Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

Female Cops In Indonesia Take Virginity Test - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Female Cops In Indonesia Take Virginity Test (759 Views)

Advice: How Can I Survive In This Labour Market Without Breaking My Virginity. / Should I Sell My Virginity To Retain My Job? / Indonesia's Police Recruitment Criteria For Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Cops In Indonesia Take Virginity Test by kaywizee(m): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2014
By Euan McKirdy and Kathy Quiano, CNN

Jakarta, Indonesia (CNN) - The Indonesian police continue to use a "degrading" invasive physical test to check for female recruits virginity, a Human Rights Watch (HRW) report has claimed.

A manual examination is used to physically check for an intact hymen in the recruits, the report alleges.

It is, according to the report, a long-standing part of the health check that women must undergo to be accepted onto the force.

While the virginity test is not specifically part of the required "obstetrics and gynecology" examination that female recruits are required to undergo to gain entry to the National Police, senior female officers told the report's authors that it has long been part of the process.

Virginity a requirement

The National Police website lists the health requirements for female recruits, listing virginity as one of the requirements.

"In addition to the other medical and physical examinations. Women who want to become policewomen are to undergo a virginity test. Policewomen must keep their virginity," the informational page states. It ends the section with a cheery "thank you" and a smiley-face emoticon.

Married women are not eligible to apply for service in the police force.

Police: Exams applicable to both sexes

A police spokesperson told CNN that all recruits, not only female, were subject to thorough medical tests that included examination of Instruments.

http://oyiidoma..com/2014/11/female-cops-in-indonesia-take-virginity.html?m=1
Re: Female Cops In Indonesia Take Virginity Test by pickabeau1: 12:56pm On Nov 19, 2014
Strange
Re: Female Cops In Indonesia Take Virginity Test by PROCTOR: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2014
Absolute...................
Re: Female Cops In Indonesia Take Virginity Test by kaywizee(m): 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
pickabeau1:
Strange
am surprised at the practice too!
Re: Female Cops In Indonesia Take Virginity Test by echobee(f): 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2014
Chisossssssssssssss sad
Re: Female Cops In Indonesia Take Virginity Test by kaywizee(m): 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2014
echobee:
Chisossssssssssssss sad
can you go thru such test?

(1) (Reply)

Training Schedule For Cad, Pdms, P&id, Hysys, Petrel Training In Lagos / Four Most Powerful Ways For Salary Negotiation / Reach Your Target Audience With Nigerian Gsm Marketing Database

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.