Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Whatever You Do Today - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Whatever You Do Today (3878 Views)

Online Writing Jobs You Should Do Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
kingphilip:

pelumiakinboye serve me same
here you are, enjoy.
Re: Whatever You Do Today by kingphilip(m): 7:24pm On Nov 15, 2014
Jollyjoy:
now u ar talking!
etisalat logo ba
Re: Whatever You Do Today by kingphilip(m): 7:28pm On Nov 15, 2014
Jollyjoy:
uhumm! So d u care to squat or stand?
any position u take

please jollyjoy let's put a pause on this because twill make the story look lengthy n frustrating to those who'll begin reading later

can u reach me on whatsapp through d number on my siggy

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 15, 2014
kingphilip:

any position u take

please jollyjoy let's put a pause on this because twill make the story look lengthy n frustrating to those who'll begin reading later

can u reach me on whatsapp through d number on my siggy
no qualms.

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2014
*Continuation*
"Get out of my office!" Mr Badmus screamed at the girl who was on her kneel in his office. "get out i said!" he yelled as the girl left in tears.

Mr Badmus, a sadistic lecturer from the department of Computer Science, both student and co-lecturers give(s) him a certain distance due to his dreadful nature.

Mr Badmus will fix a certain time for his lectures, keep the student waiting, only to show up unexpectedly 2-3hours after the appointed time, sometimes, he fixed the time and get to the lecture room an hour before time and shut the door of the lecture hall.

Mr Badmus face is designed with tribal marks, the tribal marks are so huge that people do ask if he offended his parents, some even joked that he became a terror to avenge what his parents did to him.

Mr Badmus lecture(s) on Computer Algorithm, despite his 8years experience, Mr Badmus will still read out handouts and keep robbing off the board whenever he tries to sight an example. One can only wonder if he understands what he is explaining.

It is hard to bag an "A" in Mr Badmus's course, the student dislike him so much, that they named him "The Bad-Man". A befiting name indeed.

"What happened between you and the Bad-one?" Sola, an Hnd2 student asked Joy as she sat on the floor in front of the Computer Science department crying, "i failed his course last year, i just checked the Hnd1 scores in his office, i fail yet again" she sobs, looked at Sola who only watch her in pity written all over him.

"Sola, i tried, i scored 38 last year, this year, the man gave me 39, just a single mark Sola, just one mark" she continues to cry as Sola console her,

"why not beg him for the missing mark since its just a mark" Sola suggested, "that was what i went to his office for o, he chased me out of his office like a dog" Sola took her hand and said to her "stop crying, i will talk to the class governor about it, since Bad-man has not submitted to the Head of Department (H.O.D), he should be able to beg on your behalf"

Joy thanked him as they both left the Department towards the famous igi àànu

(to be continued)
Re: Whatever You Do Today by kingphilip(m): 11:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
so bad man de do him own bad market for there

continue op it's in u

jollyjoy can n read o

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 16, 2014
*Continuation*

Mr Badmus appeared in his office confuse, "this girl failed this Course na" he whispered to himself as he checked the compiled result again, "Nwaokocha Joy, 82 in my course? NEVER!"

He picked up his phone and search through his contact, he held the phone closer to his ear as he passed his message in a boiling tone "Goke, I need you in my office right now!"

Goke happens to be the only one who talks and move with Mr Badmus, he finished from the Institution 3years ago, Goke has been in the town since his final papers, he left the school during his service year, but returned immediately.

Rumour has it that he decided to continue like this because he graduated with a Pass-Credit, others believed it was because of the little money he gets from businesses like the Student project typing, printing of handouts and Online Registrations.

Goke entered the office as he prostrate to greet Mr Badmus, "ba wo ni? (How are you?)", Goke dusted his trousser as he sit on a chair opposite Mr Badmus's table "fine sir".

"I want to give you a job, I think somebody is playing a prank on me", he gave a deadly look and smile. "No one plays pranks with Badmus" he continued,

"Do you know one Nwaokocha Joy?", Goke looked into the ceiling of the office as if the name is written somewhere among the ceiling.

"No sir". He finally return to life, "Well, you need to make your findings, she's in Hnd2".

