Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack (2289 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Maryam Babangida And Princes Diana [Photo] / Photos From Bomb Blast In Baga Fish Market, Borno Scene Of Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by oluwadanie1(m): 9:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
oluwadanie1:
Another attempted attack on Thursday at Maryam Babangida Girls Science College, Minna, by two unidentified men was foiled by a teacher in the school.

Our correspondent learnt that the female teacher was rushing to the school through a foot path early in the morning when she was inhaled the smell of Indian Hemp and stopped to look around.

She reportedly sighted two men that had already changed into the school uniform and were about to put on the Hijab.

The strange men were said to have asked her to turn back, if she wanted to remain alive.

It was gathered that the teacher she took to her heels, but rather than running home, she went through the main gate to alert the school that had already gathered on the assembly.

When the students got wind of the information, there was confusion in the school as the students fled in different directions out of panic.

The school authorities, our correspondent learnt, alerted the police, military and men of the State Security Services, whose quick arrival helped to calm the students down.

Speaking with newsmen in her office, the Principal of the School, Hajiya Fatima Madugu, said the information given by one of the teachers at 7:30am saved the school from being attacked.
http://www.punchng.com/news/teacher-saves-maryam-babangida-college-from-bomb-attack/
http://acadablog.com/teacher-saves-maryam-babangida-collegeminna-from-bomb-attack/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by BigBizzy(m): 9:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
NAwao for world people
Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by Ambrogio(m): 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by oluwaiffymi(f): 10:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
So you mean these people are now in Niger state??
Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by moneybag100: 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nigerians, its time to unite and fight this insurgent and stop thinking its one region problem not yours, it could also be yours tomorrow.....these people can get to any where in the country with this kind of tactics because schools can recognize all their students.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by Texykool: 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
This one is strong!
Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by oluwadanie1(m): 11:17pm On Nov 13, 2014
Texykool:
This one is strong!

Eleyi gidi gan
Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by khattab02: 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
Hmm... Thank God! Nice effort from her. But the police would have arrived quick since their police post is not far from there.
Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by oluwadanie1(m): 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
moneybag100:
Nigerians, its time to unite and fight this insurgent and stop thinking its one region problem not yours, it could also be yours tomorrow.....these people can get to any where in the country with this kind of tactics because schools can recognize all their students.

Seriously, that is what is killing us slowly.
The 'I don't care' attitude...

2 Likes

Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by mrofficial(m): 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
Good one from the teacher.

The menace is officially out of control. Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by khattab02: 11:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
mrofficial:
Good one from the teacher.

The menace is officially out of control. Na wa o.
very very unfortunate. God forbid, The next target now will be the federal university of technology, minna. Almost opposite to the girls science college.
Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by oluwaiffymi(f): 11:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
BigBizzy:
NAwao for world people

Which people??
Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by oluwadanie1(m): 11:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
khattab02:
very very unfortunate. God forbid, The next target now will be the federal university of technology, minna. Almost opposite to the girls science college.

I also tot about it...(FUTMINNA)
I just pray something is done about it...

1 Like

Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by kendraloops(f): 11:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
khattab02:

hmmm, they shouldn't attack my FUT OOO!! God go punish all of them

1 Like

Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by khattab02: 11:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
oluwadanie1:

I also tot about it...(FUTMINNA)
I just pray something is done about it...
ameen! we pray and hope so.
Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by planetuzor(m): 12:01am On Nov 14, 2014
“If I’m voted into power, within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make a significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything”

President Goodluck Jonathan
31st January 2011
United Nations
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

1 Like

Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by mrofficial(m): 12:02am On Nov 14, 2014
planetuzor:
“If I’m voted into power, within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. Four years is enough for anyone in power to make a significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I cannot do anything”

31st January 2011
United Nations
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Let me add this.

Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by khattab02: 12:06am On Nov 14, 2014
planetuzor:

31st January 2011
United Nations
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
hmmm.... Really? And he still want second term?

You guys dey try to get all these from archive ooo....
Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 14, 2014
this is why I don't like reading Nigerian newspapers, what happened to the suspected bombers we were not told

5 Likes

Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by khattab02: 12:30am On Nov 14, 2014
studio14:
this is why I don't like reading Nigerian newspapers, what happened to the suspected bombers we were not told
yeah, you are korrect. I was curious too, because there is police station which even share fence with the farm of the girls science college.

1 Like

Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by ichidodo: 1:28am On Nov 14, 2014
Good....
Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by BigBizzy(m): 5:15am On Nov 14, 2014
oluwaiffymi:

Which people??

suicide bombers na
Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by oluwadanie1(m): 5:25am On Nov 14, 2014
studio14:

Maybe they got away.
But that means a lot of trouble as they can target an entirely different place/area

1 Like

Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by Kunleskey(m): 5:50am On Nov 14, 2014
Until nigeria get the real papetrators,the motivators and those scanderlous sponsoring those blood sucker they won't stop all dis killings may God help us.
Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by oluwadanie1(m): 9:58am On Nov 14, 2014
Kunleskey:
Until nigeria get the real papetrators,the motivators and those scanderlous sponsoring those blood sucker they won't stop all dis killings may God help us.

True talk.
Re: Teacher Saves Maryam Babangida College Minna From Bomb Attack by Shine1177: 10:06am On Nov 14, 2014
In another news the Police PRO said the men were lunatics grin. God help this country. Amen.
They wanted hijab, now the enemy is using hijab. There was a country.

Confusion in Babangida’s school over suspected suicide bombers

AN attempt on Maryam Babangida Girls’ Science College, Minna, Niger State, by two unidentified men was foiled on Thursday by an employee of the school.

Nigerian Tribune gathered that the teacher, a female, was rushing to the school in the morning through a footpath, when she was attracted by foul odour of substance suspected to be Indian hemp and stopped to look around.

It was further learnt that she sighted two men who had already changed into the school uniform and were about to wear the hijab. On sighting her, they allegedly asked her to return if she wished to be alive.

Out of fear, it was gathered, she took to her heels and headed back, but rather than running home, she went through the main gate to alert the school authorities, as students had already gathered for the assembly.

When the students got wind of the information, it was gathered that pandemonium broke out, while the school authorities alerted the police, military and men of the State Security Service (SSS), whose quick arrival, it was further learnt, helped to calm frayed nerves.

Speaking with newsmen in her office, the school principal, Hajiya Fatima Madugu, said the information given by one of the teachers at 7.30 a.m. saved the school from being attacked.

Also speaking, the female teacher (names withheld) said she followed the footpath to get to school early and meet up with her 8.00 a.m. lesson, only to be accosted by two unknown men who asked her to return home, if she wants to be safe.

“I was really scared when I saw them almost dressed in the school uniform. They had already worn the trouser, shirt and about to put on the hijab when I sighted them.

“It was the smell of Indian hemp that made me look around. One of them just walked to me and said ‘go home, there is no school today. Go if you love your life’
and I just took off my shoes and ran back. But, instead of going home, I went to inform our principal on the assembly ground,” she said.

But, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Ibrahim Abiodun Gambari, said the men in question were lunatics, whose presence early that morning created fears in the school. shocked

According to him, they were able to gain entrance into the school due to the porous nature of security in schools, but assured that adequate security would be given to schools by the police as well as security tips to help them in case of any eventuality.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/21490-confusion-in-babangida-s-school-over-suspected-suicide-bombers

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Certificate Wahala: Come In If You Love General Buhari.. / Obasanjo Wants To Run My Govt – Jonathan / VIDEO: TB Joshua Speaks On S/africa Xenophobia Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.