Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway (1593 Views)

Buhari Speaks At The Opening Ceremony Of China-nigeria Business Forum / Buhari At The Opening Of CHOGM In Malta (Photos) / OBJ & Buhari Pictured In 1978 Cutting The Tape At The Opening Of Warri Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by julibos: 6:21pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hi all
I am here to vent this evening, on the closure of the opening, on Abeokuta expressway; I mean the spot at Dopemu/Iyana Bustop. I guess this was opened some months ago because of the 3 pedestrian bridges that were under construction and everyone going through that axis felt a great relief from having to sit in traffic from Ile zik, Mangoro all the way to Iyananipaja.
I find this act so disheartening; it feels like this government does not care about the sufferings of people, I believe they should know that proper fixing of all the pot holes is what that road needs not to totally block the opening, for the past three days now it’s been terrible. A lady chatting with me said she got down from her car in the holdup to get water to pour all over body and her head because she was just loosing it, with two kids in the car. Can’t we just do a proper thing and procure a solution; this appears to me like a battle between the federal government and state government. If proper permit wasn’t taken before opening up the road or should I say they forgot to close up the road, the fact that the masses observed some positive changes which was really aired on the radio should help them resolve whatever issues that may have come up to warrant closure right now.
This morning while passing through I saw a tanker and some other machineries being used to do a proper concrete to block the road and seal off spaces, couldn’t this material have been used instead to seal the pot holes
You can imagine spending 30mins from Ikoyi to Ikeja along (9.15pm light traffic) and then having to spend nothing less than 1hour 40 mins just to get to Iyana Ipaja or Egbeda from Ile zik bustop. Why? Do they want us to get old overnight, not all of us can afford to live in Ikoyi, Banana Island e.t.c at the moment.
Please if you are reading this and you have the power to reverse this situation please kindly do so. I remember Bank Anthony way road was remodified to ease a free movement of traffic and we noticed a great improvement ,why must you make the people from Alimisho local government area suffer, knowing very well that it’s a highly populated area.
I expect the government to find solution, not to add to people frustration pleasssse……

This is my personal observation.
Now I don’t know what section this should be….

2 Likes

Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 17, 2014
I have the same exact exact problem. I tried to think of any harm the opening did while it was there. I couldn't remember any. If this gets to fp,I believe it could be of some help.
Cc: obiniscopy,seun
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
It is "Ile Zik" and not "Ile Zinc".

3 Likes

Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by Ventura1: 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
Lagos state government open the spot while rehabilitating the dopemu bridge and left it that way after completion. Last week Ferma commences road patching on the Abeokuta expressway and decide to block it for God knows why. Perhaps because of the traffic it usually caused on the other side of the road...... OP the opening was not there before, same was done at iyana ipaja and was block after the rehabilitation was completed.
Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
It's totally sad that we are going through this pain and agony. Spending like two hours just from Ikeja to Iyana Dopemu. The government (both federal and state) has neglected us. And to think that Alimosho is where Lagos State gets their highest number of votes from. I leave my office in CMS by 5pm and don't get home until 9pm. This is bad! It's a total waste of precious manpower and time. Lagos State government has really neglected the good people of Alimosho. When the turning was newly opened, all the streets in the neighbourhood was tarred except the street where I stayed. And the reason we got from grapevine was that majority of the people in my street are PDP. I now ask myself, what of we that are loyal to APC? Authorities should please come to our aid. We are been neglected in Alimosho by the state government. We are suffering. Please come to our aid and offer palliative measures to the traffic we face between Ile-Zik and Dopemu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by lukaino(m): 8:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
I joined many people who made passionate appeals to the honourable commissioner for transport to ensure that the opening at go ye junction be left open permanently as commuters experienced great relief from traffic congestion when it was opened.

The only snag in the whole arrangement was that there were failed portions on that axis which were not attended to thereby ihibiting free flow of traffic towards iyana ipaja. Mending the failed portions was the solution to the daily heavy traffic gridlock on the road with the opening helping to decongest iyana dopemu whose traffic has assumed a constant 'k' status.
But ferma or the state government thought otherwise.
Well, my advice for the government of the day is to try as much as possible to constantly feel the pulse of the people (especially the masses who constitute the voting majority) to ensure that their basic needs are met especially when we are approaching an election year.
We are waiting for them.

