two perfectly normal periods to arrive in the same calendar month. Most of the time, however, when women talk about having two periods in a month, they are not referring to this circumstance. Often they mean they are starting a period every two weeks or so -- certainly less than the 23-day interval that is considered within the normal range.
Anything that can disrupt the delicate hormonal dance that produces ovulation can lead to either skipped periods or periods that come too often. Hormonal imbalance as a cause of frequent periods is often seen as a woman nears menopause. Thyroid dysfunction may also be a factor.
Another reasons for twice-a-month periods is abnormal thickening of the uterine lining. This thickening can be due to hormonal imbalance or to taking estrogen without a progesterone medication as well; estrogen causes the uterine lining to proliferate and become thick and lush, while progesterone thins out the lining; a balance between these two hormones is necessary to ensure regular, moderate periods.
Polyps (projections of tissue that protrude into the uterine cavity) or fibroids that impinge on the uterine cavity may also cause irregular periods. In this case, the uterine lining tissue that overlies these projections is less stable, increasing the chance that it will be shed at an inappropriate time. Also, fibroids and polyps increase the surface area of the uterine lining, often leading to prolonged and heavier bleeding.
If your periods are coming less than 23 days apart (counted from the beginning of one to the beginning of the next), then you should see your gynecologist. A biopsy may be necessary to rule out an abnormal thickening of the uterine lining. Blood tests may be done to assess hormone levels. Most of the time the reason for frequent bleeding is benign, but occasionally the problem can be more serious; for this reason, and because excess bleeding can lead to anemia, too-frequent periods must be investigated.

Source:Ivillage

4 Likes

Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by TRUSERVE: 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2012
I experienced the same problem last month and when i wanted to consult the doctor some girls said that it's not even necessary because is something that happens sometimes. to my suprise ever since i was born this is is happening to me the first time.
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by Bisjosh(f): 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2012
Can toilet infection also cause this? This happened to my cousin today. She saw her period 2 weeks after the previous shocked She's in panic though she went to see a doctor and he ran a scan on her. The result showed that there is nothing wrong with her angry What could be the cause of this please sad embarassed cry
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by rukayatd: 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2012
Is it normal not to see ur menstral period after 5mnths of delivery
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by Michelle76: 4:52pm On May 30, 2013
I'm 36 years old and I started my period this morning for the second time this month. I have no kids. I've had 2 abortions when I was 33 and 35. I had sex with my boyfriend on May 20 and May 27 twice and May 28. We didn't use protection he always pull out. I went exercising at 12:30 at the gym this morning and ran and walked for an hour and about 15 min. I woke and I had to pee and I was bleeding. Why am I starting my period. I workout every week. I missed 6 days of working out because I've been busy.
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by SpicyMimi(f): 11:09am On May 31, 2013
It also depppends on what ever drink u took.
I can remeber same happened to me the first time I drank Malt mixed with liquid milk, nd I also ve a frd who drinks *gin* am nt sure bt its transparent in colour...she drinks it anytime she needs to Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ her period on time, before the real date.
Re: Causes Of Seeing Menstrual Period Twice A Month by tegabetty: 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2013
@Doc tanks for all dis info but pls I'll like us 2 discuss further. The mail u uploaded isn't functioning, can u kindly upload one dats functionin so we can communicate thru mails. Tanks a lot

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Postinor 2 - How Effective Is It? / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available / How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.