Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? (65116 Views)

Nigerian Transgender Stephanie Rose Now Has A Vagina / How To Keep Vagina Clean And Healthy (NHS) / How Can Manliness Odour Be Fought ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by jasmine21(f): 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
Well, my tips for your friend are:

1. She should try to keep d hair down there as low as possible b4 every shave. Bushy hair in DT area causes sweat which smells, and then mixes with urine if she doesn't clean after peeing. (U can imagine this combo when d person takes off her pant)

2. Each time she pees (urinate), tell her to wipe her kitty clean with tissue paper to remove any residue of urine, b4 wearing bck her underwear. Most times, it is this little drops of pee frm each toilet visit that accumulates on the underwear and causes smell.

3. An alternative to 2 is for her to use party-liners. They really help. The goal is to replace your party-liners after each pee (u get?)

4. She should just wash that place everyday with feminine wash. It would help.

1 Like

Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by francescainnoce(f): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
she should have gone to get medic help when she first noticed this... never too late to see a doc or nurse....apparently the best she can do for herself...i really don't wanna start guessing what the course of this could or might be..
@op take your friend to the hospital and sort her out.....
i remember when i was about 15, i started seeing my period and obviously my ovulation but then i was only conversant with period. so i usually notice a brownish or white-brownish stain in my pant, i told my best friend and i decided to go see a doctor cos i thought it was toilet infection since i was at the uni then.
here is my point: I TOOK SOME MONEY FROM MY MUM'S PURSE, ALONG WITH MY BEST GIRLFRIEND, WE WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND I SECURED A CARD FOR BOTH OF US ONLY FOR THE DOCTOR TO TELL US IT WAS OVULATION After a long laugh but he did put us through and commended our effort and concern.
so bullet point: @OP TAKE YOUR FRIEND AND GO SEE A DOC ASAP IF YOU TRULY CARE ..
you should learn to connect to the hospital at any point neccessary.

1 Like

Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by totomod(f): 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
Iykebestbt:
pls kindly elaborate cloud 9. Thanks for ur usual cooperation
my friend you can follow the link to know what this cloud 9 is.
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by Lastdon02(m): 4:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
adewasco2k:
@OP let's start by you saying the truth.....is it really your friend or you?

***Cough......x*** tongue chai boss
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by Lastdon02(m): 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
adewasco2k:
@OP let's start by you saying the truth.....is it really your friend or you?
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by sunny99(m): 6:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
Alwaz waxh ur IT anytime u wewe n also neva u sleep wit anytin like clot in d nit it will clear. Sorry
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by Loskee(f): 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
First of all, op, if she is a babe that is séxually active, she needs to see a doctor urgently. Vajayjay odor is not something to be managed or overlooked. Infact any other smell from it apart from the usual feminine smell is an indicator of an ongoing pathology, which could be an infection, or even something as serious as a cancer.
My honest advice, as an oncologist who sees these things everyday of my practice, is for you to sympathize with this friend of yours and explain the need for her to see a doctor urgently on this matter. Offer to go with her because she will need support. It's not easy having an intimate problem.
Let her undergo basic swab tests that should include a high vàginal swab, an endocervical swab. These swabs will undergo microscopy, culture and sensitivity for any possible incriminating bacteria, fungus or other parasite.
If séxually active, she needs to do blood tests/serology to rule out syphilis, gonorrhea, HIV or other séxually transmitted diseases.
If séxually active, she should undergo what is called a Pap smear of her cervix to ensure she doesn't have any abnormal cells in her cervix. Abnormal cells if detected will necessitate the need for a biopsy to be sure she does not have a cancer of her cervix. Many a time too, this can be the cause of long standing Vajayjay odor.

So in essence, dear op, show her that you care indeed, not by buying her a perfume which will only temporarily mask the odor and ooze from her most prized part of her body, but take it all the way to the medics in the quest for a cure, so she can have her self confidence and esteem once again
She will forever remember you as a true friend for this.

I truly hope this helps.
Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by iffydave: 8:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
Chaiiiiiiiiii
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by eddieedoho: 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2014
Sleeping with different types of men and collecting sperms from different angles may be a risk factor.