"Today is tuesday abi, I need you to start talking with her before 8am on wednesday", he looked at Goke who was still looking at him

"Yes sir, but how do I go about it?" Goke asked, "Abi ode ni eleyi ni? (Are you a fool?) Don't forget to ask me how to eat your next meal too, infact kuro ni office mei (Leave my office)"

Goke stood up from the chair "that's why you end up with pass-credit, dullard!" He exclam as
Goke apologize before leaving his office.

Mr Badmus stood up, grab the script of Joy again, marked 82 "I marked this girl's script myself na, she scored 39 na, abi, what's happening in this office...(To be continued)
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 16, 2014
*Continuation*

Abayomi walked around the market place as he buy some food stuff, he stopped to get onions from a woman who sells both pepper and onion.

"elo ni eleyi ma? (How much is this one ma?)" He asked as he lifted the onion towards the woman, "10naira ni" the woman replied as she attends to another customer.

Abayomi reached out to his pocket only to discover that his wallet is missing, he searched and searched through his pocket still the wallet was not found, "Mama, mi o ni le ra alubosa yii mo, mi o ri apo owo mi (Mama, I won't be able to buy this onion again, I can't find my wallet)".

The woman was concerned as she gives the other customer her change "Ah, oko mi, nibo lo fi si?, (My husband, where did you drop it?)" She said as she joined Abayomi in the search of his wallet, "mi o ti e mo (I just don't know) Abayomi replied.

"kosi wahala, maamu alubosa naa lo (no problem, you can go with the Onion), Abayomi was a little bit relieved, "E se gan ma, ti mo ba ti ri, moma mu owo yin wa (thank you ma, when I set my eyes on the wallet, I will pay you back).

Abayomi left in a hurry as he is sure he has left the wallet on the table of the woman he bought Kerosine from some minutes ago.

"e kaa san ma, e jo mogbgbe Wallet mi si ibi ni-sin-sin yii, (Good afternoon, please, I forgot my wallet here some minutes ago)" the woman who sells kerosine raised her head, looked at his face and said "beeni buroda Corper, oun re, (that's true Corper, here is your wallet)

Abayomi collected the wallet, thanked her and left to pay for his onion, after he paid the woman, he left in a hurry

(More to Come, Happy Sunday)

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by queenjoe(f): 6:55am On Nov 16, 2014
wow!! m really enjoying this
keep d good work going
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Jelailah(f): 7:10am On Nov 16, 2014
following...

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by Kingso23: 11:17am On Nov 16, 2014
*strolled into thread with my plate full of canabis-sativa generously laced with skunk weed *

Who care's for this... just take one of this wrap before sex and see the wonder you'll perform, you can thank me later
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Kingso23: 11:35am On Nov 16, 2014
*strolled into thread with my plate full of canabis-sativa generously laced with skunk weed *

Who care's for this... just take one of this wrap before sex and see the wonder you'll perform, you can thank me later
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 17, 2014
*continuation*

The Hnd1 result was just pasted, students gathered across the big notice board beside the Computer Science Practical Laboratory.

Facial reaction from each students tell what the result said about each student's ability.

Temi, an Hnd2 student was among the students checking the result, Temi has no course she re-runed, she's just fond of checking each result pasted on the notice board irrespective of the level, this was how she got the nickname "CNN".

Another thing about Temi was that she knows all her coursemates matriculation number only God knows how.

Temi starred at the result again "ahn ahn, Joy, 82 in Badman's Course, a re-runner for that matter" she said in surprise, "abi i dey dream ni" she take a look at the result again "na so the man don good reach? Eh!, I must be the first to announce this to the class" she said as she move towards the lecture hall.

Temi entered the hall, looked around for a while, when she saw Joy where she was sitting, she went up to her "Joy how far na? Na here u dey?" she said smilling, "Temi, how u dey?" Joy greeted back. "i think say you go don carry your friends go celebrate o" Temi said smilling, "celebrate wetin? I tell you say today na my birthday?" Joy said as she twist her neck like a duck that just take a sip from a river, "i think say as you get 82 for Badman Course, you go wash ham for we your padi na" as soon as Joy heard this, she jumped up "82? Where you see our result?"

Temi stood up from the desk she sat "no be our result o, na Hnd1 result, na the Course wey u re-run" Joy was shocked by this news, "na lie!" she finally exclaim, "na true o, abi no be you be matric number 404? I see the result with my koro-koro eyes for notice board"

Joy didn't wait to hear more from Temi, she run out of the hall towards the notice board, Temi turned to address the class "greatest Nigeria students! Joy Nwaokocha don break record o! She score 82 for Badman Course" the surprise in their faces can tell that this is indeed a record.

