Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) (2395 Views)

What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / My Volvo S80 Is Consuming Fuel At A High Rate / My Car Is Consuming Water At A Rapid Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) by oba009(m): 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2014
Please my space wagon is hard in starting in the morning, lazy to pick up when accelerating, consuming fuel and shorten oil.

My mechanic say it is the turbo on the injector that need to be serviced for laziness in accerating and consumption of fuel. Also he said i need to change the engine if shorten oil. But I just bought this vehicle from germany in June this year.

Please is my mechanic right and what did you think I should do?

Please I use Mobil oil the one they sell for 3000/4litre and do servicing every month.
My Journey with the car is to go to work and come back.

Thanks.
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) by oba009(m): 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
20 VIEWS AND NO RESPONSE, HABA NAIRALANDER MAKE UNA BAIL ME OUT NOW.
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2014
oba009:
Please my space wagon is hard in starting in the morning, lazy to pick up when accelerating, consuming fuel and shorten oil.

My mechanic say it is the turbo on the injector that need to be serviced for laziness in accerating and consumption of fuel. Also he said i need to change the engine if shorten oil. But I just bought this vehicle from germany in June this year.

Please is my mechanic right and what did you think I should do?

Please I use Mobil oil the one they sell for 3000/4litre and do servicing every month.
My Journey with the car is to go to work and come back.

Thanks.

oil is never changed every month

when you say shorten oil what you mean ? do you mean it would be below the full mark on the dip stick? if so how offen do you check your oil

then oil fuel consumption what did you use to gauge ? hearsay or comparing from the manufacture worksheet

finally we need the full spec of the car right now we dont even know that its a diesel or petrol , which year engine size etc
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) by b2212(m): 3:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
If you rev the car does it REV above 3?
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) by oba009(m): 11:36am On Nov 24, 2014
When I said shorten oil I mean before the next time of changing the oil and filter it is already below gauge.

The Car is Petrol engine and it is Automatic.

Is it every month that I should be changing the oil of by distance of say 9000 miles or what?

ZIMDRILL:

oil is never changed every month

when you say shorten oil what you mean ? do you mean it would be below the full mark on the dip stick? if so how offen do you check your oil

then oil fuel consumption what did you use to gauge ? hearsay or comparing from the manufacture worksheet

finally we need the full spec of the car right now we dont even know that its a diesel or petrol , which year engine size etc
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) by oba009(m): 11:38am On Nov 24, 2014
Sorry I dont know what you mean by rev. Please can you explain. Thanks.

b2212:
If you rev the car does it REV above 3?
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) by AutosBay(m): 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2014
The first thing to do is do a compression check, which will narrow it down to the cylinder or cylinders involved. The likely culprit is valve guides or seals – a repair that can be done by removing the head from the engine, not a small job or one left to amateurs or to attempt yourself.
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) by b2212(m): 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
oba009:
Sorry I dont know what you mean by rev. Please can you explain. Thanks.

i mean if you raise it does the needle/indicator go beyond 3 on the dashboard?
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) by oba009(m): 2:09pm On Nov 24, 2014
I will check when i am going back home today.

Thanks.

b2212:

Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
oba009:
When I said shorten oil I mean before the next time of changing the oil and filter it is already below gauge.

The Car is Petrol engine and it is Automatic.

Is it every month that I should be changing the oil of by distance of say 9000 miles or what?

do you travel 9000 miles for month ? i guess the answer is no

oil level should changed twice a week or monthly these depends on how much long travel you do per week the more you do the frequently you you check the oil level via dip stick

oil service is done either by miles/kms or mothns/years therefore manufacturer say by miles/km or months/years meaning whatever comes first between the two

what they mean is this if you eg buy a car with 20000miles on the clock and within 6 months you clock 30000miles you have to changed the oil
this is usually monitored by the service light indicator it does the countdown for you from 10000 to 0 once it reaches 0 then it stays permanently on sign on dashboard instrument cluster, it only switches off when you reset either by a machine or by a sequence shown in the owners manual but if you changed the oil and not reset it, it will stay so changing the oil doesnt make the light disappear

then years method, there are people who dont travel much right, so it might take them 4 years to clock 10000miles, in this case you change the oil on the 2 and half or 3rd year regardless that the oil indicator has not shown up aka regardless that miles travelled havent been interval stated this example it 10000, you simply change the because oil grades as years goes by even when not used much

so commercial vehicles and indiviuals who do long distance are the ones that might change oil very frequently becoz they clock more miles than an average home to work back to work driver

here is uk most people on cars that are roughly 4 years above people do service every year the reason being that any car above years is required to yearly to have a roadworth certificate so when the is being checked for roadworth onwers request for service as well the idea is to have everything sorted for once and for all

if you want to no more about your car play with google you can download the owners manual it gives you more infor on service interval
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) by oba009(m): 10:46am On Nov 25, 2014
I noticed that if i raise it, it will not rev pass 3 unless you press it hard, then it can reach 4.

b2212:

Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) by oba009(m): 10:46am On Nov 25, 2014
Thanks man

ZIMDRILL:

do you travel 9000 miles for month ? i guess the answer is no

oil level should changed twice a week or monthly these depends on how much long travel you do per week the more you do the frequently you you check the oil level via dip stick

oil service is done either by miles/kms or mothns/years therefore manufacturer say by miles/km or months/years meaning whatever comes first between the two

what they mean is this if you eg buy a car with 20000miles on the clock and within 6 months you clock 30000miles you have to changed the oil
this is usually monitored by the service light indicator it does the countdown for you from 10000 to 0 once it reaches 0 then it stays permanently on sign on dashboard instrument cluster, it only switches off when you reset either by a machine or by a sequence shown in the owners manual but if you changed the oil and not reset it, it will stay so changing the oil doesnt make the light disappear

then years method, there are people who dont travel much right, so it might take them 4 years to clock 10000miles, in this case you change the oil on the 2 and half or 3rd year regardless that the oil indicator has not shown up aka regardless that miles travelled havent been interval stated this example it 10000, you simply change the because oil grades as years goes by even when not used much

so commercial vehicles and indiviuals who do long distance are the ones that might change oil very frequently becoz they clock more miles than an average home to work back to work driver

here is uk most people on cars that are roughly 4 years above people do service every year the reason being that any car above years is required to yearly to have a roadworth certificate so when the is being checked for roadworth onwers request for service as well the idea is to have everything sorted for once and for all

if you want to no more about your car play with google you can download the owners manual it gives you more infor on service interval
Re: Mitsubishi Space Wagon Gdi Automatic 2000 (lazy In Movement & Consuming Fuel) by oba009(m): 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
ok
b2212:

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 2008 Or Honda Accord 2008 / This Is Why You Should Buy A Hybrid Car / See 'Half-beetle Half-bike' Car Spotted In Lagos(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.