Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 (23573 Views)

Emefiele Predicts Economic Boom For Nigeria In 2018 / Dangote Refinery Will Fetch $6bn Forex Yearly - CBN / Fuel Importation Will End In 2018 – Aganga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Uncleodi(m): 7:16am On Nov 18, 2014
▓▓▓▓)
(▓▓▓▓)
.(▓▓▓▓)
_(▓▓▓▓)
__(▓▓▓▓)
___(▓▓▓▓)
____(▓▓▓▓)
_____(▓▓▓▓)
______(▓▓▓▓)
______.(▓▓▓▓)
_______(▓▓▓▓)
_______(▓▓▓▓)
_______(▓▓▓▓))
______((▓▓▓▓▓))
______(▓▓▓▓▓▓)
_____((▓▓▓▓▓▓))
____(▓▓___▓▓▓▓)
___.(▓▓___▓▓▓▓))
___▓▓▓___▓▓▓▓▓))
_(▓▓▓▓___▓▓▓▓▓▓)
((▓▓▓▓________▓▓▓)
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓))
(▓▓▓▓▓___▓▓▓▓▓▓))
(▓▓▓▓▓___▓▓▓▓▓▓))
(▓▓▓▓▓___▓▓▓▓▓▓))
(▓▓▓▓▓___▓▓▓▓▓▓))
(▓▓▓▓▓___▓▓▓▓▓▓))
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓))
(▓▓▓▓___▓▓___▓▓▓)
(▓▓▓▓___▓___▓▓▓▓)
(▓▓▓▓_____▓▓▓▓▓▓)
(▓▓▓▓___▓___▓▓▓▓))
(▓▓▓▓___▓▓___▓▓▓))
(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
(▓▓▓▓________▓▓▓▓)
(▓▓▓▓___▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
(▓▓▓▓_____▓▓▓▓▓▓))
(▓▓▓▓___▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
(▓▓▓▓________▓▓▓▓)
((▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓))
_((▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
__((▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓))
___((▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓))
____((▓▓▓▓▓▓▓))
_____((▓▓▓▓▓▓)
______((▓▓▓▓))
_______((▓▓▓))
_______((▓▓▓)
______((▓▓▓)
_____((▓▓▓)
____((▓▓▓)
___.(▓▓▓)
__(▓▓▓)
.(▓▓▓)
(▓▓▓)
((▓▓)))
((▓▓))
_(▓▓))
__(▓▓)
___(▓▓)
____(▓▓)
_____(▓▓)
______(▓▓)
_______((▓)))
________((▓))
_________((▓)
_________((▓)
_________(▓)
________(▓)
_______(▓)
______(▓)
______(▓▓)
______((▓▓▓))
_______(▓▓▓▓▓))
_______(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓))
_______(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓))
_______(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓))
_______(((▓▓▓▓▓))
________((▓▓▓▓))
________(▓▓▓▓)
_______(▓▓▓▓)
______(▓▓▓▓)
_____(▓▓▓▓)
____(▓▓▓▓)
___(▓▓▓▓)
__(▓▓▓▓) !¡!¡
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\..……….
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by paulshakur: 7:18am On Nov 18, 2014
Okay
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by olola4(m): 7:19am On Nov 18, 2014
I hope all the wealth this man called Dangote keep accumulating he will take it to heaven.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by smallJagaban: 7:33am On Nov 18, 2014
lastmessenger:

Those who sell second hand cloths are still the ones who developed Lagos. Go and check the number of igbos who own houses in Lagos and you will know.
We all know how dangote made his money but we are happy because he is investing in the Nigeria economy.He only needs to work on his greed. When I say greed I mean why cement price automatically came down to 1000 when some years back he sold cement over 2k to Nigerians.

THIS IS FANTASY, FANTASY!! FANTASY

WE KNOW HOW YOUR ROB AND CARRIED OUT THEIR VICIOU ACTIVITIES IN LAGOS...

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by smallJagaban: 7:35am On Nov 18, 2014
WHY IS IT THAT THERE'S NO MAJOR INVESTMENTS IN SOUTH BEA..ST?