1 Like

Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by spinna: 8:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
Had a friend with this problem in uni... a strong fishy odor ...gave her vagisil and it was gone for good

1 Like

Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by acada111(f): 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ezedon:
always clean with dettol warm water and salt, then you maintain only one partner and stop wearing OK undies, but guys don suffer.

i can't believe it for the first time in 5yrs FTC Baba GOD may your name be highly exalted this is evidence of good things to come

Dettol slackens the muscles of the vagina
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by 100Cents: 9:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
menix:
Eeyaahh..
Ve u tried confor..

grin

Nah cochroach she wan pursue ?

1 Like

Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by Ilekokonit: 5:09am On Nov 19, 2014
If she has a vibrator, tell her to ditch it as long term addictive use of a vibrator causes such odour giving rise to a lady displaying one of the most unpleasant symptoms of Obstetric Fistula without having given birth.

She needs to realise that the vagina is bordered at the back by the rectum which contains faeces and at the front by the bladder / urethra which contains urine. If a lady constantly uses a vibrator on herself, it could lead to the thinning of the walls seperating the vagina from the rectum and / or the urethra causing faeces and / or urine to leak into the vaginal cavity. Remember osmosis / diffusion and semi-permeable membrane.

Overuse of the vibrator thins this semi-permeable membrane causing faeces and / or urine to leak into the vagina.

Vesicovaginal Fistula, or VVF, is an abnormal fistulous tract extending between the bladder (or vesico) and the vagina that allows the continuous involuntary discharge of urine into the vaginal vault.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesicovaginal_fistula

A rectovaginal fistula is a medical condition where there is a fistula or abnormal connection between the rectum and the vagina.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectovaginal_fistula

2 Likes

Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by menix(m): 7:34am On Nov 19, 2014
100Cents:

grin

Nah cochroach she wan pursue ?

Seriously, used rug in skool days nd wen d room gets stuffy, comphor comes handy..
Buh if d thing sef go pursue 'roach' d better, u kno doz smells attract roach too.
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by vivor: 8:10am On Nov 19, 2014
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font],I hav read most of d replies,but no one has tot dat dis culd b spiritual,for it 2 smell so bad dat pple stay away frm u,ma dear try goin spiritual abt it.I hav seen a case lik dat en afta Gods intervention,it was found out dat an aunt did it 2 stop d gal frm getting married,pls go 4 treatment en also go see a pastor,God wil see u tru ma dear.
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by satowind(m): 8:30am On Nov 19, 2014
EroticAngelina:
please I need you guys help.. there is this my friend that has a very bad vagina odor.. so bad that sometimes I ditch her embarassed

how do I know this? she told me, when I bought her a perfume as a gift (but really I bought her that pef so that she can use it and so that I will be able to breath sad ) she told me that she knows that I'm giving her that perfume because of her vagina odor..and I felt so bad for her sad she begged me to help her stop it, that I just tell her what to do to stop it coz its really a disaster! people don't like coming near her. but as a friend..I wanna help her, so pls any suggestions? and one more thing... is it transferable?? embarassed
U don carry disease we all know is u so quit the pretense
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by amaechijay: 8:44am On Nov 19, 2014
Use Wipes or water to clean the vagina each time u urinate or excrete feases.
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 19, 2014
Loskee:
First of all, op, if she is a babe that is séxually active, she needs to see a doctor urgently. Vajayjay odor is not something to be managed or overlooked. Infact any other smell from it apart from the usual feminine smell is an indicator of an ongoing pathology, which could be an infection, or even something as serious as a cancer.
My honest advice, as an oncologist who sees these things everyday of my practice, is for you to sympathize with this friend of yours and explain the need for her to see a doctor urgently on this matter. Offer to go with her because she will need support. It's not easy having an intimate problem.
Let her undergo basic swab tests that should include a high vàginal swab, an endocervical swab. These swabs will undergo microscopy, culture and sensitivity for any possible incriminating bacteria, fungus or other parasite.
If séxually active, she needs to do blood tests/serology to rule out syphilis, gonorrhea, HIV or other séxually transmitted diseases.
If séxually active, she should undergo what is called a Pap smear of her cervix to ensure she doesn't have any abnormal cells in her cervix. Abnormal cells if detected will necessitate the need for a biopsy to be sure she does not have a cancer of her cervix. Many a time too, this can be the cause of long standing Vajayjay odor.

