Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,398 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

(PHOTO): Meet The Woman Who Woke Up From The Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (PHOTO): Meet The Woman Who Woke Up From The Dead (752 Views)

Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) / ChukwuEmeka Woke Arrested For Dakuku's Assassination Attempt / See Photos Of The Woman Who Cried As Buhari Received His Certificate From INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

(PHOTO): Meet The Woman Who Woke Up From The Dead by Wisdytech(m): 9:48pm On Nov 17, 2014

She is not Lazarus but her story would shock you even more. In one of most amazing news of recent times, Ruby Graupera-Cassimiro, a Florida, United States 40-year-old mother, stopped breathing for 45 minutes after doctors tried to deliver her of a baby through cesarean section. She was practically dead.

According to techtimes.com, doctors performing the operation after trying unsuccessfully to bring her back to life, called on her family members to say their farewells. But just at that moment the unexpected happened – the blip of her heart beat began to show on a monitor. It is a miracle that continues to stun doctors.

“She went for almost an hour without a pulse and the resuscitation lasted almost three hours,” said Dr. Jordan Kanurr, the anesthesiologist who also led the resuscitation effort. “I’ve never seen anything like this. Neither have any of other anesthesiologists and other doctors I work with.”

The excited survivor, whose daughter was born healthy, says she is just savoring every new day.

“I remember feeling a force telling me ‘you’re not coming here, this is not your time. I was dead. My husband tells me, ‘you were gray. You were cold as ice, and you were dead. You had no colour in your lips’.

“To me this is humbling. The doctors call it a miracle and that they do not have an explanation,” she said.

Kanurr said the medical team realized something was wrong when Graupera-Cassimiro lost consciousness shortly after the birth. Resuscitation efforts began immediately and continued until doctors felt there was no hope left.

“Just before I did that, she began to have a rhythm. To keep it simple I believe this is truly a miracle. Her survival is a double miracle because she had no brain damage despite going for so long without a pulse,” he said.

Graupera-Cassimiro remembers nothing that happened after her daughter was born. But her 21-year-old niece, Crystal Santos, said family members gathered to say goodbye.

“They said they were going to have to call a time of death, that it had been almost 45 minutes and that they normally don’t go that long on a code,” Santos said. “My grandmother was crying and begging for God to take her instead.”

Moments later, a blip was heard on the heart monitor.

“There were at least 15 people in that room working on her and they all started crying. They told us they had never seen anything like that,” Santos said.

Although several weeks have passed, she said she still feels like she was watching herself in a video and that the entire experience seems unreal. After the near-death experience, time with her husband, seven-year-old son and infant daughter is even more precious, she said.

“Now we are just savoring the moments. Every day is a gift,” she said.

SOURCE: http://brainnewsng.com/photo-meet-the-woman-who-woke-up-from-the-dead/
Re: (PHOTO): Meet The Woman Who Woke Up From The Dead by seunlayi(m): 10:30pm On Nov 17, 2014
Glory be to God, Weldone Doctor for your unrelenting effort

1 Like 1 Share

Re: (PHOTO): Meet The Woman Who Woke Up From The Dead by eagleae7(m): 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
Really

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

FG Must Try Amaechi For Treason, Says Fani-kayode / How Many People Can The Earth Support, 10 Billion !!!? / State Of Jersey To Return £315m Abacha Loot To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.