Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

"Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? (15424 Views)

‘Touch Not My Anointed’ / "touch Not My Anointed" Taken Out Of Context Explained / Touch Not My Anointed & Do My Prophet No Harm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by jayedu108: 9:25am On Nov 16, 2014
Ask Google!
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by victorazy(m): 9:32am On Nov 16, 2014
sistar007:

That's David giving respect to Saul and he David was respected back

They would have killed him after sleeping with Uriah's wife

Uriah is not God's annointed!
This two things ppl miss.
Before u confirmed annoited, God will review u, a higher annoited man must pure oil on ur head to confirm u.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by lumeneng22: 9:41am On Nov 16, 2014
Too lengthy to read, Mb is very expensive.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by victorazy(m): 9:42am On Nov 16, 2014
duni04:

And I suppose the Pharisees that Jesus rebuked in the new testament for their hypocrisy were also Gods "anointed"?

Couldn't digest ur question but the annoited is not exempted from rebuke. Rebuke is diff from HARM. Harm is to kill or hurt while rebuke is to warn, caution. Jesus was harmed as an annoited that why he said "father forgive them cuz they do not know their doing". God never spaire he who harm his annoited cuz is His treasure, His special property and David knowing heart of God was aware of that.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Riclord001(m): 9:42am On Nov 16, 2014
sukkot:
you right. however the bible has 31000 plus verses. dont nobody got time for fluffing and icing for something that is that vast. if we have to fluff up all 31000 verses we would be old and blind from reading that many literature text lmao

and u don't think it is beta being old and blind from readin reasonably than to be young and sighted due to neva using the candle?
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by sistar007(m): 9:43am On Nov 16, 2014
victorazy:

Before u confirmed annoited, God will reviewed u, a higher annoited man must pure oil on ur head to confirm u.

I meant if David had killed Saul he wouldn't have had a second chance
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Lovine: 9:44am On Nov 16, 2014
True man of God never talk back at others or rain curses. Only fake pastors or fake religious group fight for themselves. God always fight the battle for His own, read Exodus 14:14. Many false Pastors go to Bible Schools and when they are through they become men of god. True men of God are called from above read: Jer. 1: 4-10. Read and have an understanding.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Lovine: 9:46am On Nov 16, 2014
victorazy:

Before u confirmed annoited, God will reviewed u, a higher annoited man must pure oil on ur head to confirm u.

David was anointed King not a Prophet
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by duni04(m): 9:47am On Nov 16, 2014
victorazy:

Couldn't digest ur question but the annoited is not exempted from rebuke. Rebuke is diff from HARM. Harm is to kill or hurt while rebuke is to warn, caution. Jesus was harmed as an annoited that why he said "father forgive them cuz they do not know their doing". God never spaire he who harm his annoited cuz is His treasure, His special property and David knowing heart of God was aware of that.
And what's the difference between what youre saying now and my initial post that you quoted? I never said it was ok to kill or harm pastors. People think its criminal or sinful to criticise or rebuke preachers or pastors today and thats what I was disputing.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by victorazy(m): 9:51am On Nov 16, 2014
sistar007:

I meant if David had killed Saul he wouldn't have had a second chance

Yep!!! He would have had a greater purnishment cuz no man kills God annoited and go scort free! But as a wise man who knows God's heart he never tried it grin

To be annoited is a critical thing ppl never know.
Many pastors are not annoited but God respects what proceeded from their mouths cuz of His words "my word can never return void" and "ask it shall be given, seek and u shall find" "if ur faith is as tiny as mustard seed u can move mountain" etc He respects His word so much.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by duni04(m): 9:54am On Nov 16, 2014
victorazy:

Nooooo!!! He would have had a greater purnishment cuz no man kills God annoited and go scort free! But as a wise man who knows God's heart he never tried it grin

To be annoited is a critical thing ppl never know.
Many pastors are not annoited but God respect what proceedes from their mouths cuz of His words "my word can never return void" and "ask it shall be given, seek and u shall find" "if ur faith is as tiny as mustard seed u can move mountain" etc He respects His word so much.
You're not making any sense atall undecided
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by victorazy(m): 9:56am On Nov 16, 2014
duni04:

And what's the difference between what youre saying now and my initial post that you quoted? I never said it was ok to kill or harm pastors. People think its criminal or sinful to criticise or rebuke preachers or pastors today and thats what I was disputing.

Bros no vex! That's why I said "I no understand ur question" I quotated u to put more demystification of what ur saying not to put u in wrong side sir.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by dre11(m): 9:58am On Nov 16, 2014
zboyd:

That was quiet insightful man.. .
That's why I don't just attend any church which u can't question some belief and doctrine they do practice if it doesn't conform with the scripture

That's why JESUS and apostles Paul enjoys us to search the scripture and hold on to what is good, profitable to the spirit and edify the soul

Because at the last days we are going to have false prophets and teachers who will speak out of their own volition and not as the spirit lead because the want to fill thier pockets

So any believers that's after hearing the word and doesn't search the scripture with the help of the Holy Spirit is gullible and can be suaded by those sweet words

1 Like

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by victorazy(m): 9:58am On Nov 16, 2014
duni04:

You're not making any sense atall undecided

No prob sir. Don't be annoyed
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by victorazy(m): 10:02am On Nov 16, 2014
dre11:

That was quiet insightful man.. .
That's why I don't just attend any church which u can't question some belief and doctrine they do practice if it doesn't conform with the scripture

That's why JESUS and apostles Paul enjoys us to search the scripture and hold on to what is good, profitable to the spirit and edify the soul

Because at the last days we are going to have false prophets and teachers who will speak out of their own volition and not as the spirit lead because the want to fill thier pockets

So any believers that's after hearing the word and doesn't search the scripture with the help of the Holy Spirit is gullible and can be suaded by those sweet words

Only the f00lish man will not recognise the false prophets or pastors "by their footsteps you shall now them" only the blind ones will not see.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by dre11(m): 10:08am On Nov 16, 2014
victorazy:

Only the f00lish man will not recognise the false prophets or pastors "by their footsteps you shall now them" only the blind ones will not see.

But most are blind
Blinded by the phrase the OP used
That's why the Bible says
Many are called but few are chosen because this the perilous time
Where many a suaded by those false teaching and miracles
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by victorazy(m): 10:13am On Nov 16, 2014
dre11:

But most are blind
Blinded by the phrase the OP used
That's why the Bible says
Many are called but few are chosen because this the perilous time
Where many a suaded by those false teaching and miracles

Yep!
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Afroconnect: 10:19am On Nov 16, 2014
Than you vry much for this piece bro.

I keep telling people highlighting the truth and speaking against the wrong things these clerics and pastors do is not wrong.

Even the apostles in one of the chapter instructs the early christians to advise each other and correct anyone that errs or is going astray.

For if we allow unrighteousness and sin to prevail,then what is the essence of our Christian faith?

So many youths on NL are supporting corrupt and materilistic men of the pulpit cos they want to be like them and become commercial gospel business men,so am not suprised by some replies here.

The term "touch not my annointed" was used in the bible when a Prophet of God was under threat of physical attack-Elijah was a real prophet,he lived a holy life,devoid of materialism,Elisha too,Enoch,Jesus Christ.

No one says being wealthy is wrong,but wasting that money that is not yours on your materialistic life-style in order to please men rather than invest in lives and souls is wrong and can never be right.

speaking the truth is a duty of all Christians,if your pastor is falling does not mean you should fall with him by accepting manipulations,materialism and deceit as truth.

But too bad,the Nigeria masses of today is so far gone,everyone just worships money.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by IYANGBALI: 10:30am On Nov 16, 2014
dainformant:
lengthy
lazy man. Common go back and read it. grin

1 Like

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by victorazy(m): 10:41am On Nov 16, 2014
IYANGBALI:
lazy man. Common go back and read it. grin

grin
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 16, 2014
sukkot:
you didnt need that lengthy piece to explain one verse. when people start writing lenghty stuff for one or two verses its because they dont know it and are throwing in lots of fluff to bulk up the piece. all you needed was 5 lines tops wink

People like you are the problem of Christianity with this kind of mindset.

1 Like

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by IYANGBALI: 10:45am On Nov 16, 2014
victorazy:

grin
why you dey open that your goro teeth for me?thank God you wash mouth today tongue
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Topgainer: 11:46am On Nov 16, 2014
Many have called and anointed themselves,. They've applied themselves to employing and empowering some other foot men to also pose as God's anointed in local branches.

Applying the principles of sweet talks, good language,good dress sense, well pimped building and some se.xy female assistants/workers to woe the very gullible. Others go extra length to learn some magic arts, metaphysics and the operation of herbs. Hiding under the cloaks of the performance they pull up, they term themselves God's anointed

Their evil fruits go before them as Schemers, Merchants of false teachings all aimed at extortion and enriching themselves at the expense of the very sheep they are supposed to feed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by pring: 11:55am On Nov 16, 2014
Did God even anoint any of this fools called pastors?
Tithe Thiefs.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
I shared this link on my Facebook page. I recommend this to anyone who's real hunger is to know truth.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by kernel504(m): 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
sukkot:
you didnt need that lengthy piece to explain one verse. when people start writing lenghty stuff for one or two verses its because they dont know it and are throwing in lots of fluff to bulk up the piece. all you needed was 5 lines tops wink

Is a sign of professionalism, everything must not be in a summary form. Lets learn how to write and read, that alone will give details of who we are to our unborn generations, thanks.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by victorazy(m): 12:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
IYANGBALI:
why you dey open that your goro teeth for me?thank God you wash mouth today tongue

grin I go bite u o
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by philclem(m): 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2014
dainformant:
lengthy

Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by zboyd: 12:57pm On Nov 16, 2014
justi4jesu:
Is that the memory verse/SERMON in your church today @OP cheesy cheesy

No, it's a breakdown of the true meaning of phrase "touch not my anointed", using scripture as proof.
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by BobbyRobson: 12:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
all my 10% salary is still with Oyedepo, Adeboye, Abioye, matthew ashimolowo and oritsejafor.

Please i want it back. How do i get it back from them?

Discuss
Re: "Touch NOT My Anointed..." What Does It Really Mean? by victorazy(m): 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
BobbyRobson:
all my 10% salary is still with Oyedepo, Adeboye, Abioye, matthew ashimolowo and oritsejafor.

Please i want it back. How do i get it back from them?

Discuss

That's why u never received shi shi cuz u give man not God!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Nigerian Christians / Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. / ''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.