Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" (1181 Views)

Wife Asks Our Son To Beat Me Up Anytime We Quarrel —pastor Tells Court / Ojukwu's Family Asks Bianca For Proof Of Marriage / If Your Husband Asks You To Dress More Sexily At Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by Thinkr(m): 12:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
This is a simple Question but it draws up more questions in my mind like- "If I tell her am from Edo will she get uncomfortable?" "if I say am from yoruba will I get this job or not" "will he assist me if am not an igbo man like him".... Even when you are applying for a job the forms you fill will request such, when you want to open a bank account it will also request such. Are we not suppose to identify ourselves as "A Nigerian" instead of differentiating ourselves in terms of tribe. So Nairalanders do you also feel weird when asked such because I do. These are one of other reasons that make us see tribes before being a Nigerian Share your story if any.

3 Likes

Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by Thinkr(m): 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
Seun farano abi na ferano moderators pls move to FP ooh I need opinions and answers. Else I will commit suicide this holy sunday grin
Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by temmyt20(m): 1:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
nope...usually use my original state....na only address i dey change....today, i dey lag, 2moro Ogun, .....
Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
Lol.....

Thinkr:
Seun farano abi na ferano moderators pls move to FP ooh I need opinions and answers. Else I will commit suicide this holy sunday grin
Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by Thinkr(m): 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
temmyt20:
nope...usually use my original state....na only address i dey change....today, i dey lag, 2moro Ogun, .....
exactly what am saying what's the need for state of origin? If you talk to a girl dey ask you "what state are you from" interview same, and then dey most times judge base of state. Its freaks me out when asked such. There Seun osewa and moderators. I need answers to this questions. Move this piss of shitz to the fp sad
Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by Evina(f): 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
Thinkr:
exactly what am saying what's the need for state of origin? If you talk to a girl dey ask you "what state are you from" interview same, and then dey most times judge base of state. Its freaks me out when asked such. There Seun osewa and moderators. I need answers to this questions. Move this piss of shitz to the fp sad

" piss of shitz" are not FP worthy. Your aggressive request has been denied.
Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by Thinkr(m): 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
Evina:

am sorry ma. If I edit will it be moved? Are you even a moderator? Or you know somebody who knows somebody? I just need a wider range of opinions dats all. I didn't mean that "pizz of shitz" thingy ok
Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Evina:

See your lips.
Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by Babamide(m): 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
The human race would always be divided by ethnicity, religion, colour. People would always judge u based on these. It is either don't marry girls from this tribe, they are witches, or don't date guys from that tribe, they are stingy. Don't associate with this religion, they are terrorist or don't associate with that religion, their prophets are thieves.
If only we could overcome the division, our country would move forward. We won't consider religion or ethnicity in voting for a candidate.

1 Like

Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by Thinkr(m): 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
assfreak:

See your lips.
smh* but I didn't post this on romance or sexuality section na. Haba
Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by Thinkr(m): 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
Babamide:
The human race would always be divided by ethnicity, religion, colour. People would always judge u based on these. It is either don't marry girls from this tribe, they are witches, or don't date guys from that tribe, they are stingy. Don't associate with this religion, they are terrorist or don't associate with that religion, their prophets are thieves.
If only we could overcome the division, our country would move forward. We won't consider religion or ethnicity in voting for a candidate.
Naija is not the only country with lots of tribes. China, india amongst others also got theirs. But naija own is somehow. Where I school, once you are not their tribe their girls don't trust you. Like seriously its that bad. You go for an interview and a yoruba interviewer asking what state you are from, fear sets in. Even in CV's state of origin is most times required. Its wrong.
Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by Thinkr(m): 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
Seun Tgirl4real and RoyalRoy fp plizz. Am not done. Need msg and awareness sent to more people
Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by BTFormular: 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
*Just in case*
Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by jmoore(m): 3:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
It is a simple question that demands a simple answer.

If you ask me, I will give you my answer.
Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by stinggy(m): 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
The one that infuriates me more:

What tribe are you?

I hate that question
Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by Thinkr(m): 4:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
stinggy:
The one that infuriates me more:

What tribe are you?

I hate that question
same Question. When you answer it stereotyping sets in. Most anoying is the fact that its done officially in companies, schools, banks, interviews.
Re: When Someone Asks Me "What State Are You From" by Evina(f): 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
Thinkr:
am sorry ma. If I edit will it be moved? Are you even a moderator? Or you know somebody who knows somebody? I just need a wider range of opinions dats all. I didn't mean that "pizz of shitz" thingy ok

Okay grin

(1) (Reply)

10 Kinds Of People You Must Not Marry / What Is The Nicest Thing You'r Mum Ever Done For You? / My Baby Is Addicted To Feeding Bottle.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.