Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,430 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? (38632 Views)

How To Do Okra, Fresh Pepper, Vegetable Farming / Pls Help How Much Did I Need To Start Pepper Farming / Please I Need Help On How to Do Fresh Pepper Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Millionjeff: 11:49am On Nov 17, 2014
Pls nairalanders,I have some amount of money,that I use to for fresh pepper farming in my state,Edo state.I was told that one acre of land will give me 5 bags (50kg)fresh pepper,every four days.pls I need expert advice from farmers.pls I need your general advice pls.thanks for your usual assistance.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Soloxam(m): 8:07pm On Dec 19, 2014
Millionjeff:
Pls nairalanders,I have some amount of money,that I use to for fresh pepper farming in my state,Edo state.I was told that one acre of land will give me 5 bags (50kg)fresh pepper,every four days.pls I need expert advice from farmers.pls I need your general advice pls.thanks for your usual assistance.
@Op, the area of land will give u beyond if u know how to go about it....... Mean while let me ask u some question; planting pepper of an acre do u have the ability to maintain the farm? Also do u have man power for prompt harvest? U can contact me via my whatsapp no on my signature. Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Soloxam(m): 8:08pm On Dec 19, 2014
Millionjeff:
@Op, the area of land will give u beyond if u know how to go about it....... Mean while let me ask u some question; planting pepper of an acre do u have the ability to maintain the farm? Also do u have man power for prompt harvest? U can contact me via my whatsapp no on my signature. Good luck.
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 19, 2014
the pepper that can keep your pocket fat is Bell pepper. Try these varieties: California wonder' Yoko wonder or jalapeño all from Technisem and Seed Project co Ltd Kano

9 Likes

Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Pavore9: 3:37am On Dec 20, 2014
happybrother:
the pepper that can keep your pocket fat is Bell pepper. Try these varieties: California wonder' Yoko wonder or jalapeño all from Technisem and Seed Project co Ltd Kano
l guess you mean the picture of the capscum attached, Truth it has a higher return on investment. take for example the greenhouse l attached which is 24ft by 45ft is producing 600kg of Capsicum monthly though it is sold for about N180 per kilo here in Nairobi but in somewhere like Lagos it may hit about N400 per kilo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by excess4luv: 9:14am On Dec 20, 2014
Plz i need update on how to nurse the seeds and planting
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by sheyi86: 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
Pavore9:
l guess you mean the picture of the capscum attached, Truth it has a higher return on investment. take for example the greenhouse l attached which is 24ft by 45ft is producing 600kg of Capsicum monthly though it is sold for about N180 per kilo here in Nairobi but in somewhere like Lagos it may hit about N400 per kilo.
@ pavore9 y dont u allow it to ripe, abi it doesnt ripe ni thanks
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by jethro2: 6:20am On Dec 21, 2014
Sweet pepper(capsicum) is highly profitable but it selects soil type. Its also a delicate crop to manage. It needs attention and care.
excess4luv:
Plz i need update on how to nurse the seeds and planting
I have a comprehensive cd on pepper from nursery to harvesting but unfortunately don't know how to copy or get it across.
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by jethro2: 6:23am On Dec 21, 2014
jta2012:
Thanks sir,if the challenge u are facing has to do with KNOWLEDGE GAP
PLS.ORDER for my basic report on tomatoes and peppers before u commit
ur money and stop waiting endlessly for information when we at jta consulting
have come with an e-report on peppers and tomatoes.
For more PLS call 08184932156 or email jtaconsult2012co@yahoo.com
Please desist from all this non existing reports. Farming is practical and can not be learned through books. You ve got to be there for yourself.
No real and practising farmers has time to write reports

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Pavore9: 7:48am On Dec 21, 2014
sheyi86:

Capiscum has three varieties, green yellow and red.

3 Likes

Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Pavore9: 7:48am On Dec 21, 2014
sheyi86:

l believe you now know,
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Heleex: 8:07am On Dec 21, 2014
Pavore9:

What type of soil is suitable for growing this specie of pepper?

Are they susceptible to attacks from rodents?
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Soloxam(m): 11:39am On Dec 21, 2014
Heleex:

Pepper generally perform well in a sand loam soil rich in organic matters. You have to take care of the rodents...
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Pavore9: 11:41am On Dec 21, 2014
Heleex:

Capsicum grows on almost all soil types, but is most suited to well-drained sandy or loamy soils. Bacteria wilt and powdery mildew are the main diseases that affects it.
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by sheyi86: 5:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
Pavore9:

i'm very happy 4 ur quick reply, pls hw can i get d seed and then hw much is been sold i mean d seed also can i plant it in an open field.thanks sir
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by sheyi86: 5:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
Pavore9:

Capsicum grows on almost all soil types, but is most suited to well-drained sandy or loamy soils. Bacteria wilt and powdery mildew are the main diseases that affects it.
hw can farmer overcome d diseases also i much is d seed of red variety

1 Like

Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by sheyi86: 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
Pavore9:

l believe you now know,
yes i knoooow thanks
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by AreaFada2: 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
nice
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Soloxam(m): 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
sheyi86:
i'm very happy 4 ur quick reply, pls hw can i get d seed and then hw much is been sold i mean d seed also can i plant it in an open field.thanks sir
There are different verities of capcicum we have f1 Goliath, f1Tebesty, f1 Nobili and Granada. There is open pollinated as well Yolo wonder, all Technisem product.
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Pavore9: 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
sheyi86:
Of course it does very well in the open field.
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Pavore9: 8:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
sheyi86:
Of course it grows very well in the open field.
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Juliana7: 2:13pm On Dec 24, 2014
Wow, nice thread
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Millionjeff: 1:06pm On Jan 30, 2015
What is d local names in Nigeria of the picture of pepper u showed. can u also give the local name of small fresh pepper we see every day being sold by mallams.d one u showed is too big,am talking about smaller once.

Pavore9:

Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by pharez788: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
plz how long does it take to mature and harvest and when in the year is the planting season??
jethro2:
Sweet pepper(capsicum) is highly profitable but it selects soil type. Its also a delicate crop to manage. It needs attention and care.
I have a comprehensive cd on pepper from nursery to harvesting but unfortunately don't know how to copy or get it across.
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Mattin(m): 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
Pls I've been thinking of venturing into pepper farming of recent.
How do I get market for it?
Can I get the seed in IITA ibadan?
How many month does it take to ripe for harvest?
Which is best practiced; open cultivation of vegetable house like that of Pavore?
Pls reply oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by Millionjeff: 6:22am On Feb 16, 2015
Millionjeff:
What is d local names in Nigeria of the picture of pepper u showed. can u also give the local name of small fresh pepper we see every day being sold by mallams.d one u showed is too big,am talking about smaller once.

where can i get those varieties to buy for planting.How long does take mature and harvest it.what is d time for planting.how long do d plant stay before it dies or it does not die as long u keep on watering it.pls i need your advice.cause i already prepare the land.
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by nigerfine: 4:40pm On Feb 16, 2015
Call Soloxam.....trusted to give you more than you ask
Re: How To Do Fresh Pepper Farming? by purpinkx(m): 9:52am On Feb 17, 2015
jethro2:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Mission Shares Photos Of Ikun Dairy Farm In Ekiti State / 7 Top Cassava Buying Companies In Nigeria. / How Much Will It Cost Me To Start A Poultry Farm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.