Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Infinix hot discussion and review thread! - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix hot discussion and review thread! (545443 Views)

Infinix Hot Note Review Thread. / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno D5 full Specifications and review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by guydangerous(m): 9:02am On Dec 11, 2014
Ok am seeing little improvement but ehh the infinix hot thread plenty oh make una organise una self abeg
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by therealesttin(m): 12:04pm On Dec 11, 2014
INFINIX HOT IS NOW AVAILABLE ON KONGA. ORDER YOURS NOW!!!!
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by guydangerous(m): 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
Comfired!!!!! make i go sell my tecno p3 for tradestable
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by MizTyna(f): 7:40am On Dec 14, 2014
Infinix hot is currently out of stock,it will be available again shortly
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by MizTyna(f): 7:55am On Dec 14, 2014
For those that have gotten their Infinix hot,kindly give us your own review oF the phone here,thank you!
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by khattab008: 8:02am On Dec 14, 2014
MizTyna:
Infinix hot is currently out of stock,it will be available again shortly

Out of stock? So soon?
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by Trippledots(m): 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2014
ok.... so i got mine yesterday. ordered it on d 11th got it on d 13th. fast!! i liked dat.

MY 'REVEEW' (lol)

i haven't done all those tweaking and blablabla, ill just post pix and give basic features and observations for those looking for a first-handers (is that word in d dict?) experience.

FEATURES
As said earlier in the device's specs...screen isn't HD! tho. and yes I've seen a HD screen of an innjoo i got for someone from jumia, i noticed a little diff between the two. the HD screen was better appealing.

PROS:
~light in d hand.
~screen has dis yellowish ting like a samsung s3 (abi s4 sef) screen i saw last year.I watched a trailer off youtube on d infinix hot and i liked it better than my n9 screen hue, except ofcourse d n9 has a BIGGAR screen wink
~dual sim
~sd card slot
~better viewing angles than my tecno n9 tab.

By the way it comes with earpiece and i listened to fm on it. nothing fantastic. it just gets the work done. basically.

Then charger, usb cable (with a fine unique flat design. i liked dat too), manuals as usual.

CONS:
-those guys weren't mincing words when they named it 'hot'. the device pretty gets warm on:
-streaming via WiFi for about 40mins or so.
-playing a subway-surf like game for less than 5mins.
-fiddling with the camera and video recording a 1min 15secs video with flash on.

other observations,:

JUICE
Battery stays pretty stable when device is idle, with no sim on and no WiFi. But on usage it seems to go down quite quickly. For example, when i just unboxed it, turned it on, scrolled the screen, flipped thru pre-installed apps and went through its settings and stuffs like dat, d battery dropped from %68 to around %65. For a new device, i expected something better, maybe not fantastic, but atleast enough to make me not get jittery about juice this early. ( android and battery ish sha, na wa)

OUTDOOR READABILITY
Outdoor readability is better than my n9 tab. esp with its auto brightness feature which cranks up ur screen brightness under bright ambient light and then goes down when under some shade. n9 tab doesn't have a working auto brightness feature.

errr, what else? ehen! its camera.

CAMERA
The cam isn't bad atall. details come out clear under bright light, has autofocus, and also takes decent night pictures with its flash. but don't expect the best colour reproduction when taking night pixs tho.
u can take a snapshot by sayîng 'cheese' or 'capture'......awesome feature..

RECEPTION
Network reception is just normal. A dead zone of my house while using my tab still had hiccups with finding network with this. WiFi connects well too i could still use my wifi over a distance of two standard rooms apart. I haven't used it to place or receive a call as at when writing thîs piece so i can't say anything about call clarity.

SUMMARY
its a good buy for its price range. i mean who gets a good phone at #12,900 plus free delîvery.

abeg, i don try..... cheesy any other questions mention me in ur question and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge and/or observation.

pixs coming up next.

1 Like

Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by akashi01(m): 12:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
Trippledots:
ok.... so i got mine yesterday. ordered it on d 11th got it on d 13th. fast!! i liked dat.

MY 'REVEEW' (lol)

i haven't done all those tweaking and blablabla, ill just post pix and give basic features and observations for those looking for a first-handers (is that word in d dict?) experience.

FEATURES
As said earlier in the device's specs...screen isn't HD! tho. and yes I've seen a HD screen of an innjoo i got for someone from jumia, i noticed a little diff between the two. the HD screen was better appealing.

