Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate (1256 Views)

See Photos Of The Woman Who Cried As Buhari Received His Certificate From INEC / Fake LLM Degree Sends Nipss Boss Packing / What Is Nipss/kuru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by RICHIEBOI1(m): 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2008
i just heard in the news this afternoon that president yar'ädua has just ordered the director of studies at (NIPSS) kuru, jos to immediately give mallam nuhu ribadu and mr briggs thier gratuation certificate immediately.
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by McKren(m): 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2008
For the sake of our country I hope he has.

He needs to also order the immediate sack of Mike Aondoakaa if he must be taken seriously.

Otherwise this is simply an exercise to save face.
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 24, 2008
No matter how evil, strong and corrupt the nigerian leadership might be; it will only take a very big fool not to realize that the treatment given to Ribadu at NIPSS Kuru will backfire.
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by inquisitiv: 5:50pm On Nov 24, 2008
yeah, we can

we can force these evil men out of power

we can watch and make sure the country does not go to the dogs

one victory won

next Mr Anaconda the AGF and WALHZ the EFCC mada should resign

i heard they arrested him because he has some files on the corrupt peopl, personal files

Ribadu is my man

YES WE CAN
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by Muza(m): 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2008
RICHIE BOI:

i just heard in the news this afternoon that president yar'ädua has just ordered the director of studies at (NIPSS) kuru, jos to immediately give mallam nuhu ribadu and mr briggs their gratuation certificate immediately.

Guy,you are such a rumor monger.Where did u here this? which news? angry
Hiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssss! angry
If you dont have anything truthful to say keep quiet.
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by IykeD1(m): 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2008
This news is true, you can check out the news alert from: http://leadership.nigeriannewsservice.com/

For what its worth, I must say it was the right call to make. How do you as an organization (NPF) send your
staff for a year's training at the nation's premier "strategic institute" and then go about making sure that same
staff does not attend the graduation ceremony even after completing his course work? How dumb can that be? Even if you wanted to arrest him, you couldn't wait for the ceremony to be concluded? Why am I even bothering
asking?
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by cre8tivity(f): 8:35pm On Nov 24, 2008
yaradua has do what a president should have done, but i hope ribadu clearly reads the writing on the wall, these people will finish him if he doesn't slow down and use his head correctly. he needs to chill-out for his own good.
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 24, 2008
Iyke-D:

Why am I even bothering
asking?

right you shouldnt be surprised. the average Nigerian policeman is a brain-dead individual, stuck with the eke job cos he's otherwise useless to the society. animals
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by IykeD1(m): 9:21pm On Nov 24, 2008

yaradua has do what a president should have done, but i hope ribadu clearly reads the writing on the wall, these people will finish him if he doesn't slow down and use his head correctly. he needs to chill-out for his own good.

I am not sure what you are asking Ribadu to do. Ask yourself, if these block heads were thinking, wouldn't have it been best to leave him alone with his promotion, after all he wasn't the one that promoted himself? What are they really trying to gain harassing a man that has done more to bring some credibility to the police force in Nigeria than the IG and the rest of the clowns combined?

Secondly, should the EFCC be focusing so much energy on Ribadu for what ever reason or should they be going after real criminals? If the EFCC which he built and the police force is after him, are you saying he shouldn't seek the help of the courts to at least ensure that his rights are protected?

If you ask me, the biggest mistake Ribadu made was risking his life serving his country as the EFCC chairman.
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 24, 2008
President Yar'adua had 8-point agenda not 7

the 8TH? Operation destroy Ribadu.

Well he certainly declared a state of emergency on his 8th agenda
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 25, 2008
cre8tivity:

To you, just like most nigerians, being a coward is the best way to go. To Ribadu and a few well meaning nigerians; staying true to the course makes them feel good and that my friend is what is good for Ribadu and the future Nigeria.