So in essence, dear op, show her that you care indeed, not by buying her a perfume which will only temporarily mask the odor and ooze from her most prized part of her body, but take it all the way to the medics in the quest for a cure, so she can have her self confidence and esteem once again
She will forever remember you as a true friend for this.

I truly hope this helps.
All of these things you wrote here doesn't have anything to do with the vaginal odor,why do Nigerians just keep commenting on things there are not sure of?Are you a doctor how did you know that HIV OR GONORRHEA OR SYPHILIS CAUSES ODOR,What do you know about pap smear or biopsy,What do you even know by cervix cancer,PLEAE CEVIX CANCER HAS A FOUL SMELL BUT IT ONLY OCCURS MAINLY WHEN YOURE IN YOUR MENOPAUSE AND YOU GET VAGINAL DISCHARGE SOMETIMES THAT IIS CERVIX CANCER,AM NOT COMMENTING ON THIS POST AGAIN BUT I WILL ADVICE YOU IF MY CLINIC WAS CLOSE I COULD HAVE TOLD YOU TO COME BUT SINCE IT VERY FAR,I SAY PLEASE DONT TAKE ANY DRUGS,CREAM,JUST WALK DIRECT TO YOUR DOCTOR AND TELL HIM THAT YOU HAVE BACTERIA VAGINOSIS,this mainly popular bacteria that occur mostly in women.but since i have not examined you am not sure i am supposed to ask you series of question you can add me on facebook or bbm so to help or email me
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by Anglovel: 10:30am On Nov 19, 2014
It is normal and healthy for you to have
some womanly odor. However, strong
womanly odor can be the result of
douching, excessive washing, wearing
clothes that are too tight and certain
chemicals in your soaps, among other
things. This strong odor can be
embarrassing. If you personally feel that
the smell is too strong, here are some tips
on how to eliminate womanly odor.
1- Identify any infections.
If you want to
stop womanly ordor in its tracks, you need
to figure out what's causing it first. The
most common source of womanly odor is
an infection. This can range from yeast
infections, to bacterial infections, to STDs/
STIs. The best practice to make sure that
this is not the case is to go to the doctor
and have them check you out. That said,
there are a few different ways you can
gauge if this is your problem:
If you have a lot of chunky white
discharge, you probably have a yeast
infection. Medicine for this can be found
easily at any drugstore and many grocery
stores.
You might contract a bacteria infection if
you don't practice proper toilet etiquette.
Do you wipe front to back or back to
front? Wiping back to front introduces
bacteria into your womanliness and can
cause infections.
If you think you might have contracted an
STD/STI, just go to the doctor to get tested.
This is the kind of thing you need to know
for sure, for your own safety and that of
those around you.
2- Check for imbalances.
The womanliness
is kind of like a rich ecosystem. Everything
has to exist in perfect balance, and that
balance can be really easily upset. If you
use soap, antibacterial, take baths that are
too hot, go in pools frequently, use scented pads, use lotion too close to your womanliness, don't change your underwear often enough or use
underwear of the wrong material, or a
large number of other things, you can
cause your little ecosystem to get totally
out of whack. Basically, avoid using those
things and just be very careful about
washing every day with water (no soap!)
and wearing clean clothes.
3- Embrace your natural odor.
Lots of
women don't like the way that their
womanliness smells, but if you ask their
boyfriends those guys will say they love it!
Don't underestimate your natural odor.
You might associate it with being unclean,
but....do I really have to tell you what guys
associate that smell with? They don't want
you to smell like flowers down there, they
want you to smell like...er....well...you. If
you've figured out that your smell isn't
caused by an imbalance or an infection
and that it's really just how YOU smell, you
should probably consider coming to live
with it and embrace it.
4 - Consider that maybe it's him!
Certainsexual practices can also cause womanlyodor, either from his bacteria colonizing
your body or just the smell of sex itself.
Nevermind if you're taking the sexual
practices outside of Missionary 101.
Consider if this is the reason you smell
different and take whatever measures you
believe are warranted.
Just going to put it out there: putting it in
your butt and then putting it in your
womanliness is a TERRIBLE idea. At least
switch condoms between these activities.
5 - Check for foreign objects.
You know, ithappens: sometimes you just forget youhave a tampon in there. Sometimes the
occasional condom (or piece of) gets left
behind. These things can cause an odor as
your body tries to get rid of the object.
Check for objects and get them out!
Leaving tampons and pads on for too long can also cause smells, even after they've finally been changed. Change them frequently to avoid it......IN ADDITION TO ALL OF D ABOVE.......
Pls TRY SOME HOME REMEDIES WITH FRESH LIME SQUEEZED INTO WATER USE IT AFTER BATHING TO WASH UR VAGINAL AREA,USE D LIME CUT IN TWO,TO SCRUB UR ARMPIT FOR 6 MONTHS DAILY, DO NOT RINSE.....U WILL BE GLAD U DID
I WAS GIVEN DIS REMEDY WHEN MY TENAGE SISTER,LATER MY HOUSEHELPS HAD DIS PROBLEM WAY BACK IN 1987-1994,WITHIN 6MONTHS OF MY SUPERVISION,MY SISTER WAS CLEARED OF B.O. ETC TODAY DEY ARE BIG MADAMS WITH GROWN KIDS....
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by edbazu(m): 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
EroticAngelina:
please I need you guys help.. there is this my friend that has a very bad vagina odor.. so bad that sometimes I ditch her embarassed