PROS:
~light in d hand.
~screen has dis yellowish ting like a samsung s3 (abi s4 sef) screen i saw last year.I watched a trailer off youtube on d infinix hot and i liked it better than my n9 screen hue, except ofcourse d n9 has a BIGGAR screen wink
~dual sim
~sd card slot

By the way it comes with earpiece and i listened to fm on it. nothing fantastic. it just gets the work done. basically.

Then charger, usb cable (with a fine unique flat design. i liked dat too), manuals as usual.

CONS:
-those guys weren't mincing words when they named it 'hot'. the device pretty gets warm on:
-fiddling with the camera and video recording a 1min 15secs video with flash on.

other observations,:

JUICE
Battery stays pretty stable when device is idle, with no sim on and no WiFi. But on usage it seems to go down quite quickly. For example, when i just unboxed it, turned it on, scrolled the screen, flipped thru pre-installed apps and went through its settings and stuffs like dat, d battery dropped from %68 to around %65. For a new device, i expected something better, maybe not fantastic, but atleast enough to make me not get jittery about juice this early. ( android and battery ish sha, na wa)

OUTDOOR READABILITY
Outdoor readability is better than my n9 tab. esp with its auto brightness feature which cranks up ur screen brightness under bright ambient light and then goes down when under some shade. n9 tab doesn't have a working auto brightness feature.

CAMERA
The cam isn't bad atall. details come out clear under bright light, has autofocus, and also takes decent night pictures with its flash. but don't expect the best colour reproduction when taking night pixs tho.

RECEPTION
Network reception is just normal. A dead zone of my house while using my tab still had hiccups with finding network with this. WiFi connects well too i could still use my wifi over a distance of two standard rooms apart. I haven't used it to place or receive a call as at when writing thîs piece so i can't say anything about call clarity.

SUMMARY
its a good buy for its price range. i mean who gets a good phone at #12,900 plus free delîvery.

abeg, i don try..... cheesy any other questions mention me in ur question and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge and/or observation.

pixs coming up next.
this one na better review or comparison?
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by guydangerous(m): 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2014
Trippledots:

MY 'REVEEW' (lol)

FEATURES

PROS:
~light in d hand.
~dual sim
~sd card slot

CONS:

other observations,:

JUICE

OUTDOOR READABILITY

CAMERA

RECEPTION

SUMMARY

pixs coming up next.
thank God first and foremost for coming out
.1 did it come with memory card
.2 what type of sim slot does it have
.3 prove it to the lady on youtube review that these phone can play 3D games with one particular game aka gta sa or modern combat 5 with screenshots
.4 how true is the 2mega pixel of the front camera
.5 since is 16gig inbult how gig was left behind for users

God bless you sir
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by augster(m): 12:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
guydangerous:
.3 prove it to the lady on youtube review that these phone can play 3D games with one particular game aka gta sa or modern combat 5 with screenshots

God bless you sir
and what about earphones?
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by Trippledots(m): 12:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
akashi01:
this one na better review or comparison?

whichever
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by guydangerous(m): 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2014
augster:
and what about earphones?
he said it came with earphone plus he listened to radio with it
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by Trippledots(m): 1:08pm On Dec 14, 2014
guydangerous:

God bless you sir

-yh, i thank God

-nope, no mem card

-i really dont knw which is mini or micro. but my sim card i use for my tecno n9 fits into sim1 but not sim2

-if i lay m hands on any of the games u mentioned ill try it out

-can't find anywhere its stated on it. just the bck cam dat is 5mp.

-12.50gb left for user

-bless you too bro.
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by Trippledots(m): 1:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
more pix..

Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by augster(m): 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
guydangerous:
he said it came with earphone plus he listened to radio with it
I can't see that here ooo
I don see am for the pic ooo
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by Trippledots(m): 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
battery, all the junk in its trunk, screen shot and pix taken with cam.

Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by Trippledots(m): 1:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
then lastly the three capacitive buttons on the lower side don't have illumination at dark.
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by guydangerous(m): 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2014
Trippledots:

-yh, i thank God

-nope, no mem card

-i really dont knw which is mini or micro. but my sim card i use for my tecno n9 fits into sim1 but not sim2

-if i lay m hands on any of the games u mentioned ill try it out

-can't find anywhere its stated on it. just the bck cam dat is 5mp.

-12.50gb left for user

-bless you too bro.
OK so it didn't come with memory card (go thing I didn't sell my 32gig memory card)
2 so it uses mini and micro sim (mehn am not good at cutting mini sim)
3 ok pls post screenshots as well and you can get them from andropalace.net or android mob.org
4 try taking a pic using the front camera or better still try it at night (both front and back camera)
5 jeeesssssuuuuu,I go load the phone scatter
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by Promking: 3:22pm On Dec 14, 2014
Trippledots:
then lastly the three capacitive buttons on the lower side don't have illumination at dark.
Bleep Up angry
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by pat077: 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2014
is 3g enable on both sims?
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by barackodam: 11:32pm On Dec 14, 2014
guydangerous:
OK so it didn't come with memory card (go thing I didn't sell my 32gig memory card)
2 so it uses mini and micro sim (mehn am not good at cutting mini sim)
3 ok pls post screenshots as well and you can get them from andropalace.net or android mob.org
4 try taking a pic using the front camera or better still try it at night (both front and back camera)
5 jeeesssssuuuuu,I go load the phone scatter

my mind exactly
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by Trippledots(m): 11:43pm On Dec 14, 2014
Promking:

Bleep Up angry

lol, yeah. i find that uncomfortable. but im getting used to using it tho. like d way u learn to chat with qwerty keypad after using multi-tap keypad all along.

1 Like

Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by jossy91(m): 11:47pm On Dec 14, 2014
please tell us dis pictures wasn't taking with dis fone @trippledot
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by Trippledots(m): 12:13am On Dec 15, 2014
jossy91:
please tell us dis pictures wasn't taking with dis fone @trippledot

just d leaf pix dat was taken with the infinix hot.
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by Trippledots(m): 12:16am On Dec 15, 2014
pat077:
is 3g enable on both sims?

i wouldn't know that. but i read someone say both are enabled.
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by guydangerous(m): 12:47am On Dec 15, 2014
Trippledots:

i wouldn't know that. but i read someone say both are enabled.
it seems you didn't get the games and their screenshots
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by maxibrainz: 1:41am On Dec 15, 2014
Trippledots:
I just want to ask this few questions?
1. The phone uses mini and micro sim?
2. The phone screen is it IPS
3. can the phone be rooted and can it use glo Bis
4. can it handle HD games like godfire, asphalt 8, FIFA 14 etc.
5. Does the phone get hot when browsing
6. what is your review about the battery
7. what is the internal memory space left for storage
8. does it come with a case
tanx
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by IWillSucceed: 7:59am On Dec 15, 2014
@Trippledots please give us a more accurate and honest battery review.From your earlier description it appears battery will be a serious issue.
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by Trippledots(m): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2014
guydangerous:
it seems you didn't get the games and their screenshots

nope.
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by wheezyoung(m): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2014
Kelyto:
Am not trying to say this out of sentiments but out of experience... For those of you contemplating on which fone to buy Between tecno h6/infinix xero /gionee m2... I just bought my tecno h6 on 7th nov nd used the fone fr like 3wks and sold it 3 days ago and bought my gionee m2 yesterday.... Tecno-h6 fault =no loud earphone problem after I changed anoda earphone... The battery is not even gud compared to my former tecno p5....it runs down very fast especially on browsing with it... But the fone is jus cool and sleek.... but in all I just discovered dat one of the things dat will give you the satisfaction you need in a fone is the battery life and dat is wat gionee m2 gives you...... This should be the best fone I will ever use... The battery is near perfect fr an android fone... Despite heavy usage it hardly drains... I'm still loving this fone.... It has everything i need in a fone... 8mp, 8gb Rom, quad core, 1gb ram... With dis ull enjoy ur fone... Forget abt the octa core n wat infinix xero boasts of... Without a good battery hw u go take enjoy the fone..... Nobody told me all this before I wasted my time and money to buy the tecno h6....GIONEE M2/M3 NA BABA... GOD BLESS GIONEE PPL
how much are they...the m2 n 3
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by wheezyoung(m): 12:37pm On Dec 15, 2014
Trippledots:
did you use a phone camera or a digcam to take these pics....too cool
Re: Infinix hot discussion and review thread! by Trippledots(m): 1:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
wheezyoung:
did you use a phone camera or a digcam to take these pics....too cool

smiley thanks. its my tecno n9 phantom tab..... that's one of its strong sides. those pix are unedited.

but mind u, d last leaf pix was taken with s infinix hot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (245) (Reply)

Free Gameloft Games For Your Phone / MTN Customer Care Thread / Infinix zero discussion thread!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.