Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Questions On Crashing Military Jets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions On Crashing Military Jets (1096 Views)

List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo / Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries / Military Jets Bombard Boko Haram Militants In Gombe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions On Crashing Military Jets by bilms(m): 8:07am On Nov 15, 2014
CONFUSION AS FIGHTER JETS CONTINUE TO CRASH
In the last few months, several military choppers belonging to the Nigerian Air Force has reportedly been crashing without any proper explanation from the military authority. More worrisome is the fact that, these crashes never stops, they continue to happen on a daily basis. In all of these crashes, valuable human lives being lost. Skilled and valuable military workers like pilots, who are very short in supply continue to loss their lives and we are yet to be concerned about this growing trend of crashes, neither have we sort to prevent such from re-occurring.
Less than 3 days after a military helicopter on surveillance mission crashed in Damare, a suburb of Girei Local Govt Area of Adamawa, another chopper believed to belong to the Nigerian Air force has gone down around the same area again.
On Thursday, a military helicopter reportedly crashed and exploded on Thursday night killing all three crew on board, in an area where there were no reports of combat or Boko Haram activities.
On Friday, three servicemen were killed in a military helicopter crash in the restive northeast. The military said the aircraft involved was a ground attack helicopter on an armed patrol.
Four days ago, the military also reported a helicopter safely crash-landed minutes after take off from Yola International Airport in Adamawa state.
Last month, a fighter jet reportedly crashed. Bokoharam claimed it shot it down, but such claim cannot be substantiated. Although, the group published video showing the beheading of a man friends identified as a Nigerian Air Force pilot. The military said a jet went missing Sept 11 with two crew. Last week, local fishermen claimed they found wreckage of the jet in the River Benue.
Similarly, a Nigerian Air force Alpha jet deployed to operate in Mali few months ago crashed in Niger Republic, resulting in the death of the two pilots. A report from DHQ source said it had suffered a mechanical problem.
In 2012, a military fighter jet crashed in Kaduna not far from its base situated in Mando, Also, on march 22, 2011, Chinese made F7 fighter jet crashed near Kano airport. The pilot died in the crash and no other details was provided.

As military chopeprs continue to crash, the confidence of pilots to land safely will be in doubt and that will go along way in affecting the outcome of their engagements.

We must ask, are these jets or helicopters in good working conditions?
If not, why allow them be used knowing they are unreliable and unsafe for the pilots?
If they are in good working condition, why are they crashing in such a re-occurring manner?
Are the pilots competent enough to handle them?
What are the authorities doing to prevent future re-occurrences?

Please, lets hear your view on this issue.

1 Like

Re: Questions On Crashing Military Jets by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 15, 2014
Nigeria is just a fail countrh
Re: Questions On Crashing Military Jets by Cannonleo(m): 8:34am On Nov 15, 2014
Most of these aircraft are just been revived for use.havinh suffered neglect from previous administrations...a lot of them.are stop gap recovery.measures(refurblished)..the problem lies heavily with ground technical crews..are they careful are.they competent...for other aircrafts I cant vouch but for MI series we have a.good track record when it comes to maintenance.that I know.most of these crashes result usually.from sharp banks and turns as the MI 24 and 35 are very good attack helo but are not built for sudden sharp turns or banks..

One the case of the helicopter that.crashed in girei if it was carrying supplies and still carrying ordinances(bombs) they is a tendency that it may have.exceded it recommended weight hence stress on the rotors...if the rotors start struggling 2 chew the.air to gain lift .then midair stops.is inevitable just as eye witnesses state..

It is a.burden we as nigerians have 2 bear for leaving our pride in so much disrepair since the days of IBB..the civilian governments of ObJ.yaradua.Nd GEj have done resusitation works on NAF but a hell lot needs 2 be done...it is only.painful dat the limited airframes we have are going down and trainning is no damnn joke in terms of time.but one cannot rule out other factors.
Gentlemen this is WAR and we need 2 start thinking like fighters.FAcT the only.helo I have a problem with is the agusta 109e(that killed yokowa and azzazi) that italian helicopter is total rubbish..i know how long it took NAF to put a stop 2 to its incesant crashes.it was the same.one.that crashed earlier in the week .am not comfortable with that brand at all

1 Like

Re: Questions On Crashing Military Jets by teemy(m): 9:22am On Nov 15, 2014
For me I say sabotage or neglect or a combination of the two.

1 Like

Re: Questions On Crashing Military Jets by Willybos(m): 9:34am On Nov 15, 2014
Nigerian air force are not helping Matters to the country, an our prayer is that iv their not helping matters 2 all this affected areas, daz how the will kip continue crashing
Re: Questions On Crashing Military Jets by oweniwe(m): 10:21am On Nov 15, 2014
ever wondered why d choppers started crashing after Nigeria accused the U.S of refusal to sell attack choppers to fight boko haram?

U.S replied that Nigeria does not have the competency to maintain advanced choppers....

Then NAF planes and choppers started crashing.....

Do you all know that a drone can be "hacked", reprogramed mid air, diverted and "captured"? Iran did it with U.S drones.

I think some people close by in Neigbouring countries.... Installed aircraft "hacking" tech in their military bases close to our borders, "hacked" NAF's planes and crashed them just to prove a point...

they could deliberately hack and crash d planes so we can cough out hard currencies to buy new ones from them

or they are against Nigeria winning boko haram cos the economic instability boko haram caused in the north east is benefitting them immersely, they realized that the aircrafts played crucial roles in Nigerian army victories, so they decided to "go for" the aircrafts

which ever way, Chad/Niger/Cameroon and U.S/France certainly have hand in arming, training and supplying sensitive intelligence about Nigeria to boko haram......!!...