how do I know this? she told me, when I bought her a perfume as a gift (but really I bought her that pef so that she can use it and so that I will be able to breath sad ) she told me that she knows that I'm giving her that perfume because of her vagina odor..and I felt so bad for her sad she begged me to help her stop it, that I just tell her what to do to stop it coz its really a disaster! people don't like coming near her. but as a friend..I wanna help her, so pls any suggestions? and one more thing... is it transferable?? embarassed
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by edbazu(m): 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
She should always shave her armpit, use medicated or antiseptic soap, use rollon and always wash her cloth with toilet or scented soap.
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by Loskee(f): 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2014
chester47:
All of these things you wrote here doesn't have anything to do with the vaginal odor,why do Nigerians just keep commenting on things there are not sure of?Are you a doctor how did you know that HIV OR GONORRHEA OR SYPHILIS CAUSES ODOR,What do you know about pap smear or biopsy,What do you even know by cervix cancer,PLEAE CEVIX CANCER HAS A FOUL SMELL BUT IT ONLY OCCURS MAINLY WHEN YOURE IN YOUR MENOPAUSE AND YOU GET VAGINAL DISCHARGE SOMETIMES THAT IIS CERVIX CANCER,AM NOT COMMENTING ON THIS POST AGAIN BUT I WILL ADVICE YOU IF MY CLINIC WAS CLOSE I COULD HAVE TOLD YOU TO COME BUT SINCE IT VERY FAR,I SAY PLEASE DONT TAKE ANY DRUGS,CREAM,JUST WALK DIRECT TO YOUR DOCTOR AND TELL HIM THAT YOU HAVE BACTERIA VAGINOSIS,this mainly popular bacteria that occur mostly in women.but since i have not examined you am not sure i am supposed to ask you series of question you can add me on facebook or bbm so to help or email me

And finally brethren, this is how we know the quacks in our midst, posing as doctors.
First, you don't have at least a fair command of pidgin English, let alone the Queen's English, and you come here to blab about studying abroad....

Oh yeah, he said Ukraine or some backyard like that. Little wonder.

Now, Mr Danger Mouse, have you ever heard about a workup, about differential diagnoses and about ruling out Ossipee coexisting pathologies? Just in case you are not thinking, HIV for instance can cause reduced immunity that can make the patient come down with opportunistic infections, one of which is cervical cancer for your information.

Second, nobody has said she must have any or all of the above illnesses as causes. When you come to the clinic, you take tests to rule in or rule out causative organisms as the case may be, and treat according to findings. You don't just walk straight and say you have a certain disease if not, why didn't you just go ahead and treat yourself since you already know what the heck is wrong with you?

Third, and pathetically not the least, I saw your lengthy writeup about hormones and chromosomes implicated in some imbalance of some sort that causes odor... C'mon man, this is the TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY!!! Information is everywhere. I read it umpteen times to be able to even make out a bit from your plethoric balderdash.

You can keep deceiving the world the much you can, until you find yourself all by yourself.

