Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,429 members, 7,958,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:55 AM

Please, In Need Of Legal Advice. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please, In Need Of Legal Advice. (2423 Views)

UNDERAGE MARRIAGE ; Absense Of Legal In 9ja Dictionary / What Legal Advice Can Be Given To A Battered Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, In Need Of Legal Advice. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2014
If he is your fiance, then you are not legally married to him, how can he claim paternity? I thought he would have to be your husband before he can claim custody. Otherwise, he can not prove the child has anything to do with him.
I am not a lawyer though, just thinking.
Re: Please, In Need Of Legal Advice. by prissyluv(f): 9:51pm On Nov 15, 2014
aisha2:

That is some cultural practices but the constitution is supreme to any culture and the bottom line for the constitution is the best interest of the child. If the best interest of the child is not protected with the mom, the father can provide evidence of that and get custody
Ok.
Re: Please, In Need Of Legal Advice. by prissyluv(f): 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2014
Abuamam:
If he is your fiance, then you are not legally married to him, how can he claim paternity? I thought he would have to be your husband before he can claim custody. Otherwise, he can not prove the child has anything to do with him.
You must be an Igbo man. I thought the same too.
Re: Please, In Need Of Legal Advice. by prissyluv(f): 9:55pm On Nov 15, 2014
Abuamam:
You must be an Igbo man. I thought the same too. If they must go to court,what evidence will the man present in claiming the child?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My In-law Almost Saw Me Naked, Thanks To A Power Cut. / Where Is Idowuogbo ??? / I Need Help Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.