2 Likes

Re: Questions On Crashing Military Jets by manmade(m): 11:43am On Nov 15, 2014
I've said it before in my post that there seemed to be a stationary Aircraft hidden in the space and shooting down all these aircrafts or a well stationed anti aircrafts artillery is responsible for it but one thing I'm sure of is sooner than we expected all hidden things will be expose

1 Like

Re: Questions On Crashing Military Jets by Missy89(f): 11:47am On Nov 15, 2014
oweniwe:
ever wondered why d choppers started crashing after Nigeria accused the U.S of refusal to sell attack choppers to fight boko haram?

U.S replied that Nigeria does not have the competency to maintain advanced choppers....

Then NAF planes and choppers started crashing.....

Do you all know that a drone can be "hacked", reprogramed mid air, diverted and "captured"? Iran did it with U.S drones.

I think some people close by in Neigbouring countries.... Installed aircraft "hacking" tech in their military bases close to our borders, "hacked" NAF's planes and crashed them just to prove a point...

they could deliberately hack and crash d planes so we can cough out hard currencies to buy new ones from them

or they are against Nigeria winning boko haram cos the economic instability boko haram caused in the north east is benefitting them immersely, they realized that the aircrafts played crucial roles in Nigerian army victories, so they decided to "go for" the aircrafts

which ever way, Chad/Niger/Cameroon and U.S/France certainly have hand in arming, training and supplying sensitive intelligence about Nigeria to boko haram......!!...

This is bloody outrageous!
Re: Questions On Crashing Military Jets by oweniwe(m): 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2014
Missy89

its not outrageous. Its d simple norm nowadays.

Y do u think none of the many sophisticated weapons Gadaffi acquired or saddam's arsenal became useless once the west ganged up against them?

The countries that made those weapons aren't stupid. It'll be foolish for them to sell weapons to other countries who could in turn use the same weapon against them.

Its the same in every other sector. Any country or bank that tradesin dollar and yet engage in deals that are against the U.S interest will simply be blocked from trading and fined heavily. That is why south africa chikened out of selling arms to Nigeria.

Do you know that the engine of modern jetliners have trackers in them? A few clicks in the control room is all needed to down a jetliner.

If u buy a plane and its country of origin/allies dont want you to use it somewhere, even if it is within your own country, you can't use it.

Where do we even buy the spare parts from? Is it not from them?

1 Like

Re: Questions On Crashing Military Jets by Missy89(f): 8:20pm On Nov 15, 2014
oweniwe:
Missy89

its not outrageous. Its d simple norm nowadays.

Y do u think none of the many sophisticated weapons Gadaffi acquired or saddam's arsenal became useless once the west ganged up against them?

The countries that made those weapons aren't stupid. It'll be foolish for them to sell weapons to other countries who could in turn use the same weapon against them.

Its the same in every other sector. Any country or bank that tradesin dollar and yet engage in deals that are against the U.S interest will simply be blocked from trading and fined heavily. That is why south africa chikened out of selling arms to Nigeria.

Do you know that the engine of modern jetliners have trackers in them? A few clicks in the control room is all needed to down a jetliner.

If u buy a plane and its country of origin/allies dont want you to use it somewhere, even if it is within your own country, you can't use it.

Where do we even buy the spare parts from? Is it not from them?

Of course planes, drones, jets can be brought down but do u even know if the military has been maintaining their equipment? giving the fact that most of this relics have been sitting idle before the insurgency and there was basically no use for them.

Not every accident is a conspiracy! drones and jets are different from a old helicopter, they dont have sophisticated chips that can be hacked and only pulse bombs can bring them down. That was my point.
Re: Questions On Crashing Military Jets by Horus(m): 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2014
The money allocated for maintaining the aircrafts was stolen. Here, Corruption is responsible for the crashs
Re: Questions On Crashing Military Jets by oweniwe(m): 1:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
Missy89:

Of course planes, drones, jets can be brought down but do u even know if the military has been maintaining their equipment? giving the fact that most of this relics have been sitting idle before the insurgency and there was basically no use for them.

Not every accident is a conspiracy! drones and jets are different from a old helicopter, they dont have sophisticated chips that can be hacked and only pulse bombs can bring them down. That was my point.

they can be retro-fitted.

I beg to disagree that the aircrafts havent been in use for long. They're flown regularly for "non combat missions"....

When owoeye azazi, former NSA died in a NAF helicopter crash, is it cos d chopper wasnt being used regularly?

Was it not the same aircrafts that has been in use since 2011? Didnt ihejirika use the same aircrafts? Why are they all crashing simultaneously? If dey crash once in a while, no problem...

But for a chopper to crash today, anoda crash tomorrow, another crash next week, i dont think its a matter of maintenance.... The ground crew are thoroughly trained both home and abroad so i dont think maintenance is the issue. Even new fighter jets on non combat flights do crash.....

My point is, the people behind boko haram have realized the roles the choppers and jets play in smoking they out..... So they decided to go for them.

I think the best option is if the Nigeria army has its own air wing. that way, the army can plan its missions without calling on the airforce while the air force can focus on reconnaisance et all while sharing intelligence with each other.
Re: Questions On Crashing Military Jets by oweniwe(m): 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2014
Missy89: you're right about EMP bomb.... Russia suspected the U.S used Jericho weapon to collapse T.B joshua's church... So anything is possible....

Plus Boko haram/sponsors have money... Millions of dollars... If they can assemble those IEDs, AA guns, hmmmm...

But i strongly disagree that the aircrafts arent properly maintained.
Re: Questions On Crashing Military Jets by bilms(m): 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hum

(1) (Reply)

Heavy Gunfire, Explosions Heard In Maiduguri / Naira Devaluation And The Nigerian. / A Counter Thread To Those That Have Said They Wouldn't Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.