MAYBE BECAUSE OF THE LAND OVER THERE IS BARREN
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 18, 2014
Seems am gona study petroleum refining for masters afterall.....
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Williamso(m): 7:38am On Nov 18, 2014
a9nyc2020:
Monopoly @its peak...well done sha...more sweat 2 ur aimpit....in advanced countries dere is hardly monopoly...
Akoja360:
MONOPOLY

It's monopoly when you 'unfairly' fight the competition into oblivion. He's building the first private refinery, and while he most certainly may be monopolizing other business sectors, I don't see a monopoly in this case...
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by major466(m): 7:48am On Nov 18, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
I can't wait. This corruption is just too much.
Our refineries are working at 40% capacity..

And at 40% capacity, it will produce 600 barrels per day..

Nigerians use less than 500 barrels per day..and yet, we import..

Import what? What happened to the ones produced by our refineries?

Even NNPC claimed to be importing...

All scam!!
To cary out a thorough maintenance work on our existing refineries to make them operate at 100 percent capacity will not be cost effective. It will be a total waste of funds. This is because the four refineries are so old that components needed for their maintainance and upkeep are not in production worldwide.
This quack mire was brought about by economic centralization (a policy of excessive government monopoly) for many years since 1975 until about 2006 when the sector was opened up for private sector participation in petrochemicals development.
Unfortunately the private sector had not been able to make use of this opportunity because petroleum products prices are still being regulated. No investor especially foreign investors will invest in a regulated economy were prices are fixed. That's why no refineries were build even after seven or more licenses were approved to begin construction of refineries. It was as a result of this delima that the present government in January 2012 attempted to completely remove fuel subsidy and allow market forces to control prices to encourage private investors to build refineries but Nigerians kicked against the removal.
Dangote is building the refineries out of patriotism because he's a Nigerian and a wealthy one at that. He can afford to build a refinery and still make a substantial profit even in the present condition of government intervention in prices.

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 18, 2014
aadoiza:

I Feel you bro. And I assure you today it will pass Insha Allah.

Amen oo. thanks
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Williamso(m): 7:49am On Nov 18, 2014
smallJagaban:
WHY IS IT THAT THERE'S NO MAJOR INVESTMENTS IN SOUTH BEA..ST?

MAYBE BECAUSE OF THE LAND OVER THERE IS BARREN

You should take a tour round Nigeria! There are MAJOR INVESTMENTS in the S/E. We should stop this bigotry for god's sake!!!

P.S.: I'm not from the South East...

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Williamso(m): 7:52am On Nov 18, 2014
major466:

To cary out a thorough maintenance work on our existing refineries will be not be cost effective. It will be a total waste of funds. This is because the four refineries are so old that components needed for their maintainance are not in production all over the world.
The quack mire was brought about by economic centralization (a policy excessive government monopoly) for many years since 1975 until about 2006 when the sector was opened up for private sector participation in petrochemicals development.
Unfortunately the private sector had not been able to make use of this opportunity because petroleum products prices are still being regulated. No investor especially foreign investors will invest in a regulated economy were prices are fixed. That's why no refineries were build even after seven or more licenses were approved to begin construction of refineries. It was as a result of this delima that the present government in January 2012 attempted to completely remove fuel subsidy and allow market forces to control prices to encourage private investors to build refineries but Nigerians kicked against the removal.
Dangote is building the refineries out of patriotism because he's a Nigerian and a wealthy one at that. He can afford to build a refinery and still make a substantial profit even in the present condition of government intervention in prices.

Spot on!!!
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by edogho(m): 7:54am On Nov 18, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:

All scam!!
Big Scam I Tell Ya. buh this moves this man's making dey make me shiver. when all facets of our economy revolves around him, we should brace ourselves up for trouble. don't forget he's a northerner and no one knows his mind as to d situations in d north and country in general, they only see him as a businessman buh businessmen as we know are ruthless risk and decision makers. i'm beginning to untrust these a*b*o*k*i dem since one point gun for mi head. mr aliko dangote is up to something, i just hope it favours me and mi country ppl sha... and i pray it shouldn't be "nation wide sharia or no food for una"...
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by smallJagaban: 7:57am On Nov 18, 2014
Williamso:

You should take a tour round Nigeria! There are MAJOR INVESTMENTS in the S/E. We should stop this bigotry for god's sake!!!

