Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Can A Legally Married Man, Be Guilty Of Raping His Wife? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Can A Legally Married Man, Be Guilty Of Raping His Wife? (547 Views)

Security Agencies Flogging Nigerians In Traffic: Legally Right Or Wrong? / How To Legally Buy A Gun In Nigeria. / Naison Zulu, 72-year-old Man Jailed For Raping His 94-year-old Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can A Legally Married Man, Be Guilty Of Raping His Wife? by prodiG(m): 8:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
As strange as this might sound,this is possible.It is called Marital Rape.What is marital rape?
Marital rape occurs when your spouse forces you to take part in certain sex acts without your consent. It is a form of intimate partner violence,i.e., an abuse of power by which one spouse attempts to establish dominance and control over the other. Research shows that it can be equally, if not more, emotionally and physically traumatizing than rape by a stranger.
While every country has its own laws on the subject, broadly defined,marital rape includes “any unwanted intercourse or penetration (va.ginal, anal, or oral) obtained by force, threat of force, or when the wife is unable to consent.”So my question is,do you think this law is applicable in Nigeria?
Re: Can A Legally Married Man, Be Guilty Of Raping His Wife? by cirmuell(m): 8:30pm On Nov 17, 2014
Well, it should be but I've not seen or heard anyone been prosecuted for this(people hardly report such cases). Moreover some tribes have this believe that the man owns the wife and he can do whatever he wants with her.

As long as it's a forced s3x without her consent, it equals r.ape to me. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Legally Married Man, Be Guilty Of Raping His Wife? by braine(m): 10:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
How would the wife even report it? "My husband raped me"... Ridiculous.

But then, its a fuckup on the man's side.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Child Learn Fast With Computer Devices(kids ANDROID TABLET) / Naija Mentality! / Tired Of After-shave Rashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.