Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,218 members, 7,822,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month (907 Views)

Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? / PHCN Customers Get 300% Increase In Monthly Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month by Trendy247: 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
By CHRIS OCHAYI ABUJA:
— The Federal Government, yesterday, said with effect from today, 1 May 2014 electricity consumers that had no power supply for 15 days in a month are no longer required to pay the monthly N750 fixed charge to their respective Distribution Companies
My current location is Abak- Akwa ibom state, here we hardly enjoy 5hrs light in a day and as i am typing this, we haven't seen light for 4 days now but at the end of the month we're expected to pay N1500 to avoid disconnection... What should i do in this situation??
Re: PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month by shevon: 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
I would not have even bothered to pay the bill if only they read my meter and bill me according to what I utilize. But instead, they slam me with an estimated bill for a period we never had light and I am paying more than what I would ordinarily pay if we had light (even if it was constant)
Re: PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
Its same ere oo my brother..I don tire to complain sef
Re: PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month by shakol91(m): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
I don't think Ondo state precisely Akure and Ekiti state (Ado Ekiti) are part of Nigeria. Since the beginning of this month we're all using Gen. If BEDC is ready to give power they bring it around 2am and we don't wake up to see it. So pathetic
Re: PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2014
SuperMartins:
Its same ere oo my brother..I don tire to complain sef

That's bad. They give us steady power supply, sometimes I just put off every when I'm home because our bill was really outrageous then. 10k and above.

All of a sudden, it dropped to 4k.
__ then 0N...lol. I became scared, that the day this people will realise their mistake they would come for us with MOPOL.

Then it went up again...
__ to N238.00k this time. It's been within that range for 2mths.

@Trendy247: AKS doesn't have light na...they may have good roads and infrastructure but NO LIGHT!!

1 Like

Re: PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month by Trendy247: 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

@Trendy247: AKS doesn't have light na...they may have good roads and infrastructure but NO LIGHT!!
There's steady supply in uyo n other LGA's
Re: PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month by amichaelz101(m): 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
Noted
Re: PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2014
shevon:
I would not have even bothered to pay the bill if only they read my meter and bill me according to what I utilize. But instead, they slam me with an estimated bill for a period we never had light and I am paying more than what I would ordinarily pay if we had light (even though epileptic)
I subscribe to u gettn d prepaid meter..I really donot know if it changes anytin but I think when pop's recharges(don't know how much) ,it stays a really long time..its better u pay for wat u used up instead of been cheated even with ur eyes wide open..
Re: PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
Trendy247:

There's steady supply in uyo n other LGA's

For real?
That is a good development, because all the time I have been in Uyo. I am very sure I can count how many times I saw light.

1 Like

Re: PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

That's bad. They give us steady power supply, sometimes I just put off every when I'm home because our bill was really outrageous then. 10k and above.

All of a sudden, it dropped to 4k.
__ then 0N...lol. I became scared, that the day this people will realise their mistake they would come for us with MOPOL.

Then it went up again...
__ to N238.00k this time. It's been within that range for 2mths.

At a time,d supply was gettn better but few weeks nw,,its been terribble..and I think if u keep gettn charged beyond d limits of ur usage,u better talk to them so they don't keep stealing from u..I wish our supply was as stable as urs..
Re: PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
SuperMartins:
At a time,d supply was gettn better but few weeks nw,,its been terribble..and I think if u keep gettn charged beyond d limits of ur usage,u better talk to them so they don't keep stealing from u..I wish our supply was as stable as urs..

I complained and I got tired. They said it's because we are using old meter, I asked them to bring the new one__ that I'm interested. Then they said, they haven't been licensed to use it. I just knew their actions were deliberate.

What they do then in my hood is, they just look @ the house, if it's fine and looks like where there would be washing machine/microwave...they slam you 10k...lolz.

1 Like

Re: PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

I complained and I got tired. They said it's because we are using old meter, I asked them to bring the new one__ that I'm interested. Then they said, they haven't been licensed to use it. I just knew their actions were deliberate.

What they do then in my hood is, they just look @ the house, if it's fine and looks like where there would be washing machine/microwave...they slam you 10k...lolz.
Lmaooo..u not serious grin ..dis accusation of urs might just be legit shaa..shuoo,u av to apply for d prepaid meter..it saves so much from stress-of-phcn-officials..
Re: PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month by Yungwizzzy1(f): 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
eyaa
Re: PHCN: I Still Pay Monthly Bills With Less Than 96hrs Of Power Supply In A Month by nuclearboy(m): 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2014
It's called Fresh Air. From 25 private jet owners in 2007 to OVER 200 owners in 2014.

Don't worry - it's "our brother" handing over our widow's mites to cronies, friends and political allies.

What do you need power for anyway, when TAN has said Nigeria has been transformed.

I know the truth now though, that its not ethnicity or hatred thats required to develop the society, and I will vote for real progress forthwith

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Media And Connection To A.p.c (punch, S.r, A.i.t,pm News,vanguard) / Commotion At National Assembly / Army Promotes Three Officers For Showing Bravery Against Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.