P.S.: I'm not from the South East...

YOU CAN LIST THE MAJOR INVESTMENTS THERE...

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 18, 2014
Akoja360:
MONOPOLY
Yes it may seem that way first, but it won't remain that way for long if the business is successful.
Nigerians(igbos) are always there to dilute any potential monopoly.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by nijanigga: 8:05am On Nov 18, 2014
zubby29:
dangote is a giant,he sees d future,jst like wat he did in cement sector,i blv d issues of petroleum products import will soon b a tin of d pst,i am coming to take over from him!
when oil which is about to become useless, your eyes will be opened but it will be too late. end of fossil fuel is getting closer and closer. By 2030 there will be solid alternative to fossil fuel. Developed are thinking way ahead, dumb are working at snail speed.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 18, 2014
This is bad news for the Nigerian economy as a whole. Anyone who thinks this is good for the country must be a very uneducated person. This will only make Dangote richer and Nigeria poorer. Nigeria won't grow till we stop depending on oil and find other means of revenue.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by lastpage: 8:18am On Nov 18, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:

All scam!!

Dont mind the Thieves GEJ surrounds himself with after all, he said stealing/looting the treasury is not corruption! shocked shocked

I have first hand knowledge of what the Oil Cabals (Jonathan's friends, NNPC officials and some PDP executives) do to Nigerians:

There are two groups:
1.) The Obasanjo Group:
These types have stolen Nigeria's money and built Refinerires along the West African coastline in countries like Guinea, Liberia, e.t.c.
They bunker/Steal/Siphon Nigeria's crude Oil or pay some peanuts using "under-invoicing" with collusion with officials of NNPC, and take it to their foreign refineries (built with our collective money).

They refine it and bring it back home to sell while claiming "subsidy" on the "imported Oil
Just imagine, Our Money, Our Crude Oil, Our refined Petrol and Our Subsidy.... all in their pockets!
! grin grin

2.) The second Group are the Locally-based thieves!
They Steal/Siphon/Bunker Refined Petroleum products like PMS (Petrol) and load it on their Ships.
The Ship set sail a few Kilometers into the open water and DOES A U-TURN with its loaded cargo or Petrol refined in our 40% Capacity Refineries.
Just like that, the Fuel has become "imported fuel", ready to "collect SUBSIDY" and sold to Nigerians at cut-throat price! grin grin

I am laughing because the level of criminality in the Nigerian Government has gotten to the level whereby if you decide to "be serious" about it, you will definitely think about looking for the next thing that sounds like "Kaboom"! shocked shocked shocked

If its beyond crying, its better to just laugh!

But on the other hand, Nigerians deserve the kind of criminals they vote into power...
Your Vote is your Power, if you decide to sell it for "Stomach infrastructure" or some 'crumbs of Niara' through "TAN, Forty Laptops" or some other derivatives of such or even for a Gallon of Ground Nut Oil and One bag of Rice grin grin, then you deserve to suffer very well, after all, it was your CHOICE!
undecided undecided

Lastpage!

BTW; I am sure you can feel the anger in my typed letters?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Ekowise(m): 8:19am On Nov 18, 2014
AJINATU:
Let those who sell fake drugs and second hand clothes inside their 2x2 inches shop continue to deceive themsleves about how they control the economy of Lagos while real enterpreneurs put their money where their mouth is
Must you say that?
Why must some people always wait to get a point in getting at another badly. While we celebrate coming success, you stay where you are and raise racist issues.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 18, 2014
F117AA:
Nigerians(igbos) are always there to dilute any potential monopoly.

Can you please keep tribalism out of this thread?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by tolustx(m): 8:24am On Nov 18, 2014
As good as the idea is, I ve some issues with it. Firstly, I don't think such shud be sited in lagos. Wld ve been better in ogun/oyo state, considering the traffic condition and population congestion of lagos. Secondly, I wld ve preferred him building a power plant rather than refinery. A power plant will benefit Nigerians more than a refinery. Even wen dis stops oil importation, it doesn't mean oil prices will reduce. His own priority is 'profit' sha.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by drkay002: 8:26am On Nov 18, 2014

Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by lastpage: 8:27am On Nov 18, 2014
edogho:
Big Scam I Tell Ya. buh this moves this man's making dey make me shiver. when all facets of our economy revolves around him, we should brace ourselves up for trouble. don't forget he's a northerner and no one knows his mind as to d situations in d north and country in general, they only see him as a businessman buh businessmen as we know are ruthless risk and decision makers. i'm beginning to untrust these a*b*o*k*i dem since one point gun for mi head. mr aliko dangote is up to something, i just hope it favours me and mi country ppl sha... and i pray it shouldn't be "nation wide sharia or no food for una"...