"na lie jo!" one of the student reply, "i know say you be thomas, go check by yourself na" Temi replied,

The boy stood up and walk out of the hall towards the notice board, more students joined him while some remained in the hall wondering if this can be true.

After some minutes, the student who left the hall for the notice board returned to the hall with Joy whose face is full smile but deep down in her heart was confuse, as they entered the hall, Gbenga, who happen to be among the students coming from the notice board started singing "Badman don fall for gutter" the whole class responded "MACHAM! MACHAM!" Gbenga continued "We no like him name o" the class responded again "MACHAM! MACHAM!"

The song continued as Joy stood up in search of Sola, she remembered he was the one who promised to talk to the governor of the class on her behalf, as she look around for Sola, she saw the governor smiling and coming towards her "Joy the champion" the Governor said as he stretches his hand towards her "my powerful governor, i was actually coming to meet you o" she paused for a while then she continued "thank you so much, i am grateful, if not for you, i would have re-run this Course again" the governor looked at her in surprise, "what are you talking about?" The governor ask her, she sat the governor down and sits beside him.

Joy explained how Sola had promised to talk with him concerning her but the governor distance himself from the claim.

"Ok o, thank you sha" Joy said as she manage a smile, she looked round the hall again in search of Sola, "i dont think he is here" she said to herself, "but wait o, if the governor did'nt talked with Mr. Badmus, who did?"

she continued to ask herself some questions when her ringtone brought her back from her taught. She looked into her phone, it was a new number "Hello, ah! Sola, i have been looking for you, ok i will be there" she grabbed her bag and rushed out of the hall... (to be continued)
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 17, 2014
Kingso23:

you are welcome sir, smoking is not allow here sir, you can come in after you finish your wrap sir.
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 17, 2014
Jelailah:
following...
welcome ma, you can have your sit beside Queenjoe
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 17, 2014
queenjoe:
wow!! m really enjoying this
keep d good work going
thank you ma, you are welcome
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Jelailah(f): 2:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
pelumiakinboye:
welcome ma, you can have your sit beside Queenjoe
am nt ma o. Am a smalling sombori
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
Jelailah:
am nt ma o. Am a smalling sombori
hmmm...
Re: Whatever You Do Today by queenjoe(f): 8:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
can't wait to know d person behind joy's success and I hope it won't lead to d unexpected
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
queenjoe:

can't wait to know d person behind joy's success and I hope it won't lead to d unexpected

Abi o, not just Joy, you might also be wondering what role cast like Aminu and co played (the rappers), what happened to Bola, Abayomi, the Market woman and Nneka.

What about Deji and his friend? Goke nko? And even Mr Badmus...

You will soon find out as you read along. Thanks for your comment.
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Timothy3113(m): 10:27pm On Nov 17, 2014
D person wey help joy do am do her bad.
D mark high now even 50 suppose dey ok.

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 17, 2014
Abayomi greeted the market woman in front of him as he pulled a smile, the woman looked at him and tried to explain the price of the market in front of her.

"Mi o fe ra nkan kan ma (am not here to buy anything ma)", she looked up again to figure out who this person is, she's sure this face is not a familiar one.

Abayomi ease her stress as he introduce himself to the woman, "Emi ni mo ra alubosa ni owo yin ni ijerin (I was the one who bought an Onion from you 4 days ago)".

"Ah, Oko mi, mi o mo wipe iwo ni, bawo ni o? O wo fila agunbaniro re ni eni ni? (My husband, I didn't know you are the one, how are you? You didn't wear your Corper's cap today?)" She gave a smile as she look more closely onto Abayomi.

Abayomi gave a smile too, "beeni ma, moni kin wa dupe ojo si ni ma (yes ma, I have come to say thank you for your kindness the other day" he said as he gave her another smile.

"Rara o, Iwo ni kin dupe lowo re fun owo to muwa, opolopo awon eniyan ni koni mu owo pada wa (I should be grateful to you, a lot of people do go away with this kind of money).

