Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,832 members, 7,851,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:42 AM

Halliburton Buys Bakerhughes In $34.6 Billion Deal (see Full Details Of The Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Halliburton Buys Bakerhughes In $34.6 Billion Deal (see Full Details Of The Deal (467 Views)

Jonathan AGF And Chinese Oil Company Linked To Emeka Offor $3 Billion Deal. / Buhari, Osinbajo Meet With Chevron Officials + Full Details Of The Meeting / Aregbesola Budgets 18.6 Billion Naira For His Office - Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Halliburton Buys Bakerhughes In $34.6 Billion Deal (see Full Details Of The Deal by stevewale(m): 9:20am On Nov 18, 2014
Two U.S. oil-drilling giants became one on Monday, when Houston-based companies Halliburton and Baker Hughes agreed to a $34.6 billion merger.

The deal came soon after talks between the two competitors broke down and Halliburton indicated the possibility of a hostile takeover of Baker Hughes, the New York Times reported.

Halliburton, controversial for its role in the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosions, will retain its name in the new combined entity, and its chief executive and chairman David J. Lesar will take the helm.

The combination of the two companies’ resources, including operations and research and development, will save over $2 billion in costs and help them compete with industry leader Schlumberger.

SEE FULL DETAILS OF THE DEAL/TRANSACTION: http://www.halliburton.com/public/news/pubsdata/press_release/2014/HAL-BHI-Joint-Announcement-Press-Release.pdf
Re: Halliburton Buys Bakerhughes In $34.6 Billion Deal (see Full Details Of The Deal by gtrust: 10:36am On Nov 18, 2014
I will only comment if they promise me like 0.1% of that money!!!
Re: Halliburton Buys Bakerhughes In $34.6 Billion Deal (see Full Details Of The Deal by bitterpenis(m): 10:48am On Nov 18, 2014
None of my business until I get a job there

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Military Recaptures, Hong, Pelia & Gombi / Happy 99th Birthday To Chief (mrs) H.I.D Awolowo / FG Cancels Training Of Nigerian Soldiers By US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.