Go ahead Ribadu, you cant give up now; nigeria cannot be redeemed if no one is willing to make a serous sacrifice like you.
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:42am On Nov 25, 2008
Muza:

Guy,you are such a rumor monger.Where did u here this? which news? angry
Hiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssss! angry
If you don't have anything truthful to say keep quiet.

the best answer for a fool is silence. thank god i have been vindicated cool
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by Mustay(m): 10:41am On Nov 25, 2008
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by PeeDaVinci: 10:46am On Nov 25, 2008
and see oooo, the stupid presidency is denying knowlegde of what happened on Saturday, while the vice President was there at the Kuru representing the President himself!!!! Who do they think they are fooling, nigerians or their bony asss!!!!
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by cre8tivity(f): 2:38pm On Nov 25, 2008
my friend nuzo, let me first correct myself: i said, yaradua has done what a great president should have done, but ribadu must recognize that releasing his certificate means nothing. it is open to the public that many are against this man. and the last time i checked this is still nigeria we are talking about. the way things go down in this country, it is a matter of time, if ribadu doesn't slow down, re-group and understand what he's up against, i'm afraid, he will just be another forgotten warrior, just like the rest. sometimes one has to be smart and pick a better fight. this fight is not the right one for ribadu.
my advise to him will be to relax and allow things to come together instinctively. forcing things and being unreasonably obstinate to his bosses would only damage his case and further make himself look devious.
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by cre8tivity(f): 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2008
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/"
Ribadu shuns police invitation, risks sack
By MURPHY GANAGANA, Abuja
Tuesday, November 25, 2008

•Nuhu Ribadu
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Despite the Federal Government’s directive to the management of the National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), to release his certificate of participation for the one year course he attended at the elite institution, which was rounded off last Saturday, reprieve has not come the way of former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, who has been swimming in troubled waters since his unceremonious exit from office.

Besides three queries hanging on his neck at the Police Headquarters in Abuja, the embattled ex-EFCC boss now risks sack over his alleged failure to honour an invitation by the Force authorities on Monday.

Ribadu, according to top police sources, was invited to the Kam Salem building along with other police officers who attended the NIPSS to submit their projects.
According to the sources, the other NIPSS graduates honoured the invitation for the routine project submission, but the ex-EFCC boss stayed away.

It was gathered that Ribadu ostensibly saw the invitation as a ploy by the police authorities to arrest and make him answer to the queries earlier issued him, but which he ignored.
Indeed, Daily Sun further learnt that had he appeared at the Force Headquarters, Ribadu would have been taken to task on why he decided not to respond to the queries issued him, with a senior police source saying," he made it look like he doesn’t see himself as a police officer any longer."
Another issue the former EFCC chairman would have been made to respond to was petition a foreign donor agency sent through the police authorities, asking Ribadu to explain how funds it donated to the anti-graft agency were utilized.

Besides his troubles with the police, the EFCC has commenced investigation into choice properties located in Abuja, the United Kingdom and Dubai, which are allegedly owned by him. This is even as the anti-graft agency is also probing into assets recovered from suspects convicted of corruption by the courts, as well as records of sale of such assets.

The development is coming on the heels of a declaration by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) to the effect that the erstwhile EFCC boss did not declare his assets as statutorily required before, during and after he left office as helmsman of the anti-corruption commission.

In a letter dated October 24, 2008 and addressed to the EFCC Chairman, Mrs. Farida Waziri, the Code of Conduct Bureau categorically stated that "from our records, there is no evidence to show that Mallam Nuhu Ribadu declared his assets during his tenure as EFCC Chairman."

Enclosed in the letter, signed by Chief Ikechi Iwuagwu, on behalf of chairman of the CCB, was a Certified True Copy of Assets Declaration Form in respect of Mallam Ribadu, just as it explained that it could not comment on a request for assets declaration by one Mr. Jimmy Lawal, as he is not a public officer, and therefore, outside the purview of the Bureau.

The CCB’s clarification followed a request by the EFCC through a letter reference CR:3000/EFCC/X/ABJ/BF2/VOL.31/87, dated October 21, 2008, in which authorities of the anti-graft agency sought clarification on assets declared by Ribadu in furtherance of investigations over choice properties allegedly owned by him.

Dependable sources close to the EFCC told Daily Sun that the on-going probe into his assets was necessitated by a petition written to the agency by two legal practitioners, alleging that Ribadu was involved in several sleazy deals, the proceeds of which he might have used in acquiring posh houses at the highbrow Maitama District of Abuja, London , and Dubai . It was further gathered that Ribadu may be dragged before the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), on charges of official misconduct and corruption.

Specifically, the petitioners pointed at a duplex on No. 18, Mambilla Street, Maitama, Abuja, two properties at Leeds and Chelsea in the London, and a mansion located at Palm Beach Estate, in Dubai. Although the EFCC had summoned Ribadu for clarification on some issues, sources said the invitation was not connected to the present probe on his properties.

