Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars (1796 Views)

Check Out Photo Of A Boy Chilling On The Bumper Of A Car / Biblical Bumper Stickers / Top 17 Bumper Stickers You Would Like To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by ebbymayox(m): 7:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
Only God can “George ” me
The quote above was painted bodly on a petrol tanker that just drove pass our car, I kind of wonder if he was talking about The George from the movie –George of the jungle or first President of America-George Washington. Well grammar aside, he passed across his message, it was simple, don’t judge him or judge his reckless driving, only God should.

It’s very hard this days to see a car pass by, without seeing a sticker or some write up on it’s wind shield. Infact the next thing after getting a new plate number for your brand-new or tokunbo car is to find the right bumper sticker that would pass “the message” across.The message on this stickers comes in various forms to express different meanings,an ARMY sticker plastered on any car, be it a scrap means “don’t dare mess around this car”.

Thees stickers are mostly religious, motivational or some portraying the status of the owner. These trends goes across all classes of people in the society, from the “God bless my hustle” you see on the small keke marwa to the” I am a winner” you read on the Big jeeps, everyone is trying aspire a future which transcends the present.

Before I bore you with my story,from my short trip to Nigeria I was able to categorize these sticker users into 7 groups:

Bumper Stickers you find on Nigerian Cars
1. The Religious stickers:

Someone said Nigerians are very religious and yet ungodly people, well that’s for you to agree or disagree upon, but the religious aspect is evident going by the kind of stickers you see around on car windscreens. “My year of anointing, “My year of un common grace”, “Real men love Jesus” , “The lord is my shepherd”, “Glory to God”,”Ye must be born again ,”No mosquito in heaven” Like seriously no mosquito in heaven?? Ogbeni have you been there before??.

2. Foreign Universities Stickers:

Whether is just a two weeks online course you took at Harvard,or it’s a two years diploma course you just finished in Bangladesh,a foreign degree is what you have just gotten, and adding that to your car sticker “resume” is a Big plus. As small as the sticker might look, a sticker saying “Havard Alumni” will boost the respect you get from people exponentially.

3. The Motivational Stickers:

“Who knows tomorrow”, “No food for lazy man”, “Givers never lack”, “No condition is permanent”, and all these you just read are for some sort of Hope for a better future that surpasses the owner’s present .Or you think the danfo driver don’t want to sit at owners corner in a prado jeep ,with a driver driving him? More reason he has “no condition is permanent” on his danfo.You can’t blame these people,we live in a society in which people constantly need their self-belief restored since they can’t explain the slow pace of progress in what they do.

4. The Professional Body Sticker:

Not uncommon for you to see “CLERGY”, “Doctor on Call” or “ARMY” bodily written on car stickers. This informs the incoming person who the owner of this cars might be.And I tell you, this works like magic, my little experience says it all. I was once travelling with my uncle some time ago, it was a sanitation day and cars were not allowed to move till after ten. But we forgot it was,not untill we got to the express way,and before we could say Taribo West , the police stopped us. As soon as they came towards our car and saw the “Doctor on call”sticker, they just greeted: oga Doctor,you get patient abi ,oya dey go and we left freely,shikena!

5. Stickers to my Haters:

They paint or inscribe something on their car that disses a group of people they call “HATERS”or “ENEMIES”.Just like every Nigerian musicians has Haters,and always want to diss them in their songs,car owners don’t spare their haters too.Na u get ur mouth, na me get the car, meaning screw you haters I own this car.(I sticker I saw on an old rickety lagos taxi)

6. The Music Followers:

In Lagos, hardly you find a danfo around places like Bariga,Yaba and Mushin just to mention a few without seeing Pasuma also known as arabambi or some other very popular musical icon plastered on their windschield. They also go further to add quotes from songs by this same Artistes on their car, quotes like jeun soke,arabambi ,gbagbe oshi ,no look uche face,pakuromo, etc

7.The football fans :

I need not talk much about this kind of stickers,80% of Nigerians are football lovers,ok I made that figure up,but you get what I am saying here.We Nigerians love football,so it shouldn’t be a surprise when you see a blue Stamford Bridge Chelsea Football Club sticker on Emeka’s car.

Source:http://www.tlkdrum.com/bumper-stickers-you-find-on-nigerian-cars/
Re: Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by write2obi(m): 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
I have one on my car grin I saw the funny stuff and i just had to get it grin
"Don't let the car fool you, my treasure is in heaven" grin grin
Re: Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by Wiztek(m): 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
Was in d car one day saw a petrol tanker with a sticker which
wrote 'HIGHLY INFLAMMABLE'.............................................

*SMH*
Re: Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by Trachea: 9:07pm On Nov 17, 2014
A long time ago in Ibadan, I saw a sticker on a danfo with a funny inscription. It says 'all that gold is not glitters. I have never forgotten that quote cos its so funny.
Re: Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by tosyne2much(m): 10:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
write2obi:
I have one on my car grin I saw the funny stuff and i just had to get it grin
"Don't let the car fool you, my treasure is in heaven" grin grin

Haha egbon you still dey dis country so ? grin Bin a while I stumbled upon your comment

Btw, abeg no forget vote 4me 2moro oooo
Re: Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by write2obi(m): 10:39pm On Nov 17, 2014
tosyne2much:

Haha egbon you still dey dis country so ? grin Bin a while I stumbled upon your comment

Btw, abeg no forget vote 4me 2moro oooo
Are u talking to me undecided
Re: Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by tosyne2much(m): 10:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
write2obi:

Are u talking to me undecided
sure now
Re: Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by nickz(m): 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
most annoying ones
"tb joshua stickers"
"missionary"
and that "speed kills shit"
Re: Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by write2obi(m): 10:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
tosyne2much:
sure now
What ar u contesting undecided LGA chairman or house of rep
Under which umbrella undecided

And why did u call me egbon? Do uvknw what that means in my language cry
Re: Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by tosyne2much(m): 10:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
write2obi:

What ar u contesting undecided LGA chairman or house of rep
Under which umbrella undecided

Haahahahahahahahaha far frm it broda.. Na Mr Nairaland ooooo, as you no gree contest and as you leave us make we go run, at least you must vote naaaa tongue
Re: Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by write2obi(m): 10:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
tosyne2much:

Haahahahahahahahaha far frm it broda.. Na Mr Nairaland ooooo, as you no gree contest and as you leave us make we go run, at least you must vote naaaa tongue
Okgrin
Re: Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by tosyne2much(m): 11:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
write2obi:

Okgrin
bin a while bro, were you kidnapped ? grin
Re: Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by Rapsainot(m): 11:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
WABILAHAI TAOFEEK
NO BODY "KNOW" TOMORROW
BALO STICKERS
OMO MUMMY
Re: Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by write2obi(m): 5:31am On Nov 18, 2014
tosyne2much:
bin a while bro, were you kidnapped ? grin
I'm a ghost mode kindof nairalander grin. #silentreading
Re: Bumper Stickers You Find On Nigerian Cars by Ezedon(m): 6:52am On Nov 18, 2014
VISION 2020
You are fighting a LUST battle

(1) (Reply)

Lol!.how Can People Be So Mean??? (photo) / Made In Nigeria Hoverboard / Ruggedman The Ruggedybaba Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.