Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

A Call For Disbandment Of This Present Super Eagles - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Call For Disbandment Of This Present Super Eagles (26406 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / Opinion : A Clarion Call For The Disbandment Of The U17 National Team!!! / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Call For Disbandment Of This Present Super Eagles by andyanders: 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
We have no team and no coach. Keshi has never EVER been a good coach hence he was thrown away by Mali and Togo.

His egocentric and lack of managerial capability destroyed the entire team and pitched him with his players whom he was always out to have issues with and now the entire country has to be denied a place in this coming Nations Cup.

Sisia built the last team that he used to prosecute the last Nations cup that he won. When he took over, he started having issues with Osaze, Ike Uche and their likes and this lead to the present display of lack of team work and here we are are by not defending the cup we won.

This has placed Keshi as the worst coach Nigeria EVER had.
Re: A Call For Disbandment Of This Present Super Eagles by fm4real2k6(m): 12:14pm On Nov 20, 2014
::::::#SuperEaglesOuster: In the spirit of blame-game::::::::
::::::#ClubFootballSystem: MISSING LINK IN OUR SUSTANINABLE FOOTBALL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT::::::

For me, i'll heap my blame solely on the Nigerian Club system, as important as they should be, they are the weakest link in our football development.

Imagine we have viable clubs, it will sure reflect in our league. A coach like Mr Keshi would've been involved in local clubs and even those ''ex-internationals'' who believe they can do better than Keshi, and it would've been more easier to know their strenght and weakness.

Imagine, the kind of players we will be producing in a viable clubs, they will be tactically and technically sound, mentally strong and scientifically driven added to their natural football talent.

Presently, many people have this fear about local players and coaches, not because they are not ''ok'' , but they have been a product of a wrong club-football system.

Obviously, there is a lot to clean up, and the clubs suppose to be the starting point. The clubs made the league. A bad leagus is a function of bad clubs.

We can not have large pool of talents couple with a matching Market and yet the club system that suppose to prime and showcase these talents to the ''appreciation'' of the market is riddled with stinking-ness.

The most annoying thing is the so called ''club owners'', meetings up and down, reviewing the league as though they have anything tangible they have contributed to better their respective clubs all along
For me, i wont blame the present "super'' Eagles players, they are not more than a average and their foregn-born counterpat are not any better.

We are duty-bound to develop our football from the home front. Ensuring good football culture and application of scientific approach to football coaching and management will have greater impact if we start from the home league.

I have always believe we are closer to our eldorado, all we just need is one bold and daring move to breakthrough into it.

We need to join hands in cleaning up the rot in our club football system through the club lincencing initiative, the community ownership initiative and every other initiatives that will add value to the system.

If Nigerian telecommunication sector can be liberated, and PHCN too is going through thesame, who says our club system cant be liberated?

Recent successes in our National teams engagements had obviously down to individual or some group of people brilliance.

Sustainable development and growth is what we need, and we willl only get that if we can channel our collective energy to clean up the rottingness in our club system.
We say enough is enough.

Fapohunda Olufemi John.
Follow on twitter: IamFOJ
Re: A Call For Disbandment Of This Present Super Eagles by Nascimento(m): 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
Rubber band them
Re: A Call For Disbandment Of This Present Super Eagles by petux(m): 12:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
stowi 4 d Gods
Re: A Call For Disbandment Of This Present Super Eagles by Fellonigerians: 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
konjakonja:
Hello Niaralanders,

I am of opinion that this present national team should be disbanded irrespective of the outcome of the ongoing match between Congo and Nigeria. The team lacks cohesion, individual skills, and above all,the technical crew is no longer competent to handle the national team. Stephen Keshi and his men destroyed the same team they built 2 years ago. 48 minutes of no meaningful shot on target from the Eagles!!! How long shall we continue to swallow the bitter pills? I am tired of this particular team and everything it represents.

I want us to build a team from scratch,a team that will not feature any of the present crop of players representing us today, the man that won the last Fifa under 17 world cup should be given the mandate to rebuild our team.

I want to use this medium to thank Coach Keshi and his technical crew for bringing success to us 2 years ago, but, we got to move on to the next level without them.

Best Regards,

Bro Konjakonja.

The administrators of football are the problem... If a system is not well-run, we cant blame the players... Is it cos they are the ones we see??

It was a well-planned system that won the World Cup for Germany, not the fact that they had world-class players...
Re: A Call For Disbandment Of This Present Super Eagles by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
Jelo4kul:
Nigeria should forget about football and face ludo and ayo. #Sillyteam
Hahahahhahah dis guy is so funny bt if u luk @ it critically he's ryt.I suport team ludo

1 Like

Re: A Call For Disbandment Of This Present Super Eagles by mikeakeh(m): 12:03am On Nov 21, 2014
i agree, not only that but a white or non-nigerian coach shud b appointed, someone who wud pick players witawt sentiment.. or wht do y'all tink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muhammad Ali: The Greatest, A Lookback, Career And Tributes In Pictures. / The 12 Athletes That Won Medals For Nigeria At The Paralympic Games / My Pictures With Super Eagles just before finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.