EFCC spokesman, Femi Babafemi, could not be reached for comments at press time, but a senior official of the commission confirmed the development. "The initial invitation sent to him has nothing to do with these petitions. It had to do with records of sale of properties which were not available in our books. There were no records of assets recovered, who bought what, and for how much. There were some highest bidders during the sale of confiscated properties who were denied purchase, and there were also litigations in court which needed to be defended," said a top EFCC official who pleaded anonymity.
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by DeepSoul(f): 5:55pm On Nov 25, 2008
Who gave the orders for them to be seized in the first place??

Are you saying Yaradua was unaware??

Yeah right!

Now, he's forming messiah

Oh puuuhleeease!
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by osisi6(f): 6:00pm On Nov 25, 2008
They should leave the handsome man alone jor.
Make them go arrest the obj-like ones. grin and burn all their certificates grin

I have no clue what the topic is all about
Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:20pm On Nov 25, 2008
what goes around comes around. where is mr OBJ to help this man?

Re: President Yar'dua Orders Nipss Director To Issue Ribadu His Certificate by vwvw(m): 6:28pm On Nov 25, 2008
The trendiest aftermath phrase after every failed adventure in Africa’s most populous nation is ‘getting back to the drawing board’. From Nigeria’s national soccer team- the super eagles, to the recently failed and ambitious space project- NIGCOMSAT1, everyone’s got a T-square plotting straight and crooked tangents on an already overcrowded national drawing board, perhaps the most crammed up board in existence. But who’s fooling who? The country’s national development rolling plans have been abandoned for nearly 3 decades but even then where at best subterfuges-white elephant projects moving in an unending cycle of pretentious motion. My concern today isn’t with the amorphous board of carpenters acting as ministers or hairdresser s and cosmetologists teaching us about the dynamics of the crude oil market or democratic governance. It is unfortunately about an ailing schizophrenic Nigerian leader who is lost in touch with the Nigerian reality. True he may not possess the charm, guile and evil mien of military despots like Babaginda and Abacha, but even the crudest of the ilk; Olusegun Obasanjo at his worst –like when he feigned ignorance that a bottle of cooking oil was more expensive than a litre of fuel or when he publicly whipped a security operative for assaulting an overzealous political enthusiast -would win a popularity contest by a landslide when pitched against Umaru. Nigeria’s Leader President Yar ‘Adua more than a year in office still can’t find his voice in the conscience of Nigerians. Sometimes I think he is surprised at the sound of his voice, flabbergasted at the insincerity of his dreams. His press parleys if they ever happened are best described as stifling and lack-lustre. This pervasive immobility runs thick through the President’s cabinet; twenty ministers dropped meant twenty new-fangled ministers to thinker Yar’ Adua’s vision 2020 but the list of ministerial nominees after it took more than an eternity to materialize left sawdust in the mouths of not a few political watchers. What does Rilwan Lukman for example have to offer after more than 40 years in Government?

Last weekend another nauseating event played out, I watched in stupefaction the NIPSS graduation. The story however was the missing former Anti-corruption tsar, Nuhu Ribadu from the ceremony, though he had met the requirements necessary for his graduation, the Institute preferred to play the hard ball. No certificates and no explanations; and like has become the norm, mum is the word. This stultifying aloofness is redolent of the Abacha years of ‘NO COMMENT’ –for the President has suddenly found it economical to keep silent on all issues. The truth lies in this; this president doesn’t score. His pallid look and bogus babariga wearing knights have failed to inspire confidence in a very impatient electorate. Before the bubble burst on high crude oil prices-Nigeria’s external foreign reserves is near $70 billion-there was never a trickledown effect on its impoverished populace-inadequate infrastructure and social services, unemployment are still rife. The Government isn’t talking because it is caught in a vicious cycle of inactivity; this government is slumbering and is snoring shamefully loud. Ribadu was a good man, during an interview last year he’d told me that there were bad people threatening to scupper all he’d done. Brutus considered Caesar’s goodwill ambitious and Dante remarked the road to hell is laden with good intentions consequently Ribadu was exiled to Kuru, but then this woolly Government performed a ‘Usain Bolt’ rebuttal denying any vindictiveness in Ribadu’s removal. Its silence so far is a pointer to the mendacious diabolical political system that has and continues to hoodwink this nation’s quest toward greatness, http://connectafrica./2008/11/25/an-aloof-king-and-his-misfit-knights/

(1) (Reply)

Cbn Orders Bank Mds Of 10yrs To Quit / Starting All Over Again - Zoning with Imo state as an example. / Dr Ikedi Ohakim: Imo Only Gets Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.