Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) (18290 Views)

Fire Razes Don Bosco Secondary School Hostel In Anambra (photos) / “engineering Building, The Biggest In West Africa. Afe Babalola University. / Merit List Of Engineering Student Of Unilag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by Ishilove: 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
[img]http://4.bp..com/-a5Fa3IWDiMw/VGh0B4VNmeI/AAAAAAAD6E0/KQMeyh5srls/s1600/2.jpg[/img]

Fire, on Friday night, gutted the School of Engineering Office Complex of the Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti.
The ravaging fire which started at about 11 pm completely burnt the complex housing the office of the Dean of the School of Engineering and other adjourning offices, including those of the Heads of Department of Mechanical, Civil, Electrical/ Electronics and Agricultural Engineering, as well as a large classroom.

In a statement on Saturday by the Deputy Registrar (Information), Mr. Ade Adeyemi-Adejolu, the Rector of the Institution, Dr. Taiwo Akande, who also participated in the rescue efforts along with members of the Governing Council, as well as some top officials of the Polytechnic, described it as a disaster of monumental proportions.
She lamented that so many sensitive and un-replaceable documents and materials ranging from computers, furniture, office cabinets and the building complex were lost in the inferno.

According to her, an emergency meeting of the Governing Council was still on around 11:05 pm when some students raised alarm about the fire.

He said efforts to prevent the fire from spreading to other facilities proved abortive.

While stating that the cause of the fire had yet to be ascertained because there was neither electricity supply nor any bush burning at the time of the incident, she added that investigation would be launched to unravel the cause.

The Rector appealed to the Ekiti State Government, the National Emergency Management Agency, the Tertiary Education Trust Fund, and other arms of the Federal Government to come to the aid of the Polytechnic in mitigating the monumental loses.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-r0No1gu8gAk/VGh0ClZ3QqI/AAAAAAAD6E8/jnp-v1tFa0k/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-gJXB3MFXRE8/VGh0DQ4h4bI/AAAAAAAD6FE/AkYm_Oe-ZtQ/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/fire-guts-ado-ekiti-poly-engineering-complex/

PHOTO SOURCE: http://lindaikeji..nl/2014/11/photos-fire-guts-adopoly-school-of.html?m=1
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
Is that ya ouse undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by Ishilove: 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
bigFOOTcaveMAN:
Is that ya ouse undecided
Bat cave

1 Like

Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 1:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
Ishilove:

Bat cave
I thought so initially, post updated now.
Kkk.
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by ALKARULEZ615(m): 1:54pm On Nov 16, 2014
jUst_In_cAsE
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by blemon44(m): 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
chaii!!
may the lost building RIP
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by holatin(m): 2:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
Pls moderator, Y are u always happy to put bad news on front page ?

1 Like

Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by QMark: 2:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
Good news for the students who didn't write anything in the exam. The blank script is burnt.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by ayusco85(m): 2:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
I know who set the building ablaze........

But then I remembered its none of my business
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by Lianaluv(f): 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
I hope there is no casualty.
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by holatin(m): 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
this land is for burial of all our enemy that are still alive till this moment.....I tell you they won't live to see DECEMBER 1st.
happy sunday

2 Likes

Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by Misogynist2014(m): 2:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
Sorry o.
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by phollybee(m): 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
The Devil is a Liar! whooops! I made it to the Front Page, Oya join me to Sekem!

1 Like

Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by kamez(m): 2:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
Lolz.. The girl wearing blue in the pic sha..

Seriously staring at burnt wood... Like say na america wonder

5 Likes

Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by alingo4life: 2:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
Sabotage.sabotage.sabotage.
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by nofij(m): 2:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
Someone needed that fire to hide something.
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by Lakayanah: 2:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
I hope no life was lost, hope no one is trying to cover up certain things o.
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by MillionDollars: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
Loll?
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by Howcomes(m): 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
Sorry Engineers.
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by Encee1(m): 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
Not good... angryNot good...
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by Ifeogunleye1(f): 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
May God continue to save us oo
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by holyboss: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
Eeya #SMH

BTW, mind my signature wink
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by datguru: 2:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
Chai
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by Kasyn(m): 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
I don't know what adopoly is!.......because my mum is from france,my dad from trinidad and tobago! And i'm from russia...sorry what is poly ado? cry undecided

1 Like

Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by johnstar(m): 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
e don red
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by johnstar(m): 2:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by Librate(m): 2:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Ksslib u r here
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
My gudnes,this is really terrible, anyway thank God no lives were lost
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
please spare a minute and visit www.trendsnaija.com
=======================================

Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by Ybholy(m): 2:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
Glo 300GB Cheat For One Year is Out Now!

Glo Unlimited November Cheat is here again. Dont miss this one out if you are still in Nigeria.

● Think of browsing TDB (Till Day Break).

● Think of chatting with her till eternity .

● Think of sending her unlimited whatsapp messages all the year round.

● What else will you think of with it :- Streaming ? Uploading Youtube Videos ? Sending Images To her ? Posting on Your Website ?
Lols !

Get The Activation Code Now - http://.com/2014/11/16/glo-300gb-cheat-one-year-now-dont-miss/
Re: Tragedy: Fire Razes Adopoly School of Engineering Building (PICS) by Babyboy1986(m): 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chimdalu Onyekwuluje: Family Claims Negligence As Anambra Student Dies / I Failed JAMB 3 Times, WAEC 2 Twice & Got Expelled - Man Celebrate His 2 Degrees / JAMB 2017: Full Guidelines On How To Check MOCK Examination Details!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.