Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) (16972 Views)

What Are Imo State Women Known For? / A Wife Or A Car: Which Is More Expensive To Maintain? / Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
peziz:
Mstcheew... It's not even expensive joor!! op mind your business, let your cousin do the needful grin I'm sure there is a cash equivalent for the items if such cannot be bought. I bet it's not even up to 200k. Stop embarrassing your friend here joor! undecided

Here is a sample bride list from my town.
lool...this wan is strong..so 1k for biro?
Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by shalommeri(f): 9:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
can we see your own list?
wait for 6 mor yrs..u'll c mine
Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by DonaTee(f): 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2014
ℓσℓ d list is expensive...buh I'm sure its negotiable to some extent.

My List was similar to this BUT witout d moneys given to different pple, no Rooster ℓσℓ , no tobacco n cigarette L̃̾Õ☺Õ̾Ô=Dcheesy=))winkÕÔ☺ÔÕ̾L̃̾
Funny tho #old men smoking @ a trad wedding...epic

Mine had household furniture, electronic n kitchen gadjet, stcokfish sef dey specify d size #biggest size 20pieces...Gosh. Afikpo List Cost jare cheesy

@op if u love d girl n treat her right she ll attract blessings to u

1 Like

Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
DonaTee:
ℓσℓ d list is expensive...buh I'm sure its negotiable to some extent.

My List was similar to this BUT witout d moneys given to different pple, no Rooster ℓσℓ , no tobacco n cigarette L̃̾Õ☺Õ̾Ô=Dcheesy=))winkÕÔ☺ÔÕ̾L̃̾
Funny tho #old men smoking @ a trad wedding...epic

Mine had household furniture, electronic n kitchen gadjet, stcokfish sef dey specify d size #biggest size 20pieces...Gosh. Afikpo List Cost jare cheesy

@op if u love d girl n treat her right she ll attract blessings to u
. Lool..But seriously Why are igbo ppl like dis na?? What's up with ya guys and stock fish in wedding?
Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by DonaTee(f): 10:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
Osahon7:
. Lool..But seriously Why are igbo ppl like dis na?? What's up with ya guys and stock fish in wedding?

Na flexing/enjoyment sontin to dem. Dey shared d stockfish to every1 dat attended. Also important family members piece of stockfish n slice of uncooked yam was given to dose who couldn't attend....I remember my uncle called frm abuja to say he got his parcel cheesy

I heard it is aimed @ making it difficult 4 d couple to separate...cos u can't go round taking bak ur bride price n goodies d groom brought frm different pple. Tho dese days pple separate n dats dat. Berra stil poor pple stil marry wit "modified lists".
Also its worse if d man isn't frm d same village/town wit d girl

1 Like

Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by Natasha2(f): 11:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hmmm and I was expecting to see an expensive list. Yes its more than what some other tribes will ask for but I wont call it expensive at least not this list. My view though.
Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by Cashio(m): 4:37am On Nov 18, 2014
just give de girl belle and de reverse becomes de case
Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 18, 2014
That list isent expensive, not all state is expensive in igbo land, enugu state is cheap and most part of anambra ,all this people spreading rumours ,if you pregnant a girl the child belongs to the guy not girl, only few communities is the opposite mostly ngwa people, mbaise
Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by Funkychic(f): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
ooh boy!! you think marriage is a jack and Jill's play??.. if u can't afford d items on d list, then get married from your kingdom.........case.....closed!!
Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by addictiv(m): 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Owerri, Nkwerri, Mbaano and Mbaise.

Families there become stinking billionaires after their daughter's wedding cheesy
men I almost spilled drink on my uncle while reading this....showed it to him and it's causing an out burst here in Nguru, Aboh-mbaise. Anyways I love my Imo women, esp Mbaise Y'all can say whatever you like about them. I can't see Mrs Addictiv coming from any other place apart from Imo or Enugu. Btw I tot owelle said the official bride price in Imo is 10k.

Funny enough showing them this topic made someone remember that there is a traditional marriage ceremony somewhere close. So i am in the ceremony and am deeply tempted to ask the groom how much he spent on his list.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 06, 2015
@OP Abeg let Igbo people marry themselves.
As an Edo guy who grew up in Lagos, I even prefer Yoruba culture sef so wouldn't mind a babe from there if I no jam correct Ishan babe.

I also deeply pity the Igbo girls who get all h0rny, wet and excited over the fact that their list is large.
Una mind only dey think "Wedding" but una mind never set for "Marriage". Hope you know that the more "expensive" you were bought for, the more that is expected of you afterwards both from the husband and YOUR in-laws.

There is a reason why most "Husband killed wife" stories in naija na from Igbo side.
Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
^^ Make sense dawg.

addictiv:

men I almost spilled drink on my uncle while reading this....showed it to him and it's causing an out burst here in Nguru, Aboh-mbaise. Anyways I love my Imo women, esp Mbaise Y'all can say whatever you like about them. I can't see Mrs Addictiv coming from any other place apart from Imo or Enugu. Btw I tot owelle said the official bride price in Imo is 10k.

Funny enough showing them this topic made someone remember that there is a traditional marriage ceremony somewhere close. So i am in the ceremony and am deeply tempted to ask the groom how much he spent on his list.

So there's now an official brideprice?

I knew it that 2015 had something amazing in store for we bachelors grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by nekkyosas(f): 10:48am On Jan 07, 2015
that's their tradition ....every body has his or her tradition.... smiley
Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by nekkyosas(f): 10:53am On Jan 07, 2015
jayedu108:
Imo girls have some kinda of nasty attitude,with they ridicoulous bride price,I can't even marry an ibo woman self tank God ma woman is fr delta I no go even get dat kind long list.
Lol...hahahaha grin
Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by shulah(m): 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
It is not just IMO state, it thinks it's the whole of east. No problem let them carry their beauty and grow old in their father's house. In my opinion I feel they are been sold off to their husband dats why they ask for those huge, stressful and expensive things from the man. Apologies if needed

1 Like

Re: Why Are Imo State Ladies This Expensive To Marry?(see Pics Of Marriage List) by Richy4(m): 4:38am On Mar 27, 2015
corisande:
grin
Ndi imo kwenu!
beta soup na money kill am oooooo
Abeg our ancestors wey write the list don die, dem for review am.

forget wetin dem write for list.
bride price dey negotiable!
Yes! in my place
The list na formality and to shake the inlaws tongue

I don't think the ancestors wrote that. I have never seen a list that involves kerosene.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? / How Much Is ‘too Much’ To Spend On ‘aso Ebi’ / My Registry & Traditional Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.