Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,489 members, 7,958,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:35 PM

As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! (2505 Views)

Amaechi Finally Speaks On Jonathan's Defeat By Buhari / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured / Jonathan: Combating Corruption By Conversation By Sonala Olumhense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by gregg2: 4:04pm On Nov 16, 2014
Splashme:

They are very good at writing - always winning on Punch, Nation, TVC etc

PUNCH is becoming worse than sahara reporters.
They will only allow your post to remain if you praise Buhari and APC or criticise GEJ and PDP else they take it down immediately. They have become more partisan than Sahara Reporters
Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by sartorius(m): 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
All parties are the.same, this election should be about individuals not necessarily parties, some Apc governed states have performed worse than pdp controlled states, take fayose as an example to the the shocking results that we would Witness, however I must say Gej really lost goodwill he had in 2011,the level of corruption is killing.2015 election is likely to send gej out just depending on Apc primaries which I consider crucial, 4 out of the 6 region are against him, even US goverment wants him out because of corruption.
Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by olapluto(m): 4:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
My fear is not in the sanity of Nigerians (because only a mad person will continue to support someone who wants him dead). My fear is in the credibility of the electoral process.
I look at 2011 election results and I pity this country. The people will vote against PDP and GEJ. My only fear is that money will make some RECs to declare favourable results for PDP. Solution to this will be a lot of independent online collation of results in the over 120,000 PUs.
Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by Remarkable: 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
I thought this dude was an objective writer....

well, knowing the part of the country he comes from, what could I have expected.

GEJ till 2019! That's all, meet 'em at the polls.
Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by LogicPower(m): 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
banki:

I still ask myself how we got ourselves in this mess.....

We all knew that for two years as governor of bayelsa.....He kept giving excuses how he was only continuing the job his predecessor started blah blah
As acting president of Nigeria he couldn't even stand up to Turai Yaradua and her cohorts in the same ASO rOCK

I don't expect him to to stand up to shekau.....
just 3days ago Tompolo threatned the president and nothing happened instead the president chickend out and didn't go to warri

- -- -

Your question in bold is not difficult to answer.

First, among those who voted the clueless in 2011, there were many who genuinely, albeit naively, believed that he actually represented a clean break from the inglorious past; hence they perceived him as a harbinger of 'fresh air'. But he has now proved to them that he can even hand the ministerial slot of any state to the most evil and most corrupt character from that state if he perceives that could enhance his electoral chances in that state.

Second, there were many, among those who voted for him, who were enlightened and discernible enough to know that he would not make a good president, simply because of his antecedents; they were fully aware that as a deputy governor, governor and VP, he exhibited enough worrying traits of weakness, cluelessness, indecisiveness, pandering to the corrupt elite, or even being part of the corrupt system himself, yet out of ethnic sentiments, they decided to vote for him as a lesser evil, the bigger evil being a Northerner, whoever he might be.

Third, there were also the religious bigots, who simply voted for him because he is a Christian, just as some equally bigoted Muslims in the North would not hesitate to vote for a corrupt character, like Atiku, against a Christian candidate who is not so tainted by corruption. Although the corrupt elite of Nigeria (Christians and Muslims) have been exploiting these religious divide among us to their personal advantages, our clueless leader and his cohorts in CAN deliberately, and most cynically and dangerously, have been exacerbating it for political gains, knowing how gullible the Nigerian masses are when it comes to religion.

3 Likes

Re: As Easy As PDP (to Defeat) By Sonala Olumhense - A Must Read !!! by LogicPower(m): 12:14pm On Nov 17, 2014
pendy79:
Who is the finger itching mod who hid my comment on this post. I asked why this post is not on front page if personal opinions are worth front page.

Olisa agbakoba gave a constitutional opinion despite being a maritime lawyer it flew to front page, an erudite professor of constitutional law gave a contrary and informed opinion but it was left to wallow in the Politics section.

What rule have I broken to warrant my post being hidden?

Move this thread to front page or we should accept that only opinion in favour of the PDP deserves to be there, so we don't bother asking

Gbawe:

Bro, we are used to this sort of abuse of power. It is the Nigerian way after all. We are a people, despite conventional education, still emotionally and democratically immature. The notion of behaving in a just and equitable manner always is not something some Nigerians are ready to accept let alone live by.

This is one of the reason the poor and disenfranchise do not currently have a voice or strong representation in Nigeria. The Nigerian elite, in positions of influence same as the mods and the owner of Nairaland enjoy, abuse their powers and use it to intolerantly muzzle the wishes, opinion, voices and aspirations of the Nigerian people. I accept what Nairaland is and you will notice I am never found complaining here. This is because I know that the supporters of GEJ who run this forum will never prevent future development that are meant to be. GEJ is a terrible President Nigerians want to see the back of. The discriminatory antics of Nairaland administrators will not change anything.

Although I hardly ever subscribe to conspiracy theories (and I can recognize one, when I see it), I am now convinced, more than ever before, that some cunning pro-JEG elements among the NL mods use their positions to surreptitiously and craftily stifle enlightened voices of opposition to the GEJ government, thereby defeating the whole essence of a forum like this. Or else, how can one explain the systematic killing of debate on two brilliant pieces by Dele Momodu and Sonala?

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Former Attorney General And Minister Of Justice Dump PDP / Fuel Palava: Fuel Tanker Cut Fire & Killed Upto 50 People In Onitsha: Graphic / See Photos Of Fake Coca Cola Products Being Produced -so Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.