Abayomi was still talking with the woman when a shout got their attention, "Fi mi le! (Leave me alone)" the troublesome vegetable seller drag herself from the man who held her from charging towards a young girl.

"E fimile, e je kin ko leko, (leave me alone, let me deal with her)" the girl said as she reach for a knife from the woman's table.

"Were, a pa yan, o yo obe simi! (Mad-woman, you are a killer, you brought out a knife to fight me)".

The girl rushed towards the woman, a strong hand held her back, she drag back her hand in an attempt to free herself from the grip, the knife act quickly that she didn't noticed at first what has happened.

She looked at the knife as blood covered some part of the knife, "Oh my God!" She said silently, she taught for a while, why will the person drag her that way when the person knew she was holding a knife.

She gave it another taught, what if she just stabbed the person in the stomach, the noise has reduce as everyone focuses on her, she decided to take a better look at the person.

She turned towards the person, "thank God, the person was still moving" she said to herself, "am sure I cut his hand or probably a small tear on his flesh" she assumed as she turn to say how sorry she was.

"I am sor...ry," her lips skipped, although it was a minor cut, she was shock to see the person standing, "No, this is not happening" she said to herself, her heart beats like a drum, she just injured a man who tried to pull her back from a bigger mess, a man she adores, her pride, her future husband as she do call him.

Bola looked at Abayomi, she can't believe what just happened, she tried to remember how she started the fight with this troublesome woman

Abayomi looked at her for a while, he turned his face away from her direction, he stopped a bike man, and off he go.

Bola stood still like a statue, she can't believe what just happened, the knife dropped from her hand as she walk away from the market in shame

To be Continued..
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 18, 2014
Timothy3113:
D person wey help joy do am do her bad.
D mark high now even 50 suppose dey ok.
abi o! Me I pity her sef. Thanks for your comment sir. Stay glue to this story, am sure you will like it more and more as the updates keep coming.
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 18, 2014
DJ Blast was doing his thing as usual at Rinsayo Guest House in Eripa, Eripa is a small village beside Iree in Osun State, Students and some lecturers of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree do come to this place to relax.

DJ Blast was playing Olamide's "Awon goons mi", a couple of guys was sitting in one corner of the room which serves as the general bear parlour.

Joy walked in, she gave a smile as she set her eyes on Sola who was sitting among the boys.

Sola looked towards the door, immediately he set his eyes on her, he stood up and walk towards her.

DJ Blast noticed the girl as she gaze towards Sola, he switched from "Awon goons mi" to a song by Davido titled "Aye".

The boys at the corner of the room gave a shout, and start singing along, Joy love this song, infact it is her best song at the moment, she was so lost in the moment that she started singing and dancing to the song.

Sola came close, held her waist as he dance along with her.

"A...YE, Ah ah o..." They both scream as the song gets the better of them, they danced for a while as Joy continued to smile while Sola dance and touch sensitive part of Joy's body.

DJ Blast, switched from Davido's Aye to Wizkid's On Top Your Matter, "the DJ just killed me" Sola said as he continue the dance with Joy, "yes o!" Joy came closer as the dance continues.

They danced for a while as Wizkid's song takes over, just as the song was about to finish playing, Joy bend Sola head to tell him something, Sola bend his neck to listen, the song the DJ switch to just send her words back, instead of telling him what she intended to tell him, she began to sing the lyrics of the song "Have you seen my beautiful baby?" She sings as she dance towards Sola.

It seems DJ Blast knows how to capture the heart of every individual, Flavour's Ada Ada is on, Joy is lost in the moment, Sola is liking this moment, and the DJ is far from giving an end to this.

To be Continued
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Jelailah(f): 9:27am On Nov 18, 2014
pelumiakinboye:
Abayomi looked at her for a while, he turned his face away from her direction, he stopped a bike man, and off he go.
To be Continued..
i tink it shld be off he went nt go

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 18, 2014
Jelailah:
i tink it shld be off he went nt go
thanks ma.
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 18, 2014
Pelumiakinboye,we just talked on BBM. Your story is great. Do more proofreading please. It seems like you post them in a hurry,and you leave out some grammar checks too. If you hate this,ping me,I'll modify. But your story is awesome especially your injections of the conversations in Yoruba. You are awesome.
*following*

Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 18, 2014
laykorn:
Pelumiakinboye,we just talked on BBM. Your story is great. Do more proofreading please. It seems like you post them in a hurry,and you leave out some grammar checks too. If you hate this,ping me,I'll modify. But your story is awesome especially your injections of the conversations in Yoruba. You are awesome.
*following*

Ayamlaykorn
Thanks, can U pls identify those places I need to correct? This will help me grow. Thanks
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
pelumiakinboye:
Thanks, can U pls identify those places I need to correct? This will help me grow. Thanks
There are places you use the particle "an" in front of a word that starts with an "h". This should be only in cases where the "h" in the word is pronounced with a vowel sound. Eg,in the case of "honour" that is pronounced "onor". This is the only thing I can remember without re-reading. I'll reread in the evening and ping you sir.
Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by queenjoe(f): 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
still following.....

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 19, 2014
Continuation

Bola walked back from the market with heavy heart, she just made a fool out of herself. "How on earth did you engage in a fight with that woman? That illitrate!" She asked herself.

The horn of a car brought Bola back to her senses, she looked up, ooops, she just walked past the corner that leads to her house, she walked back towards the gate of the Baptist High School as the thought of what happened in the market flash through her head.

Bola was standing across the table of the meat sellers when she suddenly felt someone's slap on her back, at first, she taught it was a coursemate or a Church member.

She turned around to observe who the person was only to find the troublesome vegetable seller standing as of a war.

She asked what she wanted from her in the best possible way only to be greeted with harsh words from the woman.

She turned away from her to avoid trouble but the woman kept the abusive words coming.

Bola tried to move away from the spot after she collected her meat from the seller, just as she passed the woman, the woman make mentioned of her mother.

Bola turned and warned the woman not to mention her mother but before she could finish her words, the woman gave her a hot slap.

The slap was so hard that she felt the pain all over her body.

The slap the woman gave her awaken the monster in her, and this monster caused her to loose her senses, the woman charged for her but was held back by one of the meat seller.

Bola dropped her stuff (things she bought from the market) to revenge the slap when a certain hand withheld her, she pushed the hand away, moved to the woman in an attempt to return the slap only for the meat seller to stand in her way.

She grabbed the knife on the table to scare the man away before another hand held her, she tried to fight out her hand from the grip before she realise that she has injured the person who happened to be her boyfriend.

"Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!" A group of boys sitting under a tree shouted as Bola dropped into a gutter, three of the boys raced towards her, gets to the spot and raised her from the gutter.

"What were you thinking?" One of the boys asked, another boy quickly ask if she's alright, Bola didn't gave a response to this questions, she was just looking like a deaf and dumb little girl.

"i hope your hostel is not far from here" the last boy asked and finally, Bola responded, "yes sir, it's over there".

"Aminu, let us walk her home, since Pa-solo is not around" Aminu nodded in agreement, Tade picked up Bola's bag along with the things she got from the market which luckily escape the gutter while Deji held her hand as Bola limped along.

They finally arrived at Dynamic Hostel, as Aminu opened the gate, his phone began to ring, "Hello, pa-solo is around? Ok, we are coming".

"We have to go now, our tutor is around" Aminu said as he close(s) the gate behind him. Bola thanked them as they walked out of the gate.

The three boys talked about Bola as they walk back to their tutorial center. "What on earth was she thinking?" Tade asked, "Maybe she lost one of her parent or probably a friend" Aminu replied.

"Whatever thing she's thinking about is her business, I beg make we waka quick jare before Pa-solo start the class" Deji responded with an authoritative tone.

They continued to walk towards one of the classrom in the famous Baptist High School before a bike rushed a boy that has been shot on the fore head towards Rainbow Hospital which is located inside the Baptist High School compound with another boy holding him from behind.

"What was that?" Aminu asked as they turned around to observe the bike, "O boy, how I want take know na? Maybe it is one of the cultist" Deji responded.

"That guy looks like Goke, Badman's P.A" Tade said as they continue to stare at the bike. "Goke?" Na lie jare, I beg make we dey go" Deji dragged him as they continue they walk to the classroom.

To Be Continued...

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by queenjoe(f): 8:54am On Nov 20, 2014
now m enjoying dis story d more, can't wait to read more

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Write A Book On Anything In 14 Days Or Less / THE FRIENDLY NEIGBHOUR (18+) By @deolububble / The Precious Figure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.