Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools (11435 Views)

Photo Shows Civilian-JTF Going To War With Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram War / We Won't Provide Security For February 14 Poll Unless Its Postponed - Military / Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by Ishilove: 7:30am On Nov 17, 2014
The Borno State Government said on Sunday that it had planned to enlist the services of local vigilantes, called Civilian JTF, to provide security in public schools ahead of the November 17 re-opening date.

Public schools in the state are expected to re-open on Monday after being shut on March 16 due to security challenges.

Dr. Mohammed Dongel, the Chairman of the 19-man committee on the resuscitation of primary school education in the state, stated this in a meeting with education secretaries and headmasters of public schools in Maiduguri.

Dongel said that the vigilantes had already been contacted to provide surveillance in all schools.

He said: “The state government deemed it necessary to take precautionary measures in ensuring safety of pupils and teachers in public schools before the re-opening date.

“The vigilantes have been contacted to provide surveillance and security to teachers and pupils in all schools to prevent schools’ attack like what happened in Yobe.”

Dongel said that perimeter fencing had also been provided in public schools to prevent security breach.

He said food vendors in all schools would be thoroughly screened on daily basis to prevent any incident.

According to him, visitors will also be properly registered to prevent any attack on schools.

He said the state government had allocated two utility vehicles to the vigilantes to monitor activities in schools in Maiduguri and Jere Local Government Areas of the state.

Dongel, however, said that only four schools in Maiduguri, Konduga, Jere and Biu Local Government Areas would be re-opened on Monday due to logistic reasons.

He said schools in other local government areas would be re-opened at a later date.

Speaking on the outcome of the meeting, Dongel said that it discussed the development of the education sector, especially the introduction of feeding of pupils and distribution of free uniforms to reduce burden on parents.

SOURCE: http://dailypost.ng/2014/11/17/boko-haram-civilian-jtf-provide-security-borno-schools-classrooms-re-open-monday/
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by Caleboha(m): 7:31am On Nov 17, 2014
I love the Nigerian Army. I love their professionalism. I will not use recent events for their overall assesment. They have lost so many men fighting in the most horrid terrain plagued with sabotage and corrpution! I blame one man for all their woes- the commander in chief. It takes supreme sacrifice to engage reckless terrorists with those rusted AK-47s. I duff my hat for you guys. I honestly dont know your motivation but its definitely not money, loot, fame, appreciation or immortalisation. May be its because you still believe in a dream we've all given up on- NIGERIA

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 17, 2014
First to comment
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by paulshakur: 7:32am On Nov 17, 2014
Eya, Nigeria my country is really loosing this war to the growing spate of insurgency. Hope these sponsored JTF militia won't turn back against the nation at the long run. However, it's a right move to allow the citizens provide security for themselves considering the failure on the part of the military, but we should not forget the story of how the sponsored militias in Libya and ISIS sponsored by the west turned against them.

God Bless Nairaland, God Bless Nigeria.

For Cafe owners, Secondary Schools enrolling their candidates for WAEC, NECO, JAMB, School Teachers, Proprietors, Principals and Workers, Tutorial Center Owners and Business Center Owners, My signature might be useful to you.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 17, 2014
Good news, thankGod this doesn't happen here,
Cos I school in France. Bonjour Y'all

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by QMark: 7:33am On Nov 17, 2014
Wise move
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 17, 2014
Every right - thinking parent had better move his/her child out of that state to school.

Don't gamble with your child.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by VanTee20(m): 7:33am On Nov 17, 2014
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by Mrphilia: 7:33am On Nov 17, 2014
Okkk Another JTF....If army no fit do am na bloody civilians want do am.
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by Oceemo(m): 7:34am On Nov 17, 2014
Hope d are fortified.
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by LyfeJennings(m): 7:34am On Nov 17, 2014
Nn
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by QMark: 7:34am On Nov 17, 2014
se0un:
First to comment

How does that translate into credit alert?

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by Iykebestbt(m): 7:35am On Nov 17, 2014
this is not just a slap on the face of our military ßüt also a slap on the yyansh

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by tomistelle(f): 7:35am On Nov 17, 2014
I just pray the civillian JTF won't be overwhelmed by those idiotic animals.Lord pls aid dos vigilantes in protecting d kids!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by mustaphagreens(m): 7:35am On Nov 17, 2014
sad
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by drestoneokuta(m): 7:36am On Nov 17, 2014
Well, thay have recorded quite a number of success, they deserve to be put to more use. Let's see where it leads.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by kennethchidi(m): 7:36am On Nov 17, 2014
Ok
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by Iykebestbt(m): 7:36am On Nov 17, 2014
se0un:
First to comment
try again later..
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by smart2precise: 7:36am On Nov 17, 2014
That one good but, make them provide with reasonable and safe amunitions o. Only cuttlasses and dane gun no fit do am o.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 17, 2014
This country never learns from history. The same circumstance as this created OPC and Bakassi boys, where did that end up? The former enforcers after succeeding in their duties later turned oppressors of the populace.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:37am On Nov 17, 2014
Good for them
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by pendusky(m): 7:37am On Nov 17, 2014
lipsrsealed so our army is downgraded!??

BTW my footnotes:

We understand the importance of the trust that our guest place in us and with this in mind, we always strive to produce positive results.

We welcome you to:
PATRISMEI COMPANY LIMITED (RC 1109640) &
PERITUS EDUCATIONAL CONSULTANTS (RC 1200290).

Address:
Plot 1 Kevin Street, Uyo
Akwa Ibom, Nigeria
P. O. Box 875 Eket
Akwa Ibom, Nigeria.
Tel:
+2348022155419
+2348166177557
Email:
patcl@outlook.com peritedu@outlook.com
URL:
www.patrismei.com
www.peritus.com.ng

Merry Xmas in Advance to Uncommon People here!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by Shadyswag(m): 7:38am On Nov 17, 2014
Gud thinking.at least he Aint clueless!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by englishmart(m): 7:38am On Nov 17, 2014
the earlier the better

Ishilove. This one wey all your topics dey nak fp.....

I'm suspecting you...

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by JayEye(m): 7:38am On Nov 17, 2014
Good....For the first time in a long while, the Borno State Government is thinking.
They should have kept waiting for GEJ....without doing the little they can to support..

Chai,only four schools opened in four lga...the north are really suffering o.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 17, 2014
Great

Sai APC!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by pekeyim: 7:40am On Nov 17, 2014
Interesting development

How trained are the civilian JTF?

How armed are they?

Who will coordinate them and ensure they are not infiltrated by these Haram guys?

If You were in Borno State will you send your Kids to school based on this News?
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by Bsc(m): 7:40am On Nov 17, 2014
Ok
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by mancheeutd(m): 7:40am On Nov 17, 2014
so many kids fighting for 1st to comment are you growing or just getting older...smh.
Re: Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools by adusco(m): 7:40am On Nov 17, 2014
God will be with the innocent pupils!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Killed As Bandits Hit Yet Another Village In Zamfara / APC Silent On Zoning, Nigerians Condemn ₦100 Million Nomination Form / Ekiti: Olusola Eleka Withdraws From Senatorial Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.