Relax, dont bother your head.

All business men are the same world over: CROOKS after making more money! grin
Do you want him to invest in places where bombs are going-off by the minute, even though it is his home town?
Do you not think he knows where he will get the best "return on investment" for his money?
Does sit surprise you he chose Lagos.... why not Ondo or Ile-Ife, even amongst Western States?
But if the worse comes to the worst and the "Yaawa come gazz", it his loss and he cant "uproot" those physical investment! grin

Just like the Americans allowing the Chinese to buy up all their Hotels, buildings or build some structures in America!
They know that if something happens, they will simply tell them to phuck-off! shocked

But the Chinese are also smart in that they are paying them for those 'assets', using their useless "paper" Dollar that just get printed and churned out by the minute. shocked shocked

Overall, l think Dangote, just like any Aboki that decides to be smart.... is always very very smart!
He is pitching his tent with the 'winning team" right now. wink wink

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 18, 2014
lastmessenger:

Those who sell second hand cloths are still the ones who developed Lagos. Go and check the number of igbos who own houses in Lagos and you will know.
We all know how dangote made his money but we are happy because he is investing in the Nigeria economy.He only needs to work on his greed. When I say greed I mean why cement price automatically came down to 1000 when some years back he sold cement over 2k to Nigerians.

You know how Dangote made his money, if it was that easy why aren't you doing the same undecided undecided undecided

Many comments here reek of shameful and gross ignorance. Oil refining is one of the most difficult businesses in the world. Margins are often tight even in the most developed nations where most ends can sell for profit. What I'd like to know is what sort of pricing Dangote will be negotiating with the FG, will he buy at open market price or a competitive price where he will not only pocket all the savings and pass all the costs to us? It's early days to be rejoicing
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by a9nyc2020(m): 8:39am On Nov 18, 2014
Williamso:

It's monopoly when you 'unfairly' fight the competition into oblivion. He's building the first private refinery, and while he most certainly may be monopolizing other business sectors, I don't see a monopoly in this case...
yeah...u might not see it now...I tell u after it's (refinery) completion, u will eventually si it...9ja's economy is very dependent on dis man about (35%) of revenue comes 4rm him...so y u do u tink its gonna be a diff story dis time...?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Williamso(m): 8:46am On Nov 18, 2014
smallJagaban:

YOU CAN LIST THE MAJOR INVESTMENTS THERE...

Camela, Glassforce, IVM, nigergas, nigersteel, etc etc... Those are just the ones I could think of off my head...
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Wittylens(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2014
Why didn't he give the contract to Nigerian Engineers?

Or are our engineers not good enough?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 18, 2014
Wittylens:
Why didn't he give the contract to Nigerian Engineers?

Or are our engineers not good enough?

Nigerian engineers?! grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by Williamso(m): 8:53am On Nov 18, 2014
Qoigord:
This is bad news for the Nigerian economy as a whole. Anyone who thinks this is good for the country must be a very uneducated person. This will only make Dangote richer and Nigeria poorer. Nigeria won't grow till we stop depending on oil and find other means of revenue.

I don't get. Please explain.

One of the major detriments to our economy is the fact that we keep importing refined petroleum products. Refining our own will cut this practice and possibly enable us export if we refine above our local consumption. Despite the fact that this refinery will create thousands of jobs during construction and operation stages.

So please, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING/TYPING??
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by oyinzy(m): 8:54am On Nov 18, 2014
Awesome
Re: Dangote Refinery To Start Production In 2018 by ALKARULEZ615(m): 8:54am On Nov 18, 2014
Mtcheeeew!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 Ways To Make Money At NYSC Orientation Camp As A Coper Or Non-coper / My Experience With Facebook Fake Aliko Dangote -photos / Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.