Shame on you, QUACK!!!

1 Like

Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
Loskee:

And finally brethren, this is how we know the quacks in our midst, posing as doctors.
First, you don't have at least a fair command of pidgin English, let alone the Queen's English, and you come here to blab about studying abroad....

Oh yeah, he said Ukraine or some backyard like that. Little wonder.

Now, Mr Danger Mouse, have you ever heard about a workup, about differential diagnoses and about ruling out Ossipee coexisting pathologies? Just in case you are not thinking, HIV for instance can cause reduced immunity that can make the patient come down with opportunistic infections, one of which is cervical cancer for your information.

Second, nobody has said she must have any or all of the above illnesses as causes. When you come to the clinic, you take tests to rule in or rule out causative organisms as the case may be, and treat according to findings. You don't just walk straight and say you have a certain disease if not, why didn't you just go ahead and treat yourself since you already know what the heck is wrong with you?

Third, and pathetically not the least, I saw your lengthy writeup about hormones and chromosomes implicated in some imbalance of some sort that causes odor... C'mon man, this is the TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY!!! Information is everywhere. I read it umpteen times to be able to even make out a bit from your plethoric balderdash.

You can keep deceiving the world the much you can, until you find yourself all by yourself.

Shame on you, QUACK!!!
WOW I NEVER KNEW AM QUACK.AM STILL WAITING WHEN THE GOVERNMENT WOULD FIND OUT AND DEPORT ME..BESIDES WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT HORMONES WHAT DO YOU EVEN KNOW.WELL I WONT STAY ON MY LAPTOP COMMENTING ON YOUR POST.UNTILL YOU GET A DEGREE OR A MASTERS THEN YOU CAN TALK TO ME,THAT IS IF YOU HAVE THAT BRAIN.ITS YOUR TYPE THAT NEVER LEARN
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by blessedfavoured: 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
try use baby wipes or water and dry with a towel. Tissue breaks and leaves particles down there.
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by dominicson: 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
Very very simple... Someone has mentioned lime, good. I've, as an herbal practioner, recommended it more than 7 times, very excellent. Another and more powerful cure can be found in pawpaw sap, I can't even count the number of times I've made use of this.

Yeah, whatever your faith is I don't know but take it or leave it it maybe spritual with any of these causes: hissing or spitting when you were bathed at birth. Or, it maybe a punishment from the 'elders of the night', or a man may put it on you to scare rivals away.

I told you these because I feel for you. Some religious fanatics, even you, may dispute, it is your own cup of tea. He who wears the shoe knows where it pinches

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
menix:
Eeyaahh..
Ve u tried confor..
hahahahahahaha
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
Oga no dey lie 4 us. She can neva tel u she has odour in her private. Abi na u get the odour u dey lie 4 ur innocent friend head. Well, i'll just tel u to always wash ur stuf very wel and ladies dont wear a pant 4 2 days. You should also see ur doctor.
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
Emmalot121:
In this 21st century, where there so many search engines, when just a click will bring thousands of answers, a rational mind begs to think that NLders create posts like this.

Thank God someone else sees it too.

1 Like

Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by jaydee87(m): 7:26am On Nov 20, 2014
Ezedon:
always clean with dettol warm water and salt, then you maintain only one partner and stop wearing OK undies, but guys don suffer.

i can't believe it for the first time in 5yrs FTC Baba GOD may your name be highly exalted this is evidence of good things to come
no vex broda but u wrong on two aspect number of times you have sex Dont give u odour and OK undies Dont cause odour..
Re: How Can Vagina Odor Be Fought? by jaydee87(m): 7:31am On Nov 20, 2014
Smallville10:
Oga no dey lie 4 us. She can neva tel u she has odour in her private. Abi na u get the odour u dey lie 4 ur innocent friend head. Well, i'll just tel u to always wash ur stuf very wel and ladies dont wear a pant 4 2 days. You should also see ur doctor.
its possible depending on how close they are.
A friend once told me she always have this discharge from her honeypot and am a guy not girl like her so I tink if she is comfortable with her she might

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Coco Samba Sexual Stimulant Can Kill - NAFDAC / My Daughter Has Hair Lice. / Zoleka, Nelson Mandela's Granddaughter Dying Of Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.