Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Are Igbo People Really Foolish? (2) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Igbo People Really Foolish? (2) (951 Views)

If You Are Igbo And Not In Support Of Biafra Say "Yea" / Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? / Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Igbo People Really Foolish? (2) by Back2seder: 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2014
ALL the military rulers since the civil war were from the North, and did not give Igbos the second Niger Bridge. The civilian government that followed ignored that need of the Igbos. President GEJ is the one who seems to appreciate this key need of the Igbo people and is working on it. Yet you find the Imo State Governor antagonising the President. The Governor claims that he fetes Chief Sam Mbakwe, but Mbakwe’s political strategies are completely lost on him.
Chief Mbakwe was the only opposition governor who got more for his people than even the NPN governors, because he simply was driven by the love for his people. Our governor preaches the gospel in government house, and celebrates when a Christian converts to Islam. What kind of evangelism is that? The Muslims know that they can confuse the selfish Igbo Christian, and that is why they despise Igbos so much. I just shudder at these things. It is as if the war never happened! Why won’t the Hausa- Fulani man despise Ndigbo when he knows that Igbos refused to learn from their own experiences?
After the war, Nigeria reduced all deposits by any Igbo man in the bank to 20 pounds only! It was an economic deprivation policy. Igbos lamented seriously but trudged on with life. Now, 44 years after that war, has the Igbo nation any plan to ensure the financial stability of their zone? No! Did they learn anything from that policy by Nigeria against them? No! Did they even try to build any bridges with their kith and kin? No! The result is that today, we have people in Rivers and Delta states of Nigeria who bear Igbo names, have Igbo traditional institutions and culture, but deny vehemently that they are Igbos because they do not want to associate with the Igbo man in order not to curry the displeasure of the likes of Dr. Junaid Mohammed who were in power. Since Igbo neighbours in Rivers and Delta states rejected Igbos to please their Northern bosses, should Igbos not plan as a people and stop fighting and blocking each other? No, not Ndigbo!
I have lived in Yoruba land since the past 34 years, and I keep hearing the words “Omo-Ibo” ‘Aje okuta ma mu omi’(meaning people who chew stones without drinking water), used in a rather derogatory manner by the Yorubas when addressing Igbo people. I have asked the offence of the Igbo man against Yorubas, and there was none, except that the Igbo came with nothing after the war, and are recovering the swampy lands in Lagos State, developing them and making immense contributions to their economy, while shamelessly abandoning his own land in the South East.
This is the Igbo man’s lot everywhere in Nigeria. He has ended up being trapped in confusion between his host states and his homeland. The result is that in spite of the huge investments by Igbos in other zones, they have this fear that one day they will be asked to go home to Igbo land, yet they have strangely done nothing to make the Igbo land a place of pride in Nigeria for themselves and their generations unborn.
Under the late General Sani Abacha as Head of State, the Catholic Pontif visited Nigeria and Igbo land. An international airport and a university were to be built in honour of the late Michael Tansi. That airport project was scuttled because Igbo sons in transport business killed it. Today, Igbos drive to Asaba in Delta State to board planes to go wherever. How wise have they become in this one?
Ten years after the end of the war by 1980, they started killing Igbos again selectively in Kano; they called it Maitatsine riots. The Northerners told Igbos not to worry, and Igbos listened to them and accepted their situation. Some Igbo men joined in shouting that nothing happened.
But soon after, the hatred which started because the average Igbo man is a Christian and the average Northerner, a Muslim spread across the North and in Plateau State; they started burning churches, killing Igbos and others as well. Nothing happened and the killings have continued till date.
Has the Igbo moved or relocated? No! Does the Igbo man have any plan to stem the imminent Jihad that Boko Haram is promising to unleash on their religion? No! Do they even accept that the war is about their religion? Has the South Eastern Governors produced any plan to assist their peoples displaced from the North? Nothing like that!
Can anyone really blame the likes of Junaid Mohammed for telling them the truth? Every now and then, you find some misguided Northerners insulting Igbos and no one responds because the Igbo man wants to protect his investments. While I appreciate the little wisdom in it, I refuse to accept that Igbos should take any kind of rubbish from these men for no just cause.
APC’s Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State was reported recently to have said that he endorses a Jihad in Nigeria. Jihad means the eradication of all other forms of religion by the use of force. That is APC talking.............
For more click on
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/igbo-really-foolish-3/
Re: Are Igbo People Really Foolish? (2) by Elcapo(m): 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
Wait make I read am be4 commenting...
engrfcuksmtin:
Yes they are really are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ikpewe:
HMM MY BROTHER THERE IS SENSE IN YOUR WRITE UP
No need Τ̅☺ read A̶̲̥̅♏ again, į̸̸̨ think theƔ are reallƔ foolish just like theƔ've confirmed!
Re: Are Igbo People Really Foolish? (2) by Ikpewe: 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
HMM MY BROTHER THERE IS SENSE IN YOUR WRITE UP
Re: Are Igbo People Really Foolish? (2) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2014
hmm! politically motivated write ups.
yes evry tribe wnts their people to rule at all cause, bt dnt u tink dz political mumbo jumbo of a tin cn jeopardize dz country?
Re: Are Igbo People Really Foolish? (2) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2014
bird of a feather flock 2geda.
Re: Are Igbo People Really Foolish? (2) by Back2seder: 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
kaybiel2u:
bird of a feather flock 2geda.
meaning?
Re: Are Igbo People Really Foolish? (2) by LordMecuzy(m): 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2014
Let's wait and see if Jonathan would complete it in 4yrs. cos to me he's there now for five years. so if he doesn't do it in 9 yrs wat wld then happen?

Rochas is not d major problem of we d easterners after all we held d senate President position for a while wat did dey do as PDP members.

Corruption is Wats killing our Country Nigeria.

As for Me I regard APC n PDP as d same Corrupt politicians using Mouth Manifestos to deceive us over 16yrs.

And as for d northerners giving 20 pounds to all easterners, yeaa painful. But Remember most military guys from d North dat during dat era are mostly in PDP . eg IBB, Danjuma .

I am From imerienwe in Ngor-Okpala Imo State. I believe in good governance bro.
Re: Are Igbo People Really Foolish? (2) by jchima14: 5:40pm On Nov 14, 2014
Re: Are Igbo People Really Foolish? (2) by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2014
Yes they are really are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

We'll Create A Parallel Government If We Don't Win - Rotimi Amaechi / What Is Happening In Nigeria? Tell me. / Why Is APC Presidential Primaries Not Televised, Even On TVC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.