Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,231 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Realy Want To Know Who Jesus Is? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Realy Want To Know Who Jesus Is? (533 Views)

Muslims What Actualy Convince You That Realy Muhammed Is Prophet Of God? / Did God Realy Killed Innocent People As Claim By Atheist? / Did Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Realy Commit Adultery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Realy Want To Know Who Jesus Is? by Loveaflame(m): 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
Who is Jesus?
Who do you say I AM To understand who Jesus is; It is imperative to know that He didn’t just crop up in history within a Virgin’s birth.

Mankind has been trying to explain and understand the Nature of God since he was created. God has shown Himself to man in three forms. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This is what the bible calls the Godhead. Religions call it the Trinity because of the three facets Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

The word ‘Trinity’ is not in the Bible but then again neither is the word ‘bible’ in the bible. These are descriptions and names given that aid mankind to understand God, His Word, and His Spirit within a book called the bible.

The word Godhead is mentioned in the King James Bible version three times which I do not think is mere coincidence. The word Godhead is found in (Acts 17:29), (Romans 1:20) and (Colossians 2:9).

Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device. (Acts 17:29) KJV

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: (Romans 1:20) KJV

For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. (Colossians 2:9) KJV

In each of these three instances Godhead is translated from the Greek θεῖος theos meaning divine, God. Strongs #2316

This comes to us from Strongs #G2316 root word θεός theos meaning of uncertain affinity; a deity, the supreme Divinity, Divine, God. This word is used a whopping 1,343 in the King James Bible. The King James Bible translates Strongs G2316 in the following manner: God (1,320x), god (13x), godly (3x), God-ward (with G4214) (2x), misc (5x).

Satan’s Perversion

Religion’s use of the word ‘trinity’ may not be in the bible but the word ‘Godhead’ definitely is. Some modern corrupted translations of bible completely remove the word Godhead.
Why? Satan does not want you to know the answer to the question. Who is Jesus?
Satan wants to deceive you concerning the Godhead. Satan’s influence to remove this word from the Bible is meant to perpetuate the confusion surrounding the Godhead’s triune (trinity) nature shown in three personas of one single God.
Satan knows that a person seeking God can find God through his Word and works throughout creation as evidenced in the bible.
Satan also knows that he must divide God up into separate pieces to dissect the power contained within the Godhead of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and The Holy Spirit. This kind of division is essential to distract, confuse, and mystify the spiritual nature of both Satan and God. Satan has successfully blinded the eyes and minds of many from the truth that Jesus is God.
whose minds the god of this age (Satan) has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them. (2 Corinthians 4:4)
to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’ (Acts 26:18)

Let us take a closer look at that verse in Colossians and put it in context to see what Satan does not want you to know. Let us read some of the previous verses revealing Satan’s fears.

that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Now this I say lest anyone should deceive you with persuasive words. For though I am absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the steadfastness of your faith in Christ.
As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.
Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; (Colossians 2:2-9)
Jesus is God

Who is Jesus? To know Jesus is to understand that He is God and has always existed. Before Jesus took His name known by mankind, He was simply known as the Word. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1)

This provides us with the purpose of Jesus and one of His duties as part of the Godhead. Jesus is the Word of God. The Word = Jesus is the creator of ALL things. The Word that spoke everything into existence.

He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. (John 1:2-3)

For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast. (Psalm 33:9)
Satan would have people think that Jesus made His first appearance in history and was “created” at birth.
Since Jesus is the creator how could he have ever been created? That just does not make sense and Satan’s lie is exposed.
The Word Becomes Flesh

The Word of God tells us that the Word (Jesus) became flesh to dwell with man to bring salvation and truth.

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.(John 1:14)

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

Let’s examine the words ‘Word’ and ‘begotten’ from the previous two verses. This will help clarify their meanings for understanding God’s wisdom and Satan’s perversions.

Word is translated in Greek as Logos. Logos comes to us from Strongs #3056 where Word is translated from the Greek λόγος logos. This is a common term used 330 times in the New Testament with regards to a person sharing a message (discourse, “communication-speech”). Logos is a broad term meaning “reasoning expressed by words.”

Logos is the complete total Message straight out of Heaven that became flesh. To speak this message of salvation of Jesus’ blood sacrifice; Manifested in the crucifixion on the cross to His death, burial, and resurrection. (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)

Begotten is translated in the Greek as monogenēs. Monogenēs comes to us from Strongs #G3439 where begotten is translated from the Greek μονογενής monogenēs. Which means: single of its kind, only.

This is a combination of two words: “monos” which means “only” or “alone,” and “genos” which means “of the same nature, kind, sort, species” according to Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament.

This means that Jesus was the “only one of His kind,” unique in that He is the “only” Son of God. Manifested when the Word became flesh through a virgin birth to save man’s soul from hell.(John 3:16)

God with Us

Approximately 700 years before the birth of the promised Messiah Jesus. Isaiah prophesied about a virgin who would “conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.” Immanuel means “God with us.”

Harmony of Scriptures between the Old/New Testaments is made evident in the books of Isaiah and Matthew. God went to great lengths before Jesus was even born to send the Profit Isaiah in the Old Testament, and an Angel in the New Testament to proclaim His birth to both Joseph and Mary.

God had a plan to save mankind from Hell by becoming the ultimate final sacrifice for the atonement of sin. God would become like us, becoming flesh, only He (unlike us) was destined to be a sin free sacrifice. God with Us in Human Flesh through a miraculous Virgin’s birth.

Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14)

“Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.” (Matthew 1:23)

What more does mankind need to shed the lies of Satan? We have God, Angels, Prophets, Authors of books in the bible, and millions of Believers shouting out the truth for the unsaved ear to hear.

Join me in daily prayer for all the lost and mortally wounded souls who have yet to know Jesus as Savior.

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.

(1 Timothy 3:16)

Pray this simple prayer to trust Jesus as your Lord and Savior:

“Lord Jesus, I am a sinner and I need a Savior. Right now I will turn away and repent from my sin and accept you as my Lord and Savior. I trust and believe that You are the Son of God, my Lord and Savior for my salvation, I know and believe that You died on the Cross and rose again from the grave to pay for my sins. I thank you for saving me. Amen.”

source
http://somejesusthings./2014/11/16/who-is-jesus/#more-406

(1) (Reply)

Bible Warning / \\\ / It Is Never The Fault Of Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.