2 Likes

Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by hugoart(m): 10:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
Another reason to vote against an "I don't give a damn" government.
Vote for APC.
Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
Federal authorities don't want LASTMAN on that road because it's a federal project. I heard this info from a reliable source so pdp and Apc are playing politricks on us .
Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by BRAV0O(m): 5:10am On Nov 18, 2014
Please help us tell them oO, or else federal govt should pave another way from ile zik to egbeda using that muri international airport vicinity , in fact uncle good luck can come and seat in that traffic , buy plenty gala and larcasara for hours before giving us rules and hardship grin
Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by lukaino(m): 7:54am On Nov 18, 2014
Where are the thousands of citizens going through this ordeal on a daily basis?
its funny how we suffer in silence in Nigeria. Are we saying that there are no Nairalanders numbering up to 200 using that road?
why are they not commenting on this thread?. this is our forum where we can vent and be heard. Please lets comment more so that this can make front page so we can get the desired attention from the authorities.
Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by TLU(m): 8:49am On Nov 20, 2014
It's really appalling. I remember my undergraduate days. This kind of nonsense would never go down. Guys would have removed the barricades same day in broad daylight! But now, we've grown docile, venting our anger online. Sitting pat and allowing these goons drive us crazy! I know one thing: there is always a threshold for people's tolerance.
Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by femu(m): 9:48am On Nov 20, 2014
The diversion had been a great source of discomfort and reckless desperate driving for commuters heading from Ota back to Lagos.
restoring the road back to it's DEFAULT state has been delightful for those on the other side.
There can't be such a diversion on a busy express way, only a overhead bridge can satisfy all commuters.
Imagine diverting Apapa-oshodi or Lagos-ibadan express way!!!
Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 20, 2014
Can the mods move this to the front page? I avoid that area like a plaque
Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by desgiezd(m): 10:59am On Nov 20, 2014
That opening was supposed to be a temporary one for LASG to do some repair work on the Iyana Dopemu and Iyana Ipaja Bridges. I can not tell why the government decided to retain this particular opening because the other one at Iyana Ipaja was sealed up immediately after the repairs. However, leaving the opening also created a lot of discomfort for those heading moving inwards Oshodi. Another thing I noticed also is that no sooner the opening was created, that portion of the road on both sides deteriorated very rapidly.
Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by julibos: 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2015
embarassed Hi people saw this in Guardian Newspaper yesterday February 11, pg12 The Metro Section.
I really do pray and hope something good comes out of this soon:

Gridlock returns over diversion on Lagos Abeokuta Expressway.
I quote “The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos Mr. Godwin Eke has given the assurance that the Federal Government would reopen the diversion leading to Alimoso Road from Lagos/Abeokuta expressway. Eke recently told newsmen that the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (ferma) would redesign a median drain, which prompted the creation of the diversion.
The community wrote us and pleaded that we should reopen it. We have done our part, we’ve done some investigations and we think it is feasible. We have now recommended it and we asked the Lagos state Government for concurrence so that both Federal and Lagos government would agree”.

Please if you are reading this and you have the power to facilitate this reopening, please do so quickly .The rains are here and we can see the signs of terrible traffic already. Please agree and let’s move forward.

1 Like

Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by saintade01(m): 6:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
julibos:
embarassed Hi people saw this in Guardian Newspaper yesterday February 11, pg12 The Metro Section.
I really do pray and hope something good comes out of this soon:
Gridlock returns over diversion on Lagos Abeokuta Expressway.
I quote “The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos Mr. Godwin Eke has given the assurance that the Federal Government would reopen the diversion leading to Alimoso Road from Lagos/Abeokuta expressway. Eke recently told newsmen that the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (ferma) would redesign a median drain, which prompted the creation of the diversion.
The community wrote us and pleaded that we should reopen it. We have done our part, we’ve done some investigations and we think it is feasible. We have now recommended it and we asked the Lagos state Government for concurrence so that both Federal and Lagos government would agree”.
Please if you are reading this and you have the power to facilitate this reopening, please do so quickly .The rains are here and we can see the signs of terrible traffic already. Please agree and let’s move forward.

What a relief.
Heard same thing from LASG insider. A reopening this year sha. I just hope its done on time.
Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by kay1one2(m): 7:11pm On Feb 12, 2015
berem:
It is "Ile Zik" and not "Ile Zinc".

People will be moving forward you'll be dragging them back with useless points that change nothing!
Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by kay1one2(m): 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
Egbeda traffic as a whole is hectic all because of "under-bridge" to dopemu flyover! Was shocked when I realised they've blocked the slight form of relief there was there.
Re: Closure Of The Opening At Dopemu Iyana Bustop Axis On Abeokuta Expressway by adaweezy(m): 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
the FG has little or no presence in Alimosho $ Ifako Ijaiye area

(1) (Reply)

Oil Subsidy Rose From N300b To N2.3tn Under Jonathan In Six Months – Amaechi / A Senators Monthly Salary + Allowance(Aprox 1.5Million Naria) / DON'T ABANDON MY HUSBAND, PATIENCE JONATHAN BEGS VOTERS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.