Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,551 members, 7,843,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Boko Haram Seizes Chibok Town - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Seizes Chibok Town (410 Views)

Boko Haram Seizes Nigerian Army Base In Borno / Nigerian Army Retakes Chibok Town After Just 24 Hours / Boko Haram Seizes Adamawa LG Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Seizes Chibok Town by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 14, 2014
Boko Haram has seized the town of Chibok, in Borno state in northeast Nigeria, from where 276 schoolgirls were
kidnapped more than six months ago, officials say....[CONTD BY CLICKING ON THE URL BELOW]
Re: Boko Haram Seizes Chibok Town by tunwumi: 10:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
uncertain

Posted by: Duku JOEL, Maiduguri in News Update 5 hours ago

The grief in  Chibok community over the abduction of over 200 girls since April  was on Friday compounded with yet another reported attack by the suspected Boko Haram terrorists.

The insurgents were believed to have been fleeing from Mubi and Maiha after being displaced  by the combined fire power  of local hunters and the Nigerian Army.

It is not clear how many people are affected from the latest attack but reports indicate that many residents have run out of the town for fear being attacked.

Mr. Apogu Afaramai, one of the residents who escaped to the bush narrated how he took to his heels as the insurgents stormed the town at about 10.00pm Thursday  night. He was however not sure of the casualties.

“As I am speaking to you now I am in the bush moving towards Biu town. Though I don’t know whether they killed anybody or not because when we heard gunshot we just fled the area and there was no network service,” he narrated.

Another resident who identified himself as Suleiman disclosed that the insurgents arrived the town and started shooting sporadically to scare of everyone in the city who were about to sleep.

” We were about sleeping when we started hearing sound of ceaseless gunshots and shouts of Allah is great in Arabic. The shooting was so intense. I cant even explain how I escaped from that village.”

The  Senator representing the area, Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume confirmed the latest  incident to newsmen but was equally not sure of the number of casualties.

“Yes I was told that Boko Haram terrorists attacked Chibok town but I cannot tell whether there is casualty or not, as we are yet to receive call from those in Chibok since the insurgents have burnt down the telecom- masts in the town,” Sen. Ndume said.

Source http://thenationonlineng.net/new/boko-haram-attack-chibok-again-casualty-uncertain/

This is how to quote a report since u are not there else plagiarism
Re: Boko Haram Seizes Chibok Town by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
Thanks for your comment tunwumi,if you had followed the link below you would have seen that the article was rightly referenced as regards the source. That is why www.naijapolitica. remains the best for providing hottest and latest political infomation.

(1) (Reply)

Helicopter Crashes And Its Implications / FG Okays Emergency Rule Extension In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa / Anti Peoples Congress With